Jesse Watters under fire for dismissing Trump's 'revenge tour' as 'hoax' despite celebrating prior political retribution threats

Previously, Jesse Watters had boldly declared on Fox News that Donald Trump would undoubtedly pursue vengeance against his political adversaries
Fox News host Jesse Watters is a staunch supporter of former president Donald Trump (Fox News and Getty images)
Fox News host Jesse Watters is a staunch supporter of former president Donald Trump (Fox News and Getty images)

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Fox News host Jesse Watters, a vocal supporter of Donald Trump, has been caught attempting to dismiss reports about the former president's proclaimed "revenge tour" as false despite celebrating his previous threats of political retribution.

According to a report from watchdog group Media Matters, Watters, alongside other pro-Trump media figures, is now downplaying the former president's well-documented calls for revenge in what appears to be an effort to undermine criticism from the Biden campaign, which portrays him as aspiring to authoritarianism.

Jesse Watters backtracks on Donald Trump's 'revenge tour'

"Watters is currently downplaying the former president’s well-documented calls for political retribution in an apparent attempt to undermine the Biden campaign’s characterization of Trump as a would-be authoritarian," the Media Matters report stated.

Watters, who has frequently used the phrase "revenge through success" on his show, recently labeled reports of Trump's revenge plans as a "hoax", as highlighted by the said report.

Jesse Watters questioned the nature of Palestinian people on his Primetime show (Fox News)
Jesse Watters was brutally slammed after his conflicting statements regarding Donald Trump's potential political retribution (Fox News)

This contradicts his earlier stance immediately following special counsel Jack Smith's indictment related to Trump's alleged election interference in August 2023, when Watters confidently supported the ex-POTUS' intentions.

“Don't you think for a second he's not going to unleash hell on all of his political enemies,” Watters told Fox News viewers. “This is only the beginning of politicians putting other politicians and their families in prison."

Jesse Watters' contradictory remarks on Donald Trump's vengeance plans

During that period, Jesse Watters boldly declared on Fox News that Donald Trump would undoubtedly pursue vengeance against his political adversaries, asserting, "Don't you think for a second he's not going to unleash hell on all of his political enemies."

He even predicted that Trump's return to power in 2025 would involve legal assaults against foes and changes to American laws to facilitate such actions.

"Watters' message relies on the phrase 'revenge through success' which he has oft repeated on air, as recently as June 12 in a segment that included the graphic caption 'revenge hoax,'" the Media Matters report said.



 

Media Matters identified multiple instances where Watters enthusiastically supported Trump's promises of retribution, including advocating for actions against General Mark Milley and suggesting the revocation of broadcast licenses for news networks critical of Trump.

"Now faced with conflicting statements, Watters finds himself in a challenging position," as noted by the report. "If Trump continues to jockey for retribution in public – as he likely will – Watters will have to continue to cry 'hoax,'" it added.

Jesse Watters skewered online for conflicting remarks over Donald Trump's revenge plan

The criticism of Jesse Watters, a prominent figure on Fox News, is intensifying among social media users and readers.

One reader wrote, "Gee, Jesse...all I see in Donmentia is an ineffectual and incompetent old has-been that barely ever was-a-been. Besides the criminal, rapist, traitor stuff."

Another replied, "JW is playing a dangerous game."

One individual wrote, "Watters it's the classic Fox entertaining clown that the MAGAT losers love. Of course he lies, of course he is rude and of course he isn't a news commentator or even a news broadcaster. He is a Fox entertainer. Period."

Another added, "Yep. he's nothing more than a wind-up monkey doin' a dance and clangin' his cymbals."

One individual added, "Watters is an absolute lying Scumbag. He like the rest of the Dumb Fux News Propaganda Network are now worried about lawsuits coming at them. The threats are real and people are getting sent to prison. TFG is also now a Criminal Felon as well."

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.

GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

Trump described the suspect as someone with a 'violent history' and an 'obsession' with the White House
1 hour ago
Mike Johnson expressed optimism about the development, calling it a sign of strong leadership and saying the US is now more secure under Trump
2 hours ago
The fund was unveiled last week after President Trump announced he would withdraw his $10 billion lawsuit against the IRS
2 hours ago
Ted Cruz warned that a deal allowing Tehran access to funds or nuclear development could strengthen a hostile regime
2 hours ago
Former Kamala Harris aides reportedly dismissed a 2028 run, with one adviser calling it 'obviously a bad idea'
2 hours ago
Robert Gevertzman, who died in March 2025 at 75, landed the Democratic ticket for next month’s primaries
3 hours ago
RFK Jr called the move 'sinister', questioning why the agency had not fully released the records despite a 1992 law mandating their disclosure by 2025
4 hours ago
White House shooting drew bipartisan condemnation as officials praised Secret Service response
4 hours ago
Lindsey Graham warned an Iran deal could make Tehran appear stronger if it still threatens Gulf oil infrastructure
5 hours ago
The proposed framework could start fresh negotiations over Iran’s nuclear program
5 hours ago