Michael Cohen says Donald Trump's doorman made 'false' claims of him sharing lovechild with maid

Trump Tower ex-employee Dino Sajudin was allegedly paid to suppress his false claim that Donald Trump had a child out of wedlock
Michael Cohen is prosecutors' star witness in the ongoing Donald Trump hush money trial case (Getty Images)
Michael Cohen is prosecutors' star witness in the ongoing Donald Trump hush money trial case (Getty Images)

MANHATTAN, NEW YORK: Donald Trump’s defense attorney, Todd Blanche, continues to scrutinize Michael Cohen over his testimony in the hush money trial case.

During the ongoing trial, Blanche asked Trump’s former aide to clear his stance on the Trump Tower doorman’s claim.

NEW YORK, NY - MAY 30: Michael Cohen, a longtime personal lawyer and confidante for President Donald Trump, leaves the United States District Court Southern District of New York on May 30, 2018 in New York City. According to a filing submitted to the court Tuesday night by special master Barbara Jones, federal prosecutors investigating Cohen are set to receive 1 million files from three of his cellphones that were seized last month. (Photo by Spencer Platt/Getty Images)
Michael Cohen testified as a witness in Donald Trump's hush money trial case (Getty Images)

Michael Cohen questioned over the Trump Tower doorman's story 

Former employee Dino Sajudin was reportedly paid to suppress his false claim that Donald Trump had an alleged love child with a maid.

"Money was paid to keep the story from getting out but the story was false, correct?" Blanche asked Cohen. To which, he responded with, "I believe so, yes.”

The defense attorney followed up with, "Do you have any doubt in your mind it's false?”

"No sir," Cohen replied.

NEW YORK, NEW YORK - NOVEMBER 06: Former President Donald Trump exits the courtroom after testifying at his civil fraud trial at New York State Supreme Court on November 06, 2023 in New York City. Trump testified in the civil fraud trial that alleges that he and his two sons Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump conspired to inflate his net worth on financial statements provided to banks and insurers to secure loans. New York Attorney General Letitia James has sued seeking $250 million in damages. His sons testified in the trial last week and his daughter Ivanka Trump is scheduled to testify on Wednesday after her lawyers were unable to block her testimony. (Photo by Michael M. Santiago/Getty Images)
Donald Trump is likely to run for the presidential race later this year under the Republican flag (Getty Images)

Blanche also questioned Cohen over his testimony where he felt that if the false story about the Trump Tower doorman came out in public, it would have a ‘significant’ impact on the campaign, reported CNN.

"But the president didn’t share your view, did he?" Donald Trump's attorney asked.

“I’m not sure I agree with that," Cohen answered.

Blanche followed up with, "Didn’t you previously tell the government that President Trump said he didn’t think this story would hurt him?"

"I would need to see that document please," Cohen said.

Blanche then asked the former confidant if Trump didn't "initially" think the story would hurt him.

To which Cohen agreed, "Initially, yes."

David Pecker claimed he purchased Dino Sajudin' story (Karjean Levine/Getty Images)
David Pecker claimed he purchased Dino Sajudin's story (Karjean Levine/Getty Images)

David Pecker earlier testified on buying Trump Tower doorman's story

MEAWW previously reported, David Pecker, the man behind the National Enquirer, shared how he bought a potentially damaging story for $30,000 to keep it from going public during Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign.

In his testimony during the hush money trial on April 23 in the New York court, he said that he bought a doorman’s story claiming that Donald Trump had fathered a child out of wedlock.

Pecker believed the story, if true and published, could have been a significant embarrassment to Trump’s campaign.

“It would have been very embarrassing for the campaign,” Pecker said. He agreed to pay the doorman, Dino Sajudin, $30,000 for exclusive rights to the story, according to The Guardian reporters from the courtroom.

The story was bought by Pecker not for publication but to ensure it remained out of the public eye.

GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

Donald Trump cited the White House's security and space limits as he made the case for a new facility ahead of Xi Jinping's visit
31 minutes ago
Donald Trump said North Korea’s leader may be open to renewed engagement, reviving hopes for a fresh meeting after years of stalled diplomacy
1 hour ago
'While the sailors on the Lincoln fight his war, he fruitlessly drains our munitions and oil reserves, sleeps through his meetings', Jon Ossoff said
7 hours ago
Federal filings showed Lautenberg had donated hundreds of thousands to Democratic causes over a decade, including Harris and Clinton's campaigns
7 hours ago
Jared Kushner and Benjamin Netanyahu agreed to create working groups on Hamas' disarmament and Gaza's humanitarian crisis after four hours of talks
8 hours ago
'The Strait is open, oil prices are coming down, and they will continue to come down unless we decide to do something far more drastic', Trump said
8 hours ago
Trump appears in no hurry to replace Leavitt, despite allies pushing their preferred candidates, as he has already mapped out how the job will be handled
8 hours ago
Trump repeatedly told CNN reporter Kristen Holmes to be quiet after she pressed him on North Korea, triggering a White House rebuke
9 hours ago
Bill Maher called Iran a regime that killed thousands, contrasting it with President Donald Trump, who he said was 'nowhere near as bad'
9 hours ago
UK Prime Minister Andy Burnham exchanged several texts with someone claiming to be Wiles
10 hours ago