'Turned Kanye into hip hop Hitler': Jimmy Kimmel trolls Nikki Haley over banning TikTok 'once and for all'

Nikki Haley faced criticism from opponents over her proposal to make social media platforms mandate name identification and ban anonymous posts
Jimmy Kimmel takes a hilarious jab at Nikki Haley (Getty Images)
Jimmy Kimmel takes a hilarious jab at Nikki Haley (Getty Images)

MANHATTAN, NEW YORK CITY: Jimmy Kimmel surprised viewers by agreeing with the South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley.

During his late-night talk show on December 8, the comedian playfully trolled the presidential hopeful in a monologue, humorously pointing out her suggestion of banning TikTok.



 

'That's what happened to Kanye'

Jimmy Kimmel jokingly mentioned the low viewership of the not-so-highly anticipated Republican debate, highlighting it as the lowest-rated debate so far.

He noted former President Donald Trump's absence, playfully referring to him as the "elephant not in the room". Kimmel humorously concluded that Nikki Haley ended up as the unexpected star of the event.

As part of the fourth GOP presidential debate, Haley said, "We really do need to ban Tik Tok once and for all and let me tell you why...for every 30 minutes that someone watches Tik Tok, every day they become 17% more anti-semitic more pro-hamas based on doing that". 

(@JimmyKimmelLive/Youtube)
Nikki Haley speaking during a Republican presidential primary debate (@JimmyKimmelLive/Youtube)

Jimmy Kimmel playfully said, "That's what happened to Kanye" who transformed into "hip hop Hitler" after watching TikTok for a week, maintaining a humorous and exaggerated tone.

Kimmel continued the monologue, claiming that Nikki Haley was misrepresenting or misunderstanding a TikTok study.

He humorously suggested that she was "shot out of a cannon" during the debate, attributing her energetic performance to an endorsement from the powerful Koch brothers, playfully adding that she was all "hopped up on Koch" that night. 

What happened at the fourth GOP presidential debate? 

Nikki Haley faced criticism from opponents over her proposal to make social media platforms mandate name identification and ban anonymous posts.

During the debate, she said, “What I said was that social media companies need to show us their algorithms. I also said there are millions of bots on social media right now. They're foreign. They're Chinese. They're Iranian. I will always fight for freedom of speech for Americans. We do not need freedom of speech for Russians and Iranians and Hamas.”  



 

However, as per CNN, rivals Ron DeSantis and Vivek Ramaswamy promptly refuted her statements. Fact-checking reveals that Haley did initially suggest a broad ban on anonymous speech, later revising it to target foreign actors.

ABC News' highlight of the debate shows that she advocated for verified names on social media, citing national security concerns. After backlash, Haley amended her stance, suggesting only foreign-based actors should face anonymity bans, without specifying how social media companies would identify them.

GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

Bill Maher questioned the party's handling of the Israel-Gaza debate and highlighted Sen Jon Ossoff's role in the growing internal divide
1 hour ago
Donald Trump made the remark while recalling a conversation with Melania Trump about his signature 'YMCA' dance routine
1 hour ago
Canada sharply responded, stating that it would immediately respond with matching tariffs, as both sides blamed the other for the collapse in talks
2 hours ago
Trump called Tucker Carlson a 'low-IQ individual' who is 'totally irrelevant,' and suggested he needs a cognitive test if he runs for office
2 hours ago
Donald Trump defended Darline Graham over criticism of her national security remarks and urged South Carolina Republicans to support her campaign
2 hours ago
Trump said he did not direct Scott Bessent to intervene in the bond market and that the Treasury secretary acted on his own initiative
3 hours ago
Trump argued that a Democratic takeover would hurt jobs and businesses, and claimed they would seek to remove him from office without a clear reason
3 hours ago
Trump praised Scott Jennings and Margo Martin as interest grows in who will take over the high-profile White House communications role
5 hours ago
Alejandro Brito demanded a retraction from the Center for American Progress, while CEO Neera Tanden defended its findings
5 hours ago
The Supreme Court temporarily paused a judicial order that would have required the construction of Trump's White House ballroom to stop at midnight Friday.
6 hours ago