'Embarrassment': Internet trolls Donald Trump as he claims Iran’s attack on Israel 'would never have happened if I were President’

Iran launched an assault on Israel employing over 200 drones and missiles, with its affiliated groups executing coordinated strikes on Israeli targets
Former President Donald Trump declared on Saturday, April 13, that if he had been in the White House, Iran's strike on Israel would not have been possible (Getty Images)
Former President Donald Trump declared on Saturday, April 13, that if he had been in the White House, Iran's strike on Israel would not have been possible (Getty Images)

WASHINGTON, DC: Former President Donald Trump declared on Saturday, April 13, that if he had been in the White House, Iran's strike on Israel would not have been possible, according to the New York Post.

Trump posted on Truth Social, "ISRAEL IS UNDER ATTACK! This should never have been allowed to happen – This would NEVER have happened if I were President!"



 

Trump claims Iran’s attack on Israel would not have happened if he was President

Donald Trump's first post on Truth Social since the incident on Saturday night included announcements about his upcoming rally in Pennsylvania.

Additionally, Trump said that President Biden recorded an address on the Iran strike, but after reading his critical postings, his "handlers" chose not to release it.

Trump posted, "HE’LL NOW ATTEMPT TO DO IT LIVE, PROBABLY TOMORROW. HE DOESN’T WANT TO LEAVE HIS HOUSE, WITH THE CORVETTE, IN DELAWARE!!!"



 

Significantly, Iran launched an assault on Israel employing over 200 drones and missiles, with its allies and affiliated groups executing coordinated strikes on Israeli targets.

An Israeli military official stated, "The Iranian regime deployed a large swarm consisting of over 200 lethal drones, ballistic missiles, and cruise missiles."

(Getty Images)
Trump claimed that Iran’s attack on Israel would never have happened if he was the president (Getty Images)

President Joe Biden stated that "nearly all" of the drones and missiles fired at Israel by Iran were brought down with the assistance of the US military, and he also reiterated his "ironclad" support for Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

Biden declared his intention to convene a gathering of the G7, consisting of the world's seven wealthiest nations, to strategize a "coordinated diplomatic reaction" to what he described as Iran's "audacious" action, as per NDTV.

According to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, Israel has been bracing itself for an Iranian frontal strike for years and has sworn to react both offensively and defensively, the news outlet added.

However, several White House officials briefed local media that the United States will refrain from engaging in any offensive measures against Iran. These officials indicated that the statements were deliberated during a phone call earlier in the day between Biden and Netanyahu.

Internet trolls Donald Trump for his statement amid Iran’s attack on Israel

Many online commentators expressed criticism of former President Donald Trump for his Truth Social post, in which he suggested that if he were still in the White House, Iran's strike on Israel would not have been possible.

A user wrote on X, "Clearly your watch is broken!" while one added, "He's an utter moron and embarrassment."

A person also wrote, "It’s always about him."



 



 



 

A person also mentioned, "But that hypocrite never Blasted Israel for attacking the Iranian embassy Evil men hungry for power," whereas one stated, "He had his 4 years to fix the Israeli/Palestine situation."



 



 

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.

GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

Trump said he did not direct Scott Bessent to intervene in the bond market and that the Treasury secretary acted on his own initiative
49 minutes ago
Trump argued that a Democratic takeover would hurt jobs and businesses, and claimed they would seek to remove him from office without a clear reason
51 minutes ago
Trump praised Scott Jennings and Margo Martin as interest grows in who will take over the high-profile White House communications role
2 hours ago
Alejandro Brito demanded a retraction from the Center for American Progress, while CEO Neera Tanden defended its findings
3 hours ago
The Supreme Court temporarily paused a judicial order that would have required the construction of Trump's White House ballroom to stop at midnight Friday.
3 hours ago
Rosie O'Donnell repeatedly criticized Trump during her monologues, reviving a feud dating to her 2006-07 'The View' stint and his 2016 attacks
7 hours ago
Vance said earlier generations made his life possible, adding that Black, white, rich and poor Americans built the country together across generations
7 hours ago
Ken Paxton is facing a tight race against Democrat James Talarico, raising donor fears that Democrats could score a major win in the deep-red state
8 hours ago
National Cattlemen's Beef Association's CEO Colin Woodall warned that subsidized, below-market beef would not rebuild the US herd
9 hours ago
The Trump-aligned board voted in August 2026 to add inscriptions crediting him for renovations, prompting opponents to file emergency legal challenges
9 hours ago