'Paying weekly salary': Internet slams Biden admin as Pentagon announces $400M military aid package for Ukraine

Netizens slammed the federal administration after it announced a $400 million military aid package for Ukraine
The Pentagon, under the administration of Joe Biden, announced urgent $400 million aid to Ukraine on Friday, May 10, 2024 (Getty Images)
The Pentagon, under the administration of Joe Biden, announced urgent $400 million aid to Ukraine on Friday, May 10, 2024 (Getty Images)

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: The Pentagon announced a $400 million military aid package for Ukraine to provide offensive weapons and equipment on Friday, May 10.

According to the New York Post, this is the third batch of aid for the country since the $60 billion aid bill was passed by Congress in April. The surface-to-air missiles, artillery rounds, and other weapons and equipment provided are said to be much needed to hold off Russian advances in the northeast region of the country.

What does the foreign aid package include?

The newly announced package reportedly includes munitions for Patriot air defense systems and National Advanced Surface-to-Air Missile Systems, Stinger anti-aircraft missiles, High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS) and ammunition, howitzer artillery rounds, High-speed Anti-radiation missiles (HARMs), Bradley Infantry Fighting Vehicles, M113 Armored Personnel Carriers, and Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) vehicles, among other equipment.

These weapons constitute the 57th shipment of military equipment that has been provided to Ukraine from DoD inventories since August 2021.

They are being sent through the president’s drawdown authority, which pulls from existing Defense Department stockpiles.

Other equipment in the package includes coastal and riverine patrol boats, trailers, TOW and Javelin missiles, AT-4 anti-armor systems, precision aerial munitions, and demolitions munitions, ammunition for small arms, grenades, as well as chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear protective equipment and spare parts.



 

In a statement shared by Secretary of State Antony Blinken, the package has been described as “significant” and “urgently needed” in the face of Russia's renewed bid to capture the city of Kharkiv from Ukraine.

“As President Biden has made clear, the United States and the international coalition we have assembled will continue to stand with Ukraine in its defense of its freedom,” he added.

Internet slams US government for the new aid package for Ukraine

Netizens are not happy with the United States government for sending more aid to the European nation.

"They just sent them $60B last week. They paying Ukraine weekly salary," wrote a social media user.



 

"It’s all so exhausting," shared another.



 

"But OUR southern border is still unprotected," commented a third.



 

"Russia knows it doesn't have to outlast Ukraine.. it just has to outlast the reckless spending of this administration," jibed a fourth user.



 

"Might as well give them a blank check. In the memo: money laundering," chided a fifth.



 

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.

GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

Sen Jon Ossoff criticized Trump's relationship with longtime aide Natalie Harp, accusing him of choosing to 'travel with Natalie' over doing his job
58 minutes ago
Trump cited his 'very good relationship' with Kim Jong-un for opposing the drills and said South Korea declined his request to help denuclearize Iran
2 hours ago
Trump had previously threatened to 'blow up' Oman if it didn't 'behave', and days earlier said he could claim the Strait of Hormuz as US territory
2 hours ago
Trump confirmed direct contact with IRGC as negotiations stall, while demanding Tehran surrender and declining to set a timeline for a deal
2 hours ago
The justices have now closed off another route in Trump’s $5 million Carroll case, while a separate $83 million appeal remains ahead
2 hours ago
Donald Trump scaled back US-South Korea drills, saying he was 'not happy' with participation due to his 'very good relationship' with Kim Jong-un
11 hours ago
Ossoff praised the USS Abraham Lincoln crew’s service, saying they endure hardship but deserve competent leaders and clarity about the purpose of war
12 hours ago
Trump made the announcement Sunday, August 16, as the Ulchi Freedom Shield exercises were set to begin Monday
12 hours ago
Donald Trump renewed his dispute with Jeanine Pirro after her office blamed faulty construction for damage to the newly renovated landmark
13 hours ago
Greene also accused the administration of sidelining US intelligence assessments that found Iran was not actively pursuing a nuclear weapon
15 hours ago