Debbie Wasserman Schultz says Trump should blame his crime crackdown policies for DC attack
WASHINGTON, DC: Following a horrific shooting targeting National Guard members close to the White House in Washington, DC, Rep Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL) publicly accused Presdient Donald Trump of endangering the troops by deploying them throughout American cities.
Speaking on national television, Schultz claimed that the attack was directly caused by the federal government's choice to station military personnel as part of a crackdown on crime.
Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL) blames the National Guardsmen for getting gunned down and says they shouldn’t have been there helping to keep DC safe.
— Paul A. Szypula 🇺🇸 (@Bubblebathgirl) November 28, 2025
Disgraceful.
Schultz is justifying these attacks and trying to make US cites dangerous.
Jail her.pic.twitter.com/X5AAcaWrYb
Debbie Wasserman Schultz believes the military should not be in charge of criminal justice
On CNN, Debbie Wasserman Schultz inquired in a very direct manner, “Would an individual have flown across the country to target law enforcement officers in Washington, DC?”
She followed it up by saying, "The answer is likely no." According to her, it was the worst decision to use the troops for civilian policing, especially if it was done without close coordination with the local authorities.
She continued that the cities already have strong and capable law enforcement structures that should be in charge of criminal justice, not the military.
Schultz even went beyond that, claiming that the president “looks everywhere except inward to blame his own policies.” She insisted that the policy of deploying the National Guard to cities is endangering the service members, and therefore, she called for a review of vetting and deployment procedures.
"We certainly need to make sure we always have the proper and appropriate and tight, tight vetting processes, and those should be reviewed," she said, before noting that it was "pretty disgusting" that "it‘s never the president‘s fault or his policies when it comes to his reaction."
Biden’s 'dangerous' policies are to be blamed, says White House
Donald Trump said he initiated the crackdown after local law enforcement was incapable of dealing with the rising crime in some of the most high-profile cities in America.
He also mentioned that even DC Mayor Muriel Bowser, after a bit of hesitation, acknowledged earlier this year that the federal surge had made a visible difference, which included an 87% drop in carjackings.
The White House reacted very strongly to the allegation. A spokeswoman, Abigail Jackson, said, "This animal would’ve never been here if not for Joe Biden’s dangerous policies, which allowed countless unvetted criminals to invade our country and harm the American people."
"The Trump administration is taking every measure possible — in the face of unrelenting Democrat opposition — to get these monsters out of our country and clean up the mess made by the Biden administration. Instead of defending terrorists, the Democrats should join us in protecting the American people," she added.