GOP mocked as Trump's party screens Bad Bunny Super Bowl show despite boycott pledge

Press Sec Karoline Leavitt said President Trump preferred to watch Kid Rock's show, but video revealed that Bad Bunny's halftime aired at his party
President Donald Trump blasted Bad Bunny's Super Bowl LX halftime show as 'one of the worst ever', while social media mocked him for skipping Kid Rock's Turning Point USA event (Getty Images)
President Donald Trump blasted Bad Bunny's Super Bowl LX halftime show as 'one of the worst ever', while social media mocked him for skipping Kid Rock's Turning Point USA event (Getty Images)

PALM BEACH, FL: Video evidence emerged on Monday, February 9, suggesting that President Donald Trump's private Super Bowl watch party at his Florida golf club aired the official halftime show featuring Puerto Rican artist Bad Bunny.

The revelation sparked widespread ridicule on social media, as the administration had previously signaled a public boycott of the performance.

White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt told reporters last week that the president would “much prefer” to watch an “All American” alternative show starring Kid Rock.



However, footage from inside the event appeared to show the president, Senator Lindsey Graham, and other high-profile guests watching the official broadcast on the party's screens.

Hypocrisy allegations follow viral video



Bad Bunny, who had previously criticized Trump, had been the target of MAGA scorn since being announced as the Super Bowl LX headliner.

Journalist Jeff Benjamin mockingly noted on X that "not even Trump wanted to watch" the conservative alternative provided by Turning Point USA.

The official performance was displayed prominently throughout the venue, directly contradicting the White House's earlier messaging about the president's viewing preferences.

Trump rages against the Super Bowl halftime show



While the official show played on the screens at his party, President Trump took to social media to attack the performance in real-time. He described Bad Bunny’s halftime show as “absolutely terrible” and “one of the worst, ever!”

These comments mirrored the general conservative protest led by Turning Point USA, which had organized a rival broadcast featuring Trump ally Kid Rock.

Despite the president’s online rant, the decision to air the official show at his own private event led critics to question the sincerity of the administration’s cultural boycott.

Technical issues plague Kid Rock's performance

Kid Rock has said in the past that he knew it would be risky to publicly show support toward former President Donald Trump (Getty Images)
Kid Rock has said in the past that he knew it would be risky to publicly show support toward former President Donald Trump (Getty Images)

The “All American” alternative show starring Kid Rock faced significant hurdles. The performance was widely mocked for its content and was ultimately unable to be streamed on X, the platform owned by Elon Musk.

According to reports, “licensing restrictions” prevented the alternative show from being broadcast on the popular social media site.

These technical difficulties, combined with the news that the president’s own party opted for the official broadcast, left the Turning Point USA effort sidelined on Super Bowl Sunday.

GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

Two-time NASCAR Cup Series champion, Kyle Busch died at the age of 41 on May 21 after sudden illness
9 hours ago
Carly Kimmel was accused of complaining about Spencer Pratt-themed baked goods sold at Vicente Foods, a 78-year-old grocery store in Brentwood
13 hours ago
Judge Mary Kay Vyskocil dismissed Michael Wolff’s case after criticizing both sides over legal tactics in court disputes
14 hours ago
In another post, Trump unloaded on Stephen Colbert, calling him a 'total jerk' with 'no talent, no ratings, no life'
15 hours ago
Among those in the most serious condition are firefighters and first responders
16 hours ago
911 audio captured a call for an ambulance after Kyle Busch suffered a medical emergency in Concord on Wednesday evening, May 20
22 hours ago
FCC issues notice challenging 2002 exemption, threatens equal time for political candidates
23 hours ago
While Robert De Niro took aim at Donald Trump over the Epstein files, Bruce Springsteen criticized the president for not being able to 'take a joke'
1 day ago
A 17-year-old teen, with his 18-year-old accomplice, allegedly carried out a deadly attack at the Islamic Center on May 18, killing three people before claiming their lives while fleeing the scene
1 day ago
Omar questioned Trump’s priorities after he said Iran tensions could affect plans for his son’s wedding attendance
1 day ago