'He's gonna have a fit': Internet abuzz as Donald Trump's latest gag order hearing and pre-scheduled campaign rally fall on same day

Judge Juan Merchan scheduled a hearing to address Trump's violations of gag order next Wednesday which coincides with former POTUS's planned rallies
Judge Merchan has scheduled hearing to address Trump's newest violations of the gag order next Wednesday (Getty Images, Juan Merchan/LinkedIn)
Judge Merchan has scheduled hearing to address Trump's newest violations of the gag order next Wednesday (Getty Images, Juan Merchan/LinkedIn)

MANHATTAN, NEW YORK: The Manhattan District Attorney's office has recently filed new motions against former President Donald Trump for allegedly violating his gag order.

The new court filings are, in part, an attempt from the DA’s office to have the 77-year-old MAGA strongman be held in contempt of court, according to MeidasTouch.

What do latest filings by Manhattan DA's office entail?

The purported violations filed in the new motions include one that occurred after the former POTUS exited the courthouse on Tuesday and another in which he decried the jurors during an interview.

As a result, Judge Juan Merchan has scheduled a hearing for 2 pm next Wednesday, May 1, despite it being a non-business day for the court.


 
 
 
 
 
View this post on Instagram
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

A post shared by Team Trump (@teamtrump)


 

The decision was made to ensure that the trial remains uninterrupted and devoid of any unintended delays.

However, the 2024 presumptive GOP nominee appears to have two rallies scheduled for that very afternoon in Michigan and Wisconsin, which could pose a challenge for Trump.


 
 
 
 
 
View this post on Instagram
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

A post shared by Team Trump (@teamtrump)


 

Donald Trump has previously complained that the trial is impeding his ability to campaign for the upcoming general election, but he chose to spend his day off on Wednesday playing golf instead of campaigning.

Be that as it may, it is anticipated that Trump will not be pleased with the scheduling conflict and may vent his frustration during an upcoming Newsmax interview on Thursday.

Internet abuzz as Donald Trump's latest gag order hearing falls on same day as his pre-scheduled rally

One X user remarked, "Tough sh*t for defendant Trump. No campaigning next Wednesday."



 

Another user said, "All he needs to do is type CANCELLED EVENT on his platform "'cause I'm on trial for crimes of election fraud.""



 

Another user wrote, "He will whine about it and violate the gag order more. Typical."



 

One user claimed, "He's gonna have a fit. "There's no court on Wednesdays!! He's trying to keep me from campaigning!" He'll completely ignore the fact that Judge Merchan told everyone he reserved the right to call them in on Wednesdays."



 

Another X user quipped, "And Trump has to be present? Boy, that's inconvenient. Oh well, his running mate can cover for him at those rallies."



 

Finally, this user tweeted, "That's a Trump problem not the court's. Show him no special treatment!"



 

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.

GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

Lukas, a senior intelligence figure, is to maintain continuity during leadership change
46 minutes ago
In her letter, she thanks colleagues and cites personal and family reasons for stepping down
2 hours ago
The controversy centered on a series of old Reddit posts linked to the username 'P-Hustle', an account Dem Senate candidate Platner admitted owning
2 hours ago
DCCC spends $35K in intervention ad push ahead of critical primary runoff
2 hours ago
'We all would love to see an agreement with Iran in which the straits are open, and they abandon their nuclear ambitions', Marco Rubio said
3 hours ago
Trump erupts after Thom Tillis criticizes $1.776B ‘anti-weaponization fund’
4 hours ago
EU enacts emergency sanctions framework with asset freezes, travel bans on trade disruptors
4 hours ago
Secretary of State Marco Rubio urged allies to prepare backup plans for a long maritime crisis if diplomacy failed to end Iran's blockade
4 hours ago
Trump’s Poland troop announcement adds to confusion over US military posture in Europe
10 hours ago
Adding to ongoing speculation, Laura Loomer claimed Amaryllis Fox Kennedy was 'unhappy' with President Donald Trump’s handling of the Iran war
12 hours ago