Nick Sortor says ‘Somali thugs’ robbed him of $1K camera and 'dragged' him by car in Minneapolis

Nick Sortor said he was robbed in Minneapolis hours after Jake Lang claimed an anti-ICE attack, sharing video of the alleged incident
Nick Sortor said he was assaulted outside the Bishop Henry Whipple Federal Building during an anti-ICE protest, with Cam Higby sharing video of the attack (X/@nicksortor)
Nick Sortor said he was assaulted outside the Bishop Henry Whipple Federal Building during an anti-ICE protest, with Cam Higby sharing video of the attack (X/@nicksortor)

MINNEPOLIS, MINNESOTA: Conservative influencer Nick Sortor said he was robbed of his $1,000 camera in Minneapolis by what he described as “Somali thugs,” just hours after fellow right-wing activist Jake Lang claimed he was attacked and “stabbed” during an anti-ICE protest in the city.

Video of the alleged robbery surfaced online and was shared by content creator Cam Higby before being reposted by Sortor. The footage appears to show several individuals snatching an item from Sortor while he sat inside an idling car. The group then fled the scene.



As seen in the clip, Sortor jumps out of the vehicle and chases after them in an apparent attempt to retrieve his belongings, but the suspects manage to escape by car.

“A group of Somali thugs just ROBBED me of my $1,000 camera in the Cedar Riverside neighborhood of Minneapolis,” Sortor captioned the video on X. “They then DRAGGED ME DOWN THE STREET as my hand got trapped in their door handle. NOBODY bothered helping. DHS MUST RAID THIS PLACE!”

Nick Sortor claims repeated attacks at anti-ICE protest

The alleged robbery comes just days after Sortor said he was attacked by a mob outside the Bishop Henry Whipple Federal Building in Minneapolis during an anti-ICE protest.

Video from that earlier incident appears to show several men physically assaulting Sortor as he struggled to free himself from their grip. Some individuals involved in the confrontation appeared to have their faces covered.



Higby later shared another clip from the same protest showing Sortor being assaulted again, this time by a woman. In the footage, the woman is seen yelling at Sortor before striking and pushing him.

“During the attack, federal agents deployed a massive amount of tear gas and pepper balls,” Higby captioned the footage at the time.

Nick Sortor says FBI joined robbery probe

Following the alleged robbery, Sortor said that both he and Higby were detained by police after individuals he described as “leftist rioters” called 911 on them.

According to Sortor, those same individuals had previously attacked them. In a video posted on X, he claimed the footage showed the “moments leading up to Minneapolis anti-ICE rioters SURROUNDING my vehicle, smashing my windows, and attempting to kiII @CamHigby and me."



In a follow-up post on Sunday, Sortor said federal authorities had become involved in the investigation surrounding the alleged robbery. He shared a screengrab of the FBI’s three-word response to his post, “We’re on it.”

“BREAKING: The FBI is now involved in the investigation of the Somalis who robbed me of my $1,000 camera and dragged me down the sidewalk. LET’S GO!!! We will NOT surrender to these thugs! Thank you, @FBIDirectorKash and @FBI_Response!” Sortor wrote.

Jake Lang claims assault during anti-ICE rally

Sortor’s claims surfaced shortly after activist Jake Lang, who led a rally in support of federal immigration officers, was chased away from the city’s federal courthouse and targeted with water balloons during sub-freezing temperatures on Saturday, January 17.



Videos from the rally showed Lang being surrounded by anti-ICE protesters, who appeared to assault him as tensions escalated. Lang later claimed on social media that he was nearly “lynched” and “ripped limb from limb” during the confrontation.

"I just got stabbed by a crazie [sic] white commie leftist rioter today in Minnesota," Lang wrote on X. He added in a separate post, "I was just literally lynched by an anti-white mob of liberals & illegal immigrants- I’m at the hospital now getting staples in my skull..Nearly ripped limb from limb in Minneapolis!!!!"



Lang later said he had been taken to the hospital and accused city authorities of failing to protect him. He also urged President Donald Trump to deploy the National Guard and shared a fundraising link to help cover his medical expenses.



GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

Unlike some of Trump’s splashier renovation efforts, this one is being framed as a practical fix rather than another facelift
5 hours ago
Anthony Constantino said he hopes his pro-Trump song unites listeners worldwide, including in North and South Korea
5 hours ago
Vance’s fashion stunt came during his meeting with Irish Prime Minister Micheál Martin for a St. Patrick’s Day breakfast, where Trump stopped mid-sentence to comment on his footwear for the day
6 hours ago
The display was meant as a protest against Mamdani and the growing influence of progressive politics in NYC
6 hours ago
Sgt Rick Morton said authorities see no criminal activity in the Sandy Fire as more than 500 firefighters work to contain the blaze
8 hours ago
San Diego Police Chief hailed Amin Abdullah, saying ‘it’s fair to say his actions were heroic’
8 hours ago
Neighbors of one suspect said they had known the family for nearly two decades and recalled how he often helped with groceries
8 hours ago
Trump said his officials will look ‘very strongly’ at the mosque shooting
9 hours ago
The shooting came after the mother of one of the suspects contacted the police around 9:40 am to report that her son was missing, along with multiple weapons and her vehicle
9 hours ago
San Diego Police Chief Scott Wahl said the initial “runaway juvenile” report quickly escalated into a larger threat assessment after police learned the teen had taken three weapons
10 hours ago