‘Event of the year’: Internet weighs in as Fox News host Sean Hannity reports on Biden responding to Trump’s challenge to a debate ‘now’

In a recent interview, Donald Trump expressed his desire to debate Joe Biden 'now' and POTUS responded to this challenge
PUBLISHED FEB 7, 2024
Sean Hannity reports on Joe Biden's response after Donald Trump challenged him to a debate (Getty Images, X/@seanhannity)
Sean Hannity reports on Joe Biden's response after Donald Trump challenged him to a debate (Getty Images, X/@seanhannity)

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: In a recent interview with former Fox News host Dan Bongino, former President Donald Trump, the frontrunner for the 2024 GOP presidential nomination, expressed his desire to debate Joe Biden “now".

Following this news, Hannity took to X, formerly known as Twitter, to report on Trump’s challenge to Biden.

Apparently, many people on the Internet also expressed their thoughts on this news.

Sean Hannity reports on Donald Trump challenging Joe Biden for debate

Fox News anchor Sean Hannity took to X and wrote, “UP FOR DEBATE: Trump Challenges Joe to a Debate 'Now,' Biden Responds.”



 

Hannity’s tweet also featured an article from his official website which reported that Donald Trump has challenged Joe Biden to a debate “now” during a recent interview with former Fox News host Dan Bongino.

After this, Biden was asked for a response while he was campaigning in Nevada. Biden said, “Immediately? Well, if I were him, I’d want to debate me, too. He’s got nothing else to do.”

Biden's basement strategy seems to be fully operational, as the President of the United States has already opted out of appearing for an interview during the Super Bowl pre-show. Trump criticized Biden's approach on Truth Social.

He wrote, “Crooked Joe Biden has just announced that he will not be doing the big Super Bowl Interview. A great decision, he can’t put two sentences together. I WOULD BE HAPPY TO REPLACE HIM – would be ‘RATINGS GOLD!’”

While voters may indeed be interested in witnessing a debate between Trump and Biden, the likelihood of it happening remains uncertain.

The Republican National Committee's withdrawal from the Commission on Presidential Debates in 2022, coupled with Trump's own characterization of the organization as "corrupt," complicates the prospects for such a debate.

Trump said last year, “They’re totally corrupt. They’re totally Democrat-leaning, that’s being nice when I use the word leaning.”

“They are totally corrupt, and they’re terrible. With that being said, I would do 20 debates even if it was organized by them. I’ll do as many debates as they want. I’d do a debate every night with this guy. But he’ll never show up to a debate.”



 

Internet calls Biden-Trump debate 'event of the year'

Many X users weighed in on the Trump-Biden debate.

One person wrote, “President Trump will absolutely school Biden in a Debate!”

Another said, “I'd pay for this viewing. PPV event of the year!”



 



 

An X user simply slammed Biden, “They are going to hide Sleepy Joe in the basement."

Another wrote, “What a comedy hour this would be.”



 



 

One more person mocked Trump, “Too afraid to debate, now wants to debate,” and another added, “Why won’t he debate Hailey. He is a coward.”



 



 

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online. 

GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

Maryland Gov Wes Moore responded, noting the spill is 'basically contained' and urging the WH to approve federal funding for flood recovery instead
7 hours ago
JD Vance criticized Fox News polling and said Americans lost income under Joe Biden but gained during Donald Trump’s first year
7 hours ago
Rep Darren Soto accused FCC Chair Brendan Carr of 'reign on unlawful censorship,' and vowed House Energy Committee will investigate
7 hours ago
Don Bacon said President Donald Trump made a 'course correction' on ICE operations, citing polling and pushback
8 hours ago
Mamdani described the hike as a backup plan if state officials declined to raise taxes on wealthy residents or corporations to generate more revenue
8 hours ago
Vice President JD Vance touted wage gains, lower crime and border security, urging voters to back continued Republican leadership
9 hours ago
Amy Klobuchar launched her Minnesota governor bid after federal immigration enforcement protests and deaths of Renee Good and Alex Pretti
9 hours ago
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez stumbled on Taiwan policy, and Vice President JD Vance called the exchange 'embarrassing'
10 hours ago
JD Vance said recent talks with Iranian officials had gone well overall, but stressed that Iran had not yet agreed to all of Donald Trump’s red lines
10 hours ago
Vice President JD Vance said the administration will not back down and will be 'smart' in enforcing immigration laws despite city resistance
10 hours ago