Logan Paul offers biting reaction to Bad Bunny Super Bowl halftime appearance

Bad Bunny is set to make history at the halftime show, but controversy follows after his Grammys ICE remarks declaring, 'ICE out'
Ahead of Super Bowl LX, Logan Paul dismissed Bad Bunny’s halftime show with a blunt 'No,' sparking online buzz as anticipation surged (Getty Images)
Ahead of Super Bowl LX, Logan Paul dismissed Bad Bunny’s halftime show with a blunt 'No,' sparking online buzz as anticipation surged (Getty Images)


LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: With Super Bowl LX just around the corner and anticipation building for Bad Bunny’s highly awaited halftime show, one unexpected voice cut through the hype.

YouTube star-turned-podcast host Logan Paul raised eyebrows during a pre-game interview when asked if he was excited about the performance, and his blunt, one-word response quickly set the internet buzzing.

Logan Paul dismisses Bad Bunny halftime show

Logan Paul attends the 2026 Fanatics Super Bowl Party at Pier 48 on February 07, 2026 in San Francisco, California. (Aaron J. Thornton/WireImage)
Logan Paul attends the 2026 Fanatics Super Bowl Party at Pier 48 on February 07, 2026 in San Francisco, California (Aaron J Thornton/WireImage)

Ahead of Super Bowl LX, Paul was posed a straightforward question during an interview: "Are you excited for Bad Bunny's halftime show?" His answer was equally direct: "No."

While his response made it clear he isn’t sharing in the anticipation, many voices across sports and entertainment have expressed enthusiastic support for the artist.

Bad Bunny, born Benito Antonio Martínez Ocasio, has dominated pre–Super Bowl discussions not only for his music but also for the broader cultural significance of his selection.

He is set to break new ground as the first solo Latin artist and primarily Spanish-language performer to headline the halftime show.

At the same time, controversy has followed him after his outspoken criticism of ICE drew attention in the lead-up to the event. He reaffirmed that position at the Grammy Awards, declaring, "ICE out," and adding, "We're not savage, we're not animals, we're not aliens, we are humans, and we are Americans."

Jake Paul calls for Bad Bunny halftime boycott

Not only Logan Paul, but his brother Jake Paul has also made it clear he is not welcoming Bad Bunny’s halftime performance. Influencer and professional boxer Jake Paul took to X on Sunday, urging viewers to tune out during the Puerto Rican superstar’s Super Bowl halftime show.



“Purposefully turning off the halftime show,” Paul wrote. “Let’s rally together and show big corporations they can’t just do whatever they want without consequences (which equals viewership for them). You are their benefit. Realize you have power. Turn off this halftime. A fake American citizen performing who publicly hates America. I cannot support that.”

Jake has also previously used X to argue that critics of Immigration and Customs Enforcement should not rely on emergency services. “If you don’t like ICE then you can’t call 911 when you’re in trouble,” Paul wrote. “If you don’t respect law enforcement agents then you shouldn’t depend on them.”



Logan has voiced criticism of Bad Bunny in the past as well. Appearing on the 'Philip DeFranco Show' in 2022, he said, “I do find it hypocritical because Bad Bunny is a Puerto Rican, living in Puerto Rico, who is privately taking advantage of the same tax progra that he is publicly condemning.”

The remarks came after the release of Bad Bunny’s documentary 'El Apagón – Aquí Vive Gente', which explored issues of gentrification and the displacement of local Puerto Ricans tied to tax incentive programs attracting wealthy outsiders to the island.

GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

JD Vance served in the US Marine Corps from 2003 to 2007 as a combat correspondent with the 2nd Marine Aircraft Wing
1 hour ago
Preston Harp said Natalie Harp’s admiration for Donald Trump stems from their upbringing and the values their mother taught them
4 hours ago
Loomer’s strongest objection was directed at the suggestion that Harp and Trump are romantically involved
9 hours ago
The suspect was also reportedly refused service at a Dunkin’ while wearing the unusual mask
9 hours ago
English acknowledged that he had traveled to Washington with the intention of killing a government official
11 hours ago
Zimmerman rejected the suggestion that the blow happened merely as part of a struggle with security
12 hours ago
The store, described as a family-owned operation, was left dealing with the consequences after the crowd departed
14 hours ago
Disney has sued the FCC over early ABC license reviews, alleging retaliation by the Trump administration and warning that scrutiny is affecting political programming
14 hours ago
An 11-year-old boy criticized Donald Trump and referenced Jeffrey Epstein as he explained his anger toward the president in the widely shared footage
20 hours ago
'Hes with me every day even when I’m not thinking about him, he’s certainly part of my heart,' Jill Biden shared
21 hours ago