Pam Bondi praises Trump's 'courage' in taking 'bold, decisive action' on Iran strikes

Pam Bondi said President Donald Trump showed courage on Iran and vowed the FBI will monitor threats to Americans
Attorney General Pam Bondi praised President Donald Trump after US-Israeli strikes on Iran sparked UN action and Tehran retaliation (Getty Images)
Attorney General Pam Bondi praised President Donald Trump after US-Israeli strikes on Iran sparked UN action and Tehran retaliation (Getty Images)

WASHINGTON, DC: Attorney General Pam Bondi praised President Donald Trump for taking decisive action against Iran after the US and Israel launched joint strikes on Frida, February 28, targeting military and political establishments. 

The developments triggered an emergency session at the United Nations Security Council, as tensions escalated across the Middle East. In retaliation, Tehran launched its own attacks throughout the region, further intensifying the conflict.



Pam Bondi and Lindsey Graham back Trump’s ‘Epic Fury’ operation

Bondi strongly defended the president’s actions, stating, “Every president has talked about the threat posed by the Iranian regime."

She continued, "President Trump is the one with the courage to take bold, decisive action. The FBI and our other Department of Justice components are vigilantly monitoring any and all threats to Americans. God Bless and Protect our brave troops.”

Sen Lindsey Graham also supported Trump’s decision and praised his leadership. Graham referenced the president’s statement confirming the death of Iranian Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei and what steps would follow.

Smoke wafts in the distance after missiles were fired over Qatar on February 28, 2026 in Doha, Qatar. Iran launched a wave of missiles against Israel and U.S. military sites in the wider region after a joint U.S.-Israeli attack on multiple locations across Iran this morning. The U.S. maintains a significant military presence at Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar. (Photo by Yousef Massoud/Getty Images)
Smoke wafts in the distance after missiles were fired over Qatar on February 28, 2026 in Doha, Qatar (Yousef Massoud/Getty Images)

He said, “The most recent statement by President Donald Trump confirming the death of the ayatollah and what is next is spot on. As I have previously said, President Trump is moving into a league of his own as a Republican foreign policy president."

"With the historic success of this operation, called Epic Fury, he has, in my view, become the gold standard for foreign policy achievements as a Republican president. So proud of President Trump and his team,” Graham said.

Trump also stated that Khamenei died in a massive US strike and said operations would continue with "heavy bombing throughout the week." Iran, however, claimed its leaders are “safe and sound.”

In this photo released by an official website of the office of the Iranian supreme leader, Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei speaks in a meeting in Tehran, Iran, Tuesday, Feb. 17, 2026. (Office of the Iranian Supreme Leader via AP)
In this photo released by an official website of the office of the Iranian supreme leader, Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei speaks in a meeting in Tehran, Iran, Tuesday, Feb 17, 2026 (Office of the Iranian Supreme Leader via AP) 

IDF and Pete Hegseth uutline continued strikes against Iran

The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said that it had begun another wave of strikes against Iran. In a statement, the IDF said the new attack targeted Iran’s “ballistic missile array and the aerial defense systems.”

Shortly afterward, Iran’s semi-official news agency Tasnim News Agency reported explosions were heard in Tehran.

People watch as smoke rises on the skyline after an explosion in Tehran, Iran, Saturday, Feb. 28, 2026 (AP Photo)
People watch as smoke rises on the skyline after an explosion in Tehran, Iran, Saturday, Feb 28, 2026 (AP Photo)

Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth touted the US strikes in a social media post, describing them as “the consequences” of Iran refusing to make a deal with the United States. “The Iranian regime had their chance, yet refused to make a deal, and now they are suffering the consequences,” Hegseth said on X.

Hegseth, who was with Trump at Mar-a-Lago according to a US official, added that Iran’s missile production and its navy “will be destroyed.” He reiterated Trump’s long-standing position, stating, “Iran will never have a nuclear weapon.”

RELATED TOPICS US STRIKES IRAN

GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

Donald Trump lashed out after senators delayed a key immigration bill vote over a dispute tied to his $1.8B ‘lawfare’ victims fund amendment
5 hours ago
The Pentagon estimates that the Iran conflict has already cost the US between $25 billion and $50 billion in direct, unplanned military spending
6 hours ago
'We need Republicans to do well in November, but the stupid stuff is killing our chances!' Tillis said
6 hours ago
'His comments about Tulsi Gabbard are a new low,' Mike Huckabee pushed back on Schiff’s remarks
7 hours ago
Luna highlighted Gabbard’s accomplishments following her announced resignation as DNI
8 hours ago
Donald Trump mocked Kathy Hochul by impersonating her and claiming she frequently called him seeking federal assistance for various state issues
8 hours ago
Gabbard said she would step down effective June 30 to care for her husband, Abraham Williams, who has been diagnosed with a rare form of bone cancer
9 hours ago
Lawmakers extended prayers to Gabbard and her husband, Abraham, following his bone cancer diagnosis
9 hours ago
JD Vance took to X to express support for Tulsi Gabbard and her family after she announced her resignation as intelligence chief on Friday, May 22
9 hours ago
The planned deployment was scrapped after the Pentagon chief signed a memo ordering the Joint Chiefs of Staff to withdraw a brigade combat team from Europe
9 hours ago