Pentagon names remaining two troops killed in Kuwait attack after identification of four others

The final two US Army Reserve soldiers were killed in a drone strike on a command center in Port Shuaiba, Kuwait
The soldiers identified were Chief Warrant Officer 3 Robert Marzan, 54, from Sacramento and Maj Jeffrey O’Brien, 45, from Indianola, Iowa (US Army via AP, Chief Warrant Officer 3 Robert Marzan-photo US Army Reserve)
The soldiers identified were Chief Warrant Officer 3 Robert Marzan, 54, from Sacramento and Maj Jeffrey O’Brien, 45, from Indianola, Iowa (US Army via AP, Chief Warrant Officer 3 Robert Marzan-photo US Army Reserve)

WASHINGTON, DC: On Wednesday, March 4, the Pentagon released the names of the last two Army Reserve soldiers killed in the drone strike on a command center in Port Shuaiba, Kuwait.

That attack claimed the lives of six American service members in total.

The two soldiers named were Chief Warrant Officer 3 Robert Marzan, 54, from Sacramento, California, and Maj Jeffrey O’Brien, 45, from Indianola, Iowa.

Robert Marzan was at the scene when drone struck

The Pentagon says Marzan was at the scene when a drone strike hit the command center in Kuwait and is “believed to be the individual who perished at the scene,” according to the statement.



A medical examiner will confirm identification, the Pentagon says.

Four soldiers were previously identified by the Pentagon on Tuesday.



They died Sunday when a drone hit a command center in Port Shuaiba, Kuwait, just a day after the US and Israel launched their military campaign against Iran.

Iran responded by launching missiles and drones against Israel and several Gulf Arab states that host US armed forces.

A man looks at the ruins of a building after an Iranian missile strike on June 19, 2025 in Holon, Israel. Iran launched a retaliatory missile strike on Israel starting late on June 13, after a series of Israeli airstrikes earlier in the day targeted Iranian military and nuclear sites, as well as top military officials. (Photo by Amir Levy/Getty Images)
According to the Department of Defense, Marzan was at the scene when the drone struck the command center (Amir Levy/Getty Images)

Iowa rallies for Major O’Brien

O’Brien’s home of record was listed as Indianola, though public records also show ties to Waukee, both suburbs of Des Moines.

A person who answered the door at a Waukee residence declined immediate comment, saying the family planned to release a statement.

“Our hearts are broken by the deaths of Major Jeffrey O’Brien and Sergeant Declan Coady, two brave Iowa soldiers who gave the ultimate sacrifice to secure freedom and peace,” said Governor Kim Reynolds.



“On behalf of a grateful state, Kevin and I offer our prayers and condolences for their families, and we ask all Iowans to stand united in support of our fallen soldiers and those who loved them,” he said. 

The other soldiers identified Tuesday by the Pentagon were: Sgt Declan Coady, 20, of West Des Moines, Iowa; Sgt First Class Nicole Amor, 39, of White Bear Lake, Minnesota; Capt Cody Khork, 35, of Winter Haven, Florida; and Sgt First Class Noah Tietjens, 42, of Bellevue, Nebraska.

“Sadly, there will likely be more before it ends. That’s the way it is,” President Donald Trump said of the deaths.

Trump will attend the dignified transfers of the soldiers when they arrive in the US, the White House said

The ritual honors service members killed in action.

WASHINGTON, DC - MARCH 04: U.S. President Donald Trump speaks during a roundtable meeting on the administration's
President Donald Trump speaks during a roundtable meeting on the administration's 'ratepayer protection pledge' in the Indian Treaty Room at the White House on March 04, 2026 in Washington, DC (Win McNamee/Getty Images)

The attack occurred Sunday, one day after the United States and Israel launched a military campaign targeting Iran.

Tehran responded with a wave of missiles and drones aimed at Israel and Gulf Arab states that host US forces, including Kuwait.

GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

JD Vance served in the US Marine Corps from 2003 to 2007 as a combat correspondent with the 2nd Marine Aircraft Wing
4 hours ago
Preston Harp said Natalie Harp’s admiration for Donald Trump stems from their upbringing and the values their mother taught them
6 hours ago
Loomer’s strongest objection was directed at the suggestion that Harp and Trump are romantically involved
11 hours ago
The suspect was also reportedly refused service at a Dunkin’ while wearing the unusual mask
11 hours ago
English acknowledged that he had traveled to Washington with the intention of killing a government official
13 hours ago
Zimmerman rejected the suggestion that the blow happened merely as part of a struggle with security
14 hours ago
The store, described as a family-owned operation, was left dealing with the consequences after the crowd departed
16 hours ago
Disney has sued the FCC over early ABC license reviews, alleging retaliation by the Trump administration and warning that scrutiny is affecting political programming
16 hours ago
An 11-year-old boy criticized Donald Trump and referenced Jeffrey Epstein as he explained his anger toward the president in the widely shared footage
23 hours ago
'Hes with me every day even when I’m not thinking about him, he’s certainly part of my heart,' Jill Biden shared
23 hours ago