Prince Andrew told Epstein ‘we’re in this together’ in a 2011 email despite denying contact

Prince Andrew emailed Jeffrey Epstein in 2011 saying 'we are in this together,' contradicting his claim of ending contact in 2010, report said
PUBLISHED OCT 13, 2025
The leaked email contradicts Prince Andrew’s long-standing claim that he had ended all contact with Jeffrey Epstein by the end of 2010 (Getty Images)
The leaked email contradicts Prince Andrew’s long-standing claim that he had ended all contact with Jeffrey Epstein by the end of 2010 (Getty Images)

WASHINGTON, DC: Prince Andrew privately emailed Jeffrey Epstein in 2011, telling the convicted s*x offender, “we are in this together,” just a day after the infamous photograph of the Duke with teenager Virginia Giuffre was published.

The leaked email, obtained by The Mail and The Sun on Sunday, appears to contradict Andrew’s long-standing claim that he had ended all contact with Epstein by the end of 2010. 

On February 28, 2011, one day after the image showing the Duke of York with his arm around Giuffre, and Ghislaine Maxwell standing nearby, became public, Andrew wrote to Epstein: “I’m just as concerned for you! Don’t worry about me! It would seem we are in this together and will have to rise above it. Otherwise keep in close touch and we’ll play some more soon!!!!”

The Duke reportedly signed off the message with “A, HRH The Duke of York, KG.”

WOLFSBURG, GERMANY - JUNE 03:  Prince Andrew, Duke of York, is pictured during his visit to Volkswag
The revelation piles fresh pressure on the Duke and Buckingham Palace, which has so far declined to comment on the new disclosures (Getty Images)

Leaked email shows Prince Andrew stayed in touch with Epstein

In a 2019 BBC 'Newsnight' interview with Emily Maitlis, Andrew claimed he had cut off all communication with Epstein in December 2010, following their meeting in New York. He said he had met Epstein then only to end their friendship.

“I ceased contact with him after I was aware that he was under investigation… I wasn’t in touch with him again until 2010,” the Duke told the programme. “I had to show leadership and I had to go and see him and I had to tell him ‘that’s it’.”

However, the newly revealed email shows that Andrew was still corresponding with Epstein in early 2011, months after he said he had severed ties.

The revelation piles fresh pressure on the Duke and Buckingham Palace, which has so far declined to comment on the new disclosures.   

In this handout, the mug shot of Jeffrey Epstein, 2019. (Photo by Kypros/Getty Images)
Jeffrey Epstein was found dead in his Manhattan jail cell in August 2019 (Kypros/Getty Images)

Jeffery Epstein’s 2011 email tied to UK court filings

Epstein was found dead in his Manhattan jail cell in August 2019 while awaiting trial on s*x trafficking charges. His death was ruled a suicide.

The financier had previously served jail time in 2008 after pleading guilty to charges of solicitation of prostitution and solicitation of prostitution with a minor.

Part of the 2011 email from Prince Andrew resurfaced earlier this year in UK court filings connected to a Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) case. The message was initially described only as coming from a “royal family member.”  

 LONDON, ENGLAND - MARCH 07: Prince Andrew The Duke of York arrives at the Headquarters of CrossRail
Prince Andrew The Duke of York in an interview had claimed that he cut ties with Epstein back in 2010 (Getty Images)

Documents reveal Tony Blair met Epstein at Downing Street

In a separate development, according to a Guardian report, it emerged this weekend that Tony Blair met Epstein at 10 Downing Street while serving as prime minister, years before Epstein’s first conviction.

According to newly released National Archives documents, Epstein visited Blair on May 14, 2002, following a recommendation by Peter Mandelson, who had described Epstein as “safe” and “a friend.”

At the time, Mandelson was a backbench Labour MP, having resigned from government amid earlier controversies. He was dismissed last month from his post as US ambassador after new information surfaced about his ties to Epstein.

GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

Eileen Gu reacts after JD Vance questions US-born athletes competing abroad
56 minutes ago
Court filing says settlement fund could disburse $35 million upon approval of 40+ eligible claims
3 hours ago
Alysa Liu finished with a total score of 226.79, including a season-best 150.20 in the free skate and 76.59 in the short program
9 hours ago
Amber Glenn, Team USA’s first openly queer woman skater, opened up about emotional toll and online backlash after her 13th-place Olympic finish
10 hours ago
Congressional candidate Clay Fuller mentioned that his daughter, Tallulah, had received detention for missing school to attend the rally
10 hours ago
Nevada County authorities confirmed that eight people died, while a ninth person remained missing and was presumed dead
10 hours ago
Performance highlighted fatal Minneapolis shootings by federal agents and used dance to draw attention to the deaths of Good and Pretti
12 hours ago
Sonora authorities said that no formal collaboration request had been received, though they remained open to cooperating through established channels
20 hours ago
The Commission of Fine Arts approved the $400 million project in a 6–0 vote, with one recusal, advancing plans for a major East Wing expansion
21 hours ago
'There's so much more that needs to be done here. I'm hoping they conduct a full investigation and there's a conviction', Sky Roberts said
1 day ago