Trump’s Windsor dinner rocked by heated exchange between King’s chefs and Secret Service

Royal source reports clash between Secret Service and royal chefs during high-profile dinner at Windsor Castle
King Charles III delivers his speech as US President Donald Trump and Catherine, Princess of Wales listen during the State Banquet at Windsor Castle (Getty Images)
King Charles III delivers his speech as US President Donald Trump and Catherine, Princess of Wales listen during the State Banquet at Windsor Castle (Getty Images)

WINDSOR, ENGLAND:  As President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump dined in royal splendor at Windsor Castle, a furious clash erupted behind the scenes between the King’s chefs and US Secret Service agents.

While 160 VIP guests – including business leaders and diplomats – enjoyed a spectacular three-course meal in St George’s Hall, a royal source found the tensions in the royal kitchen were boiling over as American security staff repeatedly disrupted preparations, sparking a heated exchange with palace chefs.

U.S. President Donald Trump, (2nd R) First Lady Melania Trump, (R) King Charles III and Queen Camilla (L) arrive for the State Banquet hosted by King Charles III and members of the Royal Family at Windsor Castle during the state visit by the President of the United States of America on September 17, 2025 in Windsor, England. President Trump is in England from Sept. 16-18 on his second UK state visit, with the previous one taking place in 2019 during his first presidential term. (Photo by Aaron Chown-WPA Pool/Getty Images)
President Donald Trump, First Lady Melania Trump, King Charles III and Queen Camilla arrive for the State Banquet hosted by King Charles III and members of the Royal Family at Windsor Castle during the state visit by the President of the United States of America on September 17, 2025 in Windsor, England. (Aaron Chown-WPA Pool/Getty Images)                      

Secret Service agents enter royal kitchen to monitor food preparation, says source

According to a royal source cited by The Daily Mail, several Secret Service agents tasked with protecting President Trump entered the royal kitchens to monitor food preparation, even going so far as to taste the dishes. Their actions, intended as a security measure, were seen by some as highly disruptive.

While guests remained blissfully unaware, tensions quickly escalated behind the scenes. The once-calm atmosphere in the kitchen turned heated as frustration mounted between the palace chefs and the American security team.

Catherine, Princess of Wales, toasts US President Donald Trump after his speech during the State Banquet at Windsor Castle for the State visit by the President of the United States of America on September 17, 2025 in Windsor, England. President Trump is in England from Sept. 16-18 on his second UK state visit, with the previous one taking place in 2019 during his first presidential term. (Photo by Yui Mok - WPA Pool/Getty Images)
Catherine, Princess of Wales, toasts US President Donald Trump after his speech during the State Banquet at Windsor Castle for the State visit by the President of the United States of America on September 17, 2025 in Windsor, England (Yui Mok - WPA Pool/Getty Images)

“The banquet was a resounding success in the main hall,” the source noted, “but there was a disruption behind the scenes."

“Tensions flared between the chefs preparing the meal and the US security team responsible for protecting the president and his entourage,” they added. “The chefs, working to plate three courses flawlessly, grew frustrated as US Secret Service agents repeatedly checking and even sampling all the food.”

Tension rose to 'raised voices,' says royal source despite palace denial

The royal dinner was attended by high-profile leaders. (Photo by Andrew Caballero-Reynolds - Pool/Getty Images)
The royal dinner was attended by high-profile leaders (Andrew Caballero-Reynolds - Pool/Getty Images)

However, Palace officials dismissed the claims of behind-the-scenes tensions, stating they did not recognize the account of tempers flaring and described the allegations as “categorically untrue.” They added that their working relationship with US counterparts remained “extremely warm and supportive” throughout the event.

Despite the official denial, the royal source maintained that “what began as quiet irritation escalated into a heated exchange, with raised voices on both sides.”

The source noted that the situation didn’t resolve immediately, saying, “It took several minutes for tempers to cool and for the kitchen to return to its usual rhythm."

Although the confrontation was intense behind closed doors, the source confirmed that guests remained oblivious. “Guests in the hall remained completely unaware of the row, but in the kitchen, it was impossible to miss.”

Trump and royals share warm moments over exquisite state dinner

U.S. President Donald Trump, (C), looks up at Catherine, Princess of Wales as they take their seats for the State Banquet at Windsor Castle for the State visit by the President of the United States of America on September 17, 2025 in Windsor, England. President Trump is in England from Sept. 16-18 on his second UK state visit, with the previous one taking place in 2019 during his first presidential term. (Photo by Evan Vucci - Pool/Getty Images)
President Donald Trump, (C), looks up at Catherine, Princess of Wales as they take their seats for the State Banquet at Windsor Castle for the State visit by the President of the United States of America on September 17, 2025 in Windsor, England. (Evan Vucci - Pool/Getty Images)

Guests at the Windsor Castle state banquet were treated to a lavish three-course dinner, with the menu elegantly written in French. The meal began with a starter of Hampshire watercress panna cotta, served alongside Parmesan shortbread and quail egg salad. 

Staff presented each course at tables meticulously set with 1,452 pieces of silver cutlery and five wine glasses per guest.

For the main course, chefs served organic Norfolk chicken ballotine wrapped in courgettes, finished with a thyme and savoury-infused jus. Dessert featured a vanilla ice cream bombe with a Kentish raspberry sorbet interior, garnished with poached plums.

Britain's King Charles, U.S. President Donald Trump and Britain's Catherine, Princess of Wales take their seats during a State Banquet at Windsor Castle for the State visit by the President of the United States of America on September 17, 2025 in Windsor, England. President Trump is in England from Sept. 16-18 on his second UK state visit, with the previous one taking place in 2019 during his first presidential term. (Photo by Phil Noble - WPA Pool/Getty Images)
Britain's King Charles, President Donald Trump and Britain's Catherine, Princess of Wales take their seats during a State Banquet at Windsor Castle for the State visit by the President of the United States of America on September 17, 2025 in Windsor, England. (Phil Noble - WPA Pool/Getty Images)

An extensive wine list accompanied the meal. Guests sipped a 2016 English vintage sparkling wine from the Wiston Estate as an aperitif, followed by a dry white Domaine Bonneau de Martray with the starter. The main course came with two carefully selected wines: a white Corton-Charlemagne Grand Cru 2018 and a red Ridge Vineyards Montebello 2000. For champagne, servers poured Pol Roger Extra Cuvée de Reserve 1998.

The after-dinner drinks were just as thoughtfully curated.  At the 47-meter-long table, King Charles sat at the central ‘head’ seat customary for Windsor State banquets, positioned beside guest of honor Donald Trump. The Princess of Wales sat nearby, and Trump was seen complimenting her several times throughout the evening. 

Across the table, first lady Melania sat between Queen Camilla and the Prince of Wales. Television footage showed the Trumps and the royals enjoying warm interactions, unaware of the drama quietly unfolding behind the scenes in the royal kitchen.

GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

Barney Frank leaves a legacy of financial reform, progressive politics and LGBTQ equality
1 hour ago
David Axelrod explained that Donald Trump is popular with GOP voters but lacks wider appeal, creating a dilemma for Republicans in general elections
8 hours ago
Cynthia West shared a video congratulating Trump on a huge Kentucky victory, praising his America First agenda and calling America worth fighting for
9 hours ago
Hawaa said her father Amin Abdullah often skipped meals while guarding the mosque because he was focused on protecting children and worshippers
10 hours ago
Donike Gocaj died after falling into an uncovered Midtown Manhattan manhole near the Cartier store after exiting her Mercedes-Benz
11 hours ago
JD Vance accused Kaitlan Collins of misrepresenting both his previous comments and Donald Trump’s statement
11 hours ago
The data came from the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reporting Program, which gathered information from more than 17,000 law enforcement agencies
12 hours ago
Amin Abdullah, Mansour Kaziha and Nader Awad were identified as the three men killed in the attack
12 hours ago
Natalie Maines accused the Trump administration of misusing public funds amid rising gas prices, tensions with Iran, and IRS controversy
13 hours ago