Vem Miller accused of 'third assassination attempt' on Trump as he goes underground fearing for his life

Vem Miller said that he probably won't be attending future events of Donald Trump, even though he is committed to the campaign
Vem Miller, accused of trying to kill Donald Trump, has been forced to go into hiding (@vemmiller/Instagram, Getty Images)
Vem Miller, accused of trying to kill Donald Trump, has been forced to go into hiding (@vemmiller/Instagram, Getty Images)

RIVERSIDE COUNTY, CALIFORNIA: Vem Miller, the Nevada filmmaker and Republican activist arrested on weapons charges outside Donald Trump’s Coachella Valley, California, rally on October 12, has been forced to go into hiding.

Miller fears for his life after the local sheriff, Chad Bianco of Riverside County, accused him of trying to kill the former president. He has also filed a lawsuit against Bianco.

Why was Vem Miller arrested?

Vem Miller from Las Vegas was stopped by Riverside County deputies assigned to Donald Trump’s rally in the Coachella Valley in the outer perimeter in a black SUV on October 12, at 4.59, the Sheriff's office said in a press release. 

He was taken into custody after he was found having a shotgun, a loaded handgun, and a high-capacity magazine and was later booked.

Miller, 49 had reportedly passed through an initial security checkpoint by presenting false VIP and media credentials.

During a press conference on 14 October, Riverside County Sheriff Bianco said Miller's car was in "disarray" with fake license plates, passports, and fake IDs, prompting the investigation.  

“I probably did have deputies that prevented the third assassination attempt,” Bianco told reporters after the arrest according the Los Angeles Times. “I truly do believe that we prevented another assassination attempt,” he added.



 

Miller was released within hours on a $5,000 bond and became internationally recognized following the comments. 

Vem Miller fears for his life and files a lawsuit against Sheriff Chad Bianco

On Tuesday, October 15, Vem Miller filed a lawsuit against Chad Bianco's comments as his life has been put in danger and forcing him to hide in an "undisclosed location," New York Post reported. 

After his release, he told the outlet that he had gone out to buy fresh clothes, however, people looked at his picture on their mobile phones and stared at him.

He said the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department has also expressed concern about possible attempts on his life should he return to Vegas.

While he does not live there anymore, he said his parents, aged 83 and 77, were shaken by Las Vegas police's unannounced visit to their home on Sunday morning, October 13.

A court filing at the District Court for Nevada alleges Bianco “fabricate[d] allegations against Miller .. claiming to have thwarted a third assassination attempt," reported the publication. 



 

The complaint alleges that Bianco “knew that Miller was not charged with any wrongdoing concerning assassination attempts, and that United States Secret Service and FBI agents even declined to interview him."

"It became clear that Bianco, intentionally, maliciously and with a blatant disregard for the truth, wanted to create a narrative so as to be viewed as a ‘heroic’ Sheriff," the complaint stated further. 

Vem Miller alleges he was put in with hard criminals 

Vem Miller, who previously ran for a state assembly seat as a Republican, serves as a "Trump Captain" in the Trump Force 47 swing state program.

He, according to the report, is a die-hard Donald Trump supporter and has been working to get Trump back in the White House.

“It’s so easy to kill somebody or harm somebody you know, and that person might think he’s a hero in the moment, just due to ignorance of not knowing the facts,” Miller told the publication in a video chat interview.


 
 
 
 
 
View this post on Instagram
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

A post shared by Vem Miller (@vemmiller)


 

“So I’ve got to reassess everything going forward, and look at it with new lenses," Miller added.

He also revealed the impact he had by the way he was "characterized" saying he was "thrown into jail with like hardened criminals," leaving him wondering "what the hell I’m doing here."

Vem Miller seeks compensatory and general damages in a lawsuit

On the accusation of having forged a pass, Vem Miller said Nevada GOP had sent him a “special guest” pass. 

The lawsuit filed by Las Vegas attorney and Nevada GOP committeewoman Sigal Chattah seeks compensatory and general damages, besides “punitive damages to the fullest extent permitted by law,” along with interest.

Miller stated that he probably won't be attending future Trump events, even though he is committed to the campaign.

He expressed concern that someone might attempt to imitate Jack Ruby, the Texan who, in 1963, fatally shot Lee Harvey Oswald, the accused assassin of President John F Kennedy, purportedly as a "favor" to the late president's widow.

Miller earlier told the LA Times about Bianco, “Unfortunately, he appears to have committed career suicide.”


 
 
 
 
 
View this post on Instagram
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

A post shared by Vem Miller (@vemmiller)


 

To which Bianco responded given if everything he said is true, "then he probably wasn’t there to hurt former President Trump,” adding, “I definitely said it and can’t change that.”

GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

JD Vance said the administration had relied on alternative routes, pipelines and other infrastructure to keep oil moving despite the disruption
1 hour ago
The potential change comes as the Navy reviews its broader rules for naming ships
3 hours ago
Donald Trump defended his Iran strategy, touted his economic record and border policies, and praised Michael Cohen after their yearslong feud
4 hours ago
JD Vance blamed the Biden administration for leaving behind what he called a 'debt bomb'
4 hours ago
'I solved the problem in 30 days and solved it beautifully in 60, and at the end of 90 days, nobody comes in,' Trump said
5 hours ago
In one letter, Natalie Harp told Donald Trump, 'You are all that matters to me,' and said she never wanted to disappoint him
5 hours ago
JD Vance said the administration is at the same time also working to increase oil and gas supplies to ease pressure on American consumers at the pump
7 hours ago
Donald Trump and Michael Cohen revisited their fractured past during a radio interview, reflecting on years of conflict and Cohen’s decision to seek a pardon
7 hours ago
Jill Biden said doctors examined Joe Biden after the debate and told her, 'Jill, he's fine, he's okay'
12 hours ago
'She's not the White House press secretary. She's not a household name, and I just find it to be appalling', Scott Jennings said
13 hours ago