'You lie too much': Mike Johnson slammed as he shares efforts to secure House majority for GOP through upcoming election

Mike Johnson said, 'We've recruited strong conservative candidates who can help us turn this mess around, and they are running very strong'
PUBLISHED APR 7, 2024
Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) tweeted about backing strong conservative candidates for House GOP on April 2, 2024 (Getty Images)
Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) tweeted about backing strong conservative candidates for House GOP on April 2, 2024 (Getty Images)

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: Speaker Mike Johnson took to the social media platform X (formerly Twitter) on Tuesday, April 2, to share the Republican's efforts to retain their majority in the House by backing 'strong conservative candidates.'

However, netizens were not sold on Johnson's promise and slammed him over a divided House GOP in response to his tweet.

Speaker Mike Johnson's tweet

Johnson posted a clip from his interview on Fox News with host Sean Hannity, where the latter asks him, "Tell us about the efforts that you will be involved in to help elect Republican House members."

Pushing the website, growthemajority.com, the Speaker replies that he has been travelling extensively across the country in search of the right candidates to back for Congress.

"I'm traveling right now, I'm in Arizona tonight. I've been all around the country traveling non-stop, 23 states so far. We've recruited strong conservative candidates who can help us turn this mess around, and they are running very strong," he says.

"We're gonna win this election cycle, we're going to have a comfortable margin, even the pollsters are saying that now. But we gotta stick together and get this through the finish line. We'll finish strong for the people (and) keep fighting every single day."

Along with the video, Johnson wrote in his post, "House Republicans are the only firewall stopping Democrats from taking full control in Washington right now but we must grow our majority. That’s why we’ve traveled all across the country and recruited strong conservative candidates. Join us at http://growthemajority.com."



 

Internet reacts to Mike Johnson's tweet

"You will lose the majority. The Republicans have done a terrible job. The majority of Americans are fed up with MTG and others holding the Congress hostage," slammed a user in response to Johnson's post.



 

"You’ve been compromised, sir. You are serving your own interests and not the interest of the people. You’re not fooling anyone," wrote another.



 

"They were until you negotiated in bad faith and gave away yet more money. You had better come up with a good solid plan to get the Republican Congress to create a legit budget (no $$ to Ukraine, period), (close the border NOW) - per your PROMISE to us," stated a third.



 

"Do not trust you," commented a fourth.



 

"Cut the crap," jibed a fifth.



 

"You lie far too much," chided a sixth user.



 

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.

GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

Kaitlan Collins suggested the banner blurred the traditional boundary between the White House and the Justice Department
1 hour ago
Donald Trump's announcement immediately raised questions about why the aid was being sent and whether Greenland had requested any assistance
1 hour ago
JD Vance pushed back on Democratic opposition to voter ID measures, framing the issue as one of election integrity
2 hours ago
Trump thanked Hegseth for his leadership, telling governors that he had played a key role in motivating Americans to serve in the armed forces again
2 hours ago
Speaking at the National Governors Association Dinner, Trump revisited his long-running gripe about aerosol cans and the ozone layer
2 hours ago
Adam Schiff said he would attend an alternative event outside the Capitol, breaking with his long record of attending every State of the Union address
3 hours ago
Trump revisited his 2020 election fraud claims, calling the loss of a second term 'terrible' during the governors’ dinner remarks
3 hours ago
Donald Trump said the ballroom would be funded entirely through private donations from supporters and preservation groups
3 hours ago
Vance argued voter ID protects citizens’ rights and warned ineligible voting undermines election integrity; 50+ Republican senators support the bill
4 hours ago
Trump claimed early demand for the 2026 World Cup is unprecedented, signaling strong interest ahead of the tournament hosted across North America
4 hours ago