'You're next': Keith Obermann appears to threaten conservative analyst Scott Jennings in disturbing post

Keith Olbermann was earlier criticized for his reaction to Sinclair’s decision to air a remembrance for Charlie Kirk over Jimmy Kimmel’s show
PUBLISHED SEP 23, 2025
Keith Obermann (Left appeared to threaten conservative analyst Scott Jennings in a disturbing social media post (Getty Images)
Keith Obermann (Left appeared to threaten conservative analyst Scott Jennings in a disturbing social media post (Getty Images)

WASHINGTON, DC: Former MSNBC host Keith Olbermann appeared to threaten conservative CNN analyst Scott Jennings on Monday, September 22, in a now-deleted social media post.

Olbermann seemed to have been responding to an X post from Jennings, where the conservative analyst reacted to ABC reinstating late-night host Jimmy Kimmel, after he was suspended for his comments on conservative activist Charlie Kirk’s shooting.



 

Keith Olbermann tells Scott Jennings 'keep mugging to camera' 

Keith Olbermann wrote to Scott Jennings in a now-deleted post on X (formerly Twitter), "You’re next motherf**ker."

In another deleted post, he added, "But keep mugging to the camera."

Meanwhile, Jennings shared screenshots of the posts and tagged FBI Director Kash Patel.

Scott Jennings reacted to ABC reinstating late-night host Jimmy Kimmel and wrote in an X post, "So basically his employer suspended him for being an insensitive prick, and we don’t live in an authoritarian regime? Got it."



 

Last week, Olbermann was criticized for his reaction to ABC affiliate Sinclair’s decision to air a remembrance for Charlie Kirk over Jimmy Kimmel’s show, an announcement made before the late-night show host was suspended.

Kimmel’s show is set to return on Tuesday, September 23, where he will address the Charlie Kirk controversy in his opening remarks, but will not apologize, sources informed the New York Post.

LOS ANGELES, CA - JUNE 05: Jimmy Kimmel is seen on June 05, 2025 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by PG/Bauer-Griffin/GC Images)
Jimmy Kimmel is seen on June 5, 2025, in Los Angeles, California (Photo by PG/Bauer-Griffin/GC Images)

Meanwhile, Sinclair Broadcast Group demanded that Jimmy Kimmel apologize to Kirk’s family and pledge a donation to Turning Point USA, the activist group founded by Charlie Kirk.

Moreover, Sinclair said in a statement that it would be "preempting Jimmy Kimmel Live! across our ABC affiliate stations and replacing it with news programming. Discussions with ABC are ongoing as we evaluate the show’s potential return."

Sources claim Jimmy Kimmel personally negotiated his return to television

Jimmy Kimmel, who earns $15 million a year as ABC’s late-night host, negotiated his return to television with Walt Disney Co CEO Bob Iger and Disney Entertainment Co-Chair Dana Walden, sources told the New York Post.

Meanwhile, Sinclair Broadcast Group, which owns a large number of ABC affiliate stations, announced that it will not air 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' and will instead replace it with news programming.

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA - MARCH 13: Jimmy Kimmel speaks onstage during the 27th Annual Critics Choic
 Jimmy Kimmel speaks onstage during the 27th Annual Critics Choice Awards at Fairmont Century Plaza on March 13, 2022, in Los Angeles, California (Amy Sussman/Getty Images for Critics Choice Association)

"Beginning Tuesday night, Sinclair will be preempting Jimmy Kimmel Live! across our ABC affiliate stations and replacing it with news programming. Discussions with ABC are ongoing as we evaluate the show’s potential return," the company said in a statement.

Following Sinclair's decision, Turning Point USA responded on X, and praised Sinclair for blocking Jimmy Kimmel from airing on its 31 ABC affiliates.

"Good for @WeAreSinclair for blocking Kimmell from its 31 ABC affiliates. Reminder, Kimmell has yet to apologize for saying the assassin was MAGA, and he was reportedly going to double down. He's an unrepentant liar, and affiliates have every right to demand accountability," the group posted.



 

Interestingly, both Sinclair and Nexstar Media Group were instrumental in pressuring ABC to pull Kimmel from the air following his September 15 monologue about Kirk’s killing.

MORE STORIES

The site went offline after a news outlet disputed a false claim that one of its reporters asked questions at a recent press briefing
12 minutes ago
According to officials, the shooting at the Stockton birthday party left at least four people dead and 10 others injured
16 minutes ago
Stockton Vice Mayor Jason Lee had released a deeply emotional message addressing the tragedy, saying the community was heartbroken and shaken
39 minutes ago
In the video, multiple police cars and emergency vehicles can be seen at the site, while first responders work frantically to help victims
44 minutes ago
Donald Trump backed Robert O’Neill’s remark just days after an Afghan national opened fire on two National Guard members in Washington DC
52 minutes ago
According to reports, between 20 and 25 ICE agents were blocked inside the garage after protesters formed a human barricade at the entrance
1 hour ago
Donald Trump’s post teasing a 2028 third-term run isn’t the first time he hinted at it, despite the 22nd Amendment limiting presidents to two terms
2 hours ago
Before the West Virginia Mountaineers took on the No 5 Texas Tech Red Raiders in Morgantown, the crowd shared a moment of silence for the two soldiers
2 hours ago
Trump has announced a 'permanent pause' on immigration from 'Third World countries' in the wake of the attack on National Guard members in DC
2 hours ago
During his sit-down with Jan Jekielek, Kash Patel disclosed that his girlfriend Alexis Wilkins has received multiple threats against her life
2 hours ago