Bill Ackman donates $10K to ICE agent Jonathan Ross’ GoFundMe, says 'innocent until proven guilty'

Ackman also shared the fundraiser on X, amplifying its reach as it surpassed $160,000
Bill Ackman donated $10,000 to a GoFundMe for Jonathan Ross and shared it on X, calling the shooting a tragedy and urging unity (Taylor Hill/Getty Images, GoFundMe)
Bill Ackman donated $10,000 to a GoFundMe for Jonathan Ross and shared it on X, calling the shooting a tragedy and urging unity (Taylor Hill/Getty Images, GoFundMe)

WASHINGTON, DC: Hedge fund billionaire Bill Ackman has emerged as the top donor to the fundraiser for Jonathan Ross, the ICE agent who shot Renee Nicole Good.

Explaining his decision on X, Ackman stated, “I am big believer in our legal principal that one is innocent until proven guilty,” and added, “To that end, I supported the @gofundme for Jonathan Ross and intended to similarly support the gofundme for Renee Good’s family (her gofundme was closed by the time I attempted to provide support).”



Bill Ackman emerges as top donor for ICE agent Jonathan Ross

Bill Ackman, the founder of Pershing Square Capital Management, is the top donor to a GoFundMe for Jonathan Ross, contributing $10,000 on Sunday, January 11.

Ackman also shared the fundraiser on X, amplifying its reach as it surpassed $160,000.

In his post, he expressed his perspective on the tragedy, writing, “The whole situation is a tragedy. An officer doing his best to do his job, and a protester who likely did not intend to kill the officer but whose actions in a split second led to her death. Our country is stronger if we work together to resolve the complex issues that are tearing us apart.”

Bill Ackman donates $10k to 'GoFundMe' for Jonathan Ross, the ICE agent who killed Renee Good (Screenshot/GoFundMe)
Bill Ackman donates $10k to 'GoFundMe' for Jonathan Ross, the ICE agent who killed Renee Good (Screenshot/GoFundMe)

This is not the first time Ackman has made a large donation. He previously gave $99,999 to Ahmed Al-Ahmed, a Syrian refugee who disarmed a gunman during a Hanukkah celebration in Australia.

While presenting Al-Ahmed with a gold menorah at a New York gala, Ackman stated, "Jews are 0.2 per cent of the world. So seeing someone step forward on behalf of people he didn't know, to risk his own life, and the calculus of going after a guy with a gun, it's really one of the great acts of heroism."  A GoFundMe campaign for Jonathan Ross was created by Clyde Emmons of Mount Forest, Michigan (Screenshot/GoFundMe)

A GoFundMe campaign for Jonathan Ross was created by Clyde Emmons of Mount Forest, Michigan (Screenshot/GoFundMe)

Organizer labels shooting ‘1,000 percent justified’

The fundraiser for Ross was started by Clyde Emmons, who described Good as a "domestic t*rrorist" and claimed the shooting was "1,000 percent justified."



Emmons stated that "Funds will go to help pay for any legal services this officer needs," and said he is "currently in contact with his father and awaiting the officer's response so I can send him the link to hand this over to him personally."

Federal and Local narratives clash over Minneapolis Shooting

The shooting of 37-year-old Renee Nicole Good has caused a major divide between federal and local officials.

ICE claims that Ross acted in self-defense after Good tried to run him over with her SUV, a narrative supported by the Trump administration.

Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kristi Noem called the incident "an act of domestic terrorism" and stated, "An officer of ours acted quickly and defensively, shot to protect himself and the people around him."

Meanwhile, DHS Assistant Secretary Tricia McLaughlin also claimed Ross was "fearing for his own life, the lives of his fellow law enforcement, and the safety of the public."

However, local leaders, including Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey, have disputed this version of events.   

GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

Unlike some of Trump’s splashier renovation efforts, this one is being framed as a practical fix rather than another facelift
1 hour ago
Anthony Constantino said he hopes his pro-Trump song unites listeners worldwide, including in North and South Korea
2 hours ago
Vance’s fashion stunt came during his meeting with Irish Prime Minister Micheál Martin for a St. Patrick’s Day breakfast, where Trump stopped mid-sentence to comment on his footwear for the day
2 hours ago
The display was meant as a protest against Mamdani and the growing influence of progressive politics in NYC
3 hours ago
Sgt Rick Morton said authorities see no criminal activity in the Sandy Fire as more than 500 firefighters work to contain the blaze
4 hours ago
San Diego Police Chief hailed Amin Abdullah, saying ‘it’s fair to say his actions were heroic’
5 hours ago
Neighbors of one suspect said they had known the family for nearly two decades and recalled how he often helped with groceries
5 hours ago
Trump said his officials will look ‘very strongly’ at the mosque shooting
6 hours ago
The shooting came after the mother of one of the suspects contacted the police around 9:40 am to report that her son was missing, along with multiple weapons and her vehicle
6 hours ago
San Diego Police Chief Scott Wahl said the initial “runaway juvenile” report quickly escalated into a larger threat assessment after police learned the teen had taken three weapons
6 hours ago