DHS confirms arrest of Afghan national in Texas after posting video of himself making a bomb
Just one day before the Terrorist attack against our @NationalGuard, another Afghan national who was paroled into the United States under Biden’s Operation Allies Welcome was arrested for threatening to blow up a building in Fort Worth.
— Tricia McLaughlin (@TriciaOhio) November 29, 2025
Mohammad Dawood Alokozay posted a video… pic.twitter.com/kKg6A2iCLl
FORT WORTH, TEXAS: The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) confirmed that an Afghan man was arrested after he allegedly threatened to blow up a building. DHS Assistant Secretary Tricia McLaughlin shared the information on Saturday, November 29.
According to court documents, Mohammad Dawood Alokozay has been charged at the state level with making a terroristic threat. He was taken into custody by the Texas Department of Public Safety and the FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force.
His arrest came just one day after authorities detained Rahmanullah Lakanwal, the suspect accused of shooting two National Guard members in Washington, DC.
Officials say TikTok clip shows suspect claiming to build bomb for Fort Worth target
EXCLUSIVE: Video of Afghan National Mohammad Dawood Alokozay planning to mass murder Americans with a car bomb in Texas.
— Benny Johnson (@bennyjohnson) November 29, 2025
Watch his fellow Muslims cheer him on and offer support.
Dallas and Fort Worth were his targets.
Mohammad was imported into America by the Biden regime… pic.twitter.com/FP5VtxL8vo
Tricia McLaughlin said in a post on X (formerly Twitter) that Alokozay “posted a video of himself on TikTok indicating he was building a bomb with an intended target of the Fort Worth area.” She added, “He was arrested on Tuesday by the Texas Department of Public Safety and FBI JTTF and charged with making Terroristic Threats.”
There was no attorney information available for Alokozay at the time. McLaughlin also noted that Immigration and Customs Enforcement has placed a detainer on him. Records show that Alokozay was admitted to the United States as a lawful permanent resident on September 7, 2022.
According to DHS, he arrived through Operation Allies Welcome, the program that resettled Afghan nationals after the US military withdrawal from Afghanistan in the summer of 2021.
White House press secretary Karoline Leavitt reacted to the arrest on Saturday, posting on X, "The magnitude of the national security crisis Joe Biden unleashed on our country over the span of four years cannot be overstated. President Trump has directed his entire team to continue rooting out this evil within our borders."
The magnitude of the national security crisis Joe Biden unleashed on our country over the span of four years cannot be overstated. President Trump has directed his entire team to continue rooting out this evil within our borders. https://t.co/QdsTLFXauC
— Karoline Leavitt (@PressSec) November 29, 2025
Arrest of Mohammad Dawood Alokozay adds to concerns after DC shooting
Alokozay’s arrest came just one day before a separate shooting in Washington, where an Afghan national opened fire on two National Guard members. The gunman, 29-year-old Rahmanullah Lakanwal, fatally shot 20-year-old Sarah Beckstrom, while the second Guard member remains in critical condition.
Authorities said he had been living in Washington state. A Trump administration official noted that he applied for asylum in December of last year and was approved in April. Investigators reported that he had no known criminal history before the attack.
Following the DC shooting, Trump announced that his administration would “re-examine” all Afghan nationals who entered the United States during Joe Biden’s presidency. The country has paused issuing visas to anyone traveling with an Afghan passport.