Exiled crown prince Reza Pahlavi hails US-Israel strikes, says ‘we are very close to final victory’

Trump confirms ‘major combat operations’ in ‘Operation Epic Fury,’ warns of US casualties
Reza Pahlavi describes the operation as a ‘humanitarian intervention’ and calls on Iranians to ready themselves for decisive action (Getty Images)
Reza Pahlavi describes the operation as a ‘humanitarian intervention’ and calls on Iranians to ready themselves for decisive action (Getty Images)

WASHINGTON, DC: The exiled Iranian crown prince, Reza Pahlavi, praised recent US-Israeli military strikes on Iran, describing them as a turning point in efforts to topple the country’s ruling establishment.

In a video address shared on social media, Pahlavi said the campaign marked a decisive moment for what he characterized as Iran’s liberation.

He urged members of Iran’s military and security forces to distance themselves from the current leadership and align with the public. His remarks come as military operations continue and regional tensions intensify. 

Pahlavi calls strikes ‘humanitarian intervention,’ urges security forces to defect

Pahlavi, who has lived in the United States since the 1979 revolution, framed the strikes as support for the Iranian people rather than an attack on the nation itself. 

“Moments of destiny lie ahead of us. The aid that the President of the United States promised to the brave people of Iran has now arrived. This is a humanitarian intervention; and its target is the Islamic Republic, its repressive apparatus, and its machinery of slaughter, not the country and great nation of Iran,” Pahlavi said.



He added that the outcome would depend on internal action. “But, even with the arrival of this aid, the final victory will still be forged by our hands. It is we, the people of Iran, who will finish the job in this final battle." 

GENEVA, SWITZERLAND - FEBRUARY 17: People gather with Iranian flags and posters in support of Reza Pahlavi, son of Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, the deposed Shah of Iran outside the United Nations headquarters as delegations from the United States and Iran hold formal talks on Iran's nuclear program on February 17, 2026 in Geneva, Switzerland. This second-round of talks follow indirect talks in Oman earlier this month. (Photo by Sedat Suna/Getty Images)
People gather with Iranian flags and posters in support of Reza Pahlavi, son of Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, the deposed Shah of Iran, outside the United Nations headquarters as delegations from the United States and Iran hold formal talks on Iran's nuclear program on February 17, 2026, in Geneva, Switzerland (Photo by Sedat Suna/Getty Images)

Pahlavi said “the Islamic Republic is collapsing” and called on military, police, and security personnel to shift their allegiance.

“Your duty is to defend the people, not a regime that has taken our homeland hostage through repression and crime. Join the people and help bring about a stable and secure transition. Otherwise, you will go down with Khamenei’s sinking ship and his regime.”

Smoke rises on the skyline after an explosion in Tehran, Iran, Saturday, Feb. 28, 2026.(AP Photo)
Smoke rises on the skyline after an explosion in Tehran, Iran, Saturday, February 28, 2026 (AP Photo)

While encouraging public mobilization, he also urged caution. “I ask you to remain in your homes for now and preserve your safety and security. Stay vigilant and ready so that, at the appropriate time, which I will announce to you precisely, you can return to the streets for the final action,” he said. “We are very close to final victory. I want to be by your side as soon as possible so that together we can take back and rebuild Iran.”

Trump announces ‘major combat operations’ under Operation Epic Fury

President Trump, on Saturday, February 28, confirmed that the United States had launched “major combat operations” against Iran, acknowledging the potential risks involved.

In a video shared on Truth Social, Trump said, “The lives of courageous American heroes may be lost, and we may have casualties,” describing the escalation as a “noble mission” for the future of the world.



The Pentagon named the offensive “Operation Epic Fury,” marking the second time the administration has conducted strikes on Iranian territory since last year.

Unlike prior single-day attacks on nuclear facilities in June 2025, a US official said the current operation is expected to unfold over multiple days.

People watch as smoke rises on the skyline after an explosion in Tehran, Iran, Saturday, Feb. 28, 2026 (AP Photo)
People watch as smoke rises on the skyline after an explosion in Tehran, Iran, Saturday, February 28, 2026 (AP Photo)

The president stated that the action followed unsuccessful diplomatic efforts concerning Iran’s nuclear program, asserting that Washington “can’t take it anymore” after Tehran rejected opportunities to renounce its activities. While the administration said measures had been taken to reduce risks to US personnel, Trump maintained that the Iranian leadership actively “seeks to kill.”

RELATED TOPICS US STRIKES IRAN

GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

Parliament speaker Mohammad Ghalibaf said Iran rebuilt its forces during the ceasefire and warned any renewed US attack would face a harsher response
36 minutes ago
Trump triggers global backlash with provocative Middle East post amid attack fears
49 minutes ago
Tulsi Gabbard’s resignation reignited scrutiny over her clashes with Donald Trump on Iran policy
10 hours ago
The Prince of Wales praised his wife in an interview with ‘Heart Breakfast’ hosts Jamie Theakston and Amanda Holden
13 hours ago
President Trump reversed a disputed troop pullout, sending 5,000 soldiers to Warsaw after catching key US allies off guard
1 day ago
Iran’s embassies repeatedly mocked Donald Trump online, including joking 'we’ve lost the keys' during the Strait of Hormuz crisis
1 day ago
Rubio reportedly suggested that President Donald Trump has grown increasingly frustrated with allies unwilling to support American military actions in the Middle East
1 day ago
Assessments pointed to continued Chinese-linked supplies that could aid Iran's missile production and military rebuilding
1 day ago
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said the conflict cannot end unless Iran's uranium, missiles and proxy networks are dismantled
1 day ago
Chinese Foreign Ministry condemned any official US engagement with Taiwan, saying it violates longstanding sovereignty principles
2 days ago