Outrage as it's revealed FBI agents who raided Mar-a-Lago in 2022 had permission to use 'deadly force' while retrieving classified docs

An operations order is part of the evidence in Donald Trump's criminal case in Florida regarding the alleged mishandling of classified documents
The use of 'deadly force' was authorized by the DOJ when FBI agents conducted a search at Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate on August 8, 2022 seeking classified documents, according to newly released court filings (Getty Images)
The use of 'deadly force' was authorized by the DOJ when FBI agents conducted a search at Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate on August 8, 2022 seeking classified documents, according to newly released court filings (Getty Images)

PALM BEACH, FLORIDA: The Department of Justice had approved "the use of deadly force" for FBI agents who raided former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence in August 2022 in search of classified documents, as per court filings released on Tuesday, May 21.

An operations order turned into evidence in the 77-year-old MAGA figurehead's criminal case in Florida regarding the alleged mishandling of classified documents, per the New York Post.


 
 
 
 
 
View this post on Instagram
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

A post shared by President Donald J. Trump (@realdonaldtrump)


 

The order states that FBI agents in the August 8 raid were tasked with obtaining "classified information, [National Defense Information], and US Government records."

Per the filing from the former president's attorneys, the officials were also instructed to hide their "law enforcement equipment" and arrive equipped with "ammo," "handcuffs," and "medium and large sized bolt cutters."


 
 
 
 
 
View this post on Instagram
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

A post shared by President Donald J. Trump (@realdonaldtrump)


 

“The FBI followed standard protocol in this search as we do for all search warrants, which includes a standard policy statement limiting the use of deadly force,” the federal agency said in a statement. “No one ordered additional steps to be taken and there was no departure from the norm in this matter.”

DA 'didn't give a damn' about optics of raid on Trump's property

The nearly 10-hour "unconstitutional" search reportedly went into the Palm Beach estate's kitchen and gym area, as well as the bedroom suite of the couple's teenage son Barron Trump and former First Lady Melania Trump, according to Trump's attorneys Todd Blanche and Christopher Kise.

The FBI only uncovered classified documents in a basement storage room, the former president's office, and rooms next to the office.


 
 
 
 
 
View this post on Instagram
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

A post shared by President Donald J. Trump (@realdonaldtrump)


 

In a phone conversation in the days preceding the Mar-a-Lago raid, Deputy Assistant Attorney General George Toscas is reported to have said that he “frankly [didn’t] give a damn about the optics” of the recovery operation.

According to Attorney General Merrick Garland, he "personally approved the decision to seek a search warrant."

The court filing includes evidence of an earlier conversation between Trump's lawyer and a prosecutor working for Special Counsel Jack Smith concerning the classified documents’ retrieval.

Special Counsel Jack Smith delivers remarks on a recently unsealed indictment including four felony counts against former U.S. President Donald Trump at the Justice Department on August 1, 2023, in Washington, DC. (Alex Wong/Getty Images)
Tuesday's court filing included evidence of a conversation between Trump's attorney and a prosecutor working for Special Counsel Jack Smith regarding the classified documents’ retrieval prior to the FBI raid on Mar-a-Lago (Alex Wong/Getty Images)

However, during an appearance with the House Judiciary Committee last year, Steven D'Antuono, the assistant director-in-charge of the FBI's Washington Field Office, stated that he was concerned about carrying out the search warrant without getting approval from one of Trump's attorneys.

Following the FBI raid, Special Counsel Jack Smith proceeded to file an indictment against Donald Trump on 37 felony counts in June 2023.

The allegations included the former president's purported retention of over 100 classified documents at Mar-a-Lago, which he had concealed from both his attorney and the federal authorities seeking them.


 
 
 
 
 
View this post on Instagram
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

A post shared by President Donald J. Trump (@realdonaldtrump)


 

In a separate motion filed on Tuesday, Trump's attorneys requested the suppression of the aforementioned evidence as well as audio recordings made by Evan Corcoran, which supported the claims of prosecutors regarding obstruction of justice.

Jack Smith responded with court filings of his own as the prosecution prepared to face hearings before US District Judge Aileen Cannon in Fort Pierce, Florida, on Wednesday.

Judge Aileen Cannon is overseeing Donald Trump's classified documents case (Wikimedia Commons)
Judge Aileen Cannon is overseeing Donald Trump's classified documents case (Wikimedia Commons)

Earlier this month, Judge Cannon issued an order in which she declared that adhering to the May 20 deadline would “be imprudent and inconsistent with the Court's duty to fully and fairly consider the various pending pre-trial motions... and additional pretrial and trial preparations necessary to present this case to a jury."

This effectively put an indefinite hold on the classified documents trial surrounding the ex-POTUS.

Internet seethes at revelation FBI was prepared to use force

One X user remarked, "This is all getting more and more upside down every single minute we get closer to the election. What’s next???"



 

Another claimed, "That was staged for a reason. Nothing would have made them happier than if agents on either side would have gotten killed because it would have furthered the BS narrative they started with J6."



 

Someone else wrote, "Ah yes, the BidEN DOJ is now trying to justify a shooting conservatives over some documents. Imagine if Trump did this to Biden. They would label him a dictator."



 

One X user claimed, "Arrest Left Wing Lunatic, Merrick Garland for authorizing the setup raid on Mar-a-Lago."



 

Another tweeted, "Translation: The Mar-a-Lago raid was an assassination attempt on Trump."



 

Someone else claimed snarkily, "Nothing unusual happening here, just Joe Biden giving his FBI permission to use deadly force at Trump's residence. All perfectly normal."



 

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.

GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

Greene also accused the administration of sidelining US intelligence assessments that found Iran was not actively pursuing a nuclear weapon
1 hour ago
'The deep problem here is that this administration did not plan for this war, did not plan how to get out of this war', Ruben Gallego said
5 hours ago
Jared Kushner was joined by Nickolay Mladenov and Tony Blair, while Hamas leader Khalil al-Hayya attended with Egyptian, Qatari, and Turkish officials
6 hours ago
Kristen Welker asked Todd Blanche if he would follow Trump if asked to cross 'an ethical or legal line', but Blanche said the president never would
6 hours ago
The attorney general addressed concerns over his transition from Trump's personal lawyer to the Justice Department
7 hours ago
James Carville said Democrats should not just celebrate reclaiming seats but pressure Republicans on popular issues and seek broader voter support
9 hours ago
Beshear says the longtime senator still has a responsibility to assure Kentuckians he can carry out his role
9 hours ago
Bill Cassidy said more doses would force parents to take six leaves instead of two and insurers to cover six visits, exhausting premiums
10 hours ago
The attorney general defended the DC prosecutor while acknowledging the president’s frustration over her handling of the case
11 hours ago
Embassy post claims Trump left Leavitt on plane evacuated from Turkey to evade alleged threat in Ankara
11 hours ago