Heidi Montag’s ‘wake up’ post goes viral as husband Spencer Pratt’s LA mayor campaign gains momentum
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Heidi Montag made waves on social media with a post containing just two words.
“Wake up,” was the entire message from the former 'The Hills' star, but the post on X quickly racked up tens of thousands of likes, reposts, and replies as husband Spencer Pratt continues his long-shot Los Angeles mayoral campaign.
The stripped-down post was shared with Montag’s more than 1 million followers and had pulled in over 12,000 likes and hundreds of comments at the time of writing.
Spencer Pratt gains traction in LA mayor race
Once known primarily as reality television’s resident troublemaker, Pratt has leaned heavily into a social media-driven campaign style packed with anti-establishment messaging and viral clips.
Recent news coverage highlighted how online engagement has become central to Pratt's rise in the race against Democratic incumbent Karen Bass.
Speculation intensified after rumors began circulating in conservative circles that President Donald Trump could potentially endorse Pratt’s candidacy.
Pratt responded with a GIF of himself.
The former reality star officially announced his run for mayor of Los Angeles in January, and his unlikely campaign has continued gaining traction thanks to a series of viral campaign ads and a widely praised debate performance earlier this month.
Montag has also publicly backed her husband’s ambitions. In February, shortly after being eliminated from 'The Masked Singer' as the “Snow Cone,” she voiced full support for the campaign during an appearance on Fox’s LiveNow.
“It made sense to me, and I'm very supportive of that, and he is the best man for the job,” Montag said. “So I hope and I pray that he gets this opportunity. We'll see what God has planned.”
“It would be great for LA,” she added. “It would be for everyone involved. So we'll just have to see how everything plays out, but I'm hopeful.”
Spencer Pratt and Heidi Montag reflect on LA fire loss
Montag's latest post comes just days after her husband shared an emotional Mother’s Day tribute to her, centered on the devastating aftermath of the Los Angeles fires.
Pratt, whose family lost their Malibu home in last year’s fires, posted video footage on Sunday showing the wreckage and documenting their children’s first visit back to the property.
“Heidi and I have been through hell together,” Pratt said in the video. “No mom should ever have to go through what she's gone through.”
An emotional Montag also reflected on the difficult return to the property with the couple’s two sons, Gunner, 8, and Ryker, 3.
“This is the first time the kids have been here,” she said. “I think that they're trying to have a good attitude, but I did see Gunner almost crying up there, but they're so happy to be home too.”
Pratt continued praising his wife in the tribute. “I am constantly in awe of Heidi. She's the most incredible mom to our boys. She's why I fight," he said.
The video ended with the couple embracing on the land where their home once stood. Pratt captioned the post, “Mother's day is every day.”