'I already got sued for a billion dollars by Melania': Hunter Biden on FLOTUS's $1B legal threat

Hunter Biden said Melania Trump's attorneys sent a cease-and-desist letter threatening legal action over remarks he made in 2025
Hunter Biden publicly commented on Melania Trump's reported $1 billion legal threat during a recent podcast interview (Getty Images)
Hunter Biden publicly commented on Melania Trump's reported $1 billion legal threat during a recent podcast interview (Getty Images)

WASHINGTON, DC: Hunter Biden has publicly addressed First Lady Melania Trump's reported $1 billion legal threat for the first time, telling listeners during a recent interview that he had already been sued by the first lady. His remarks have renewed attention on a high-profile legal dispute involving the Trump and Biden families.

Speaking on the podcast 'Friends Keep Secrets,' Hunter remarked, "I already got sued for a billion dollars by Melania," while discussing his legal troubles. His comments came months after Melania's attorneys reportedly threatened legal action over remarks he made about the first lady.

Hunter Biden says Melania Trump threatened him with a $1 billion lawsuit

During the interview, Hunter referenced the legal dispute while discussing the numerous lawsuits and investigations he has faced over the years.

Hunter Biden, son of former US President Joe Biden, joined by his mother former First Lady Jill Biden (L), exits the J. Caleb Boggs Federal Building in Wilmington, Delaware, June 11, 2024, after he was found guilty.
Ryan Collerd/AFP via Getty Images
Hunter Biden exited the J. Caleb Boggs Federal Building in Wilmington, Delaware, after he was found guilty on June 11, 2024 (Ryan Collerd/AFP via Getty Images)

"I'm not an expert on the Epstein files - I have no idea because I already got sued for a billion dollars by Melania that didn't go anywhere," Hunter said.

The comment marked the first time Hunter had publicly acknowledged the reported dispute involving the first lady. He did not elaborate further on the case or discuss its current status during the interview.

The legal disagreement stemmed from remarks Hunter allegedly made involving Melania Trump, prompting her legal team to reportedly threaten a lawsuit seeking up to $1 billion in damages.

The reported legal threat attracted widespread attention because of the unusually large amount involved and the high-profile nature of both families.

Melania Trump, U.S. President-elect Donald Trump wife, arrives on New Year's Eve at his Mar-A-Lago Club on December 31, 2024 in Palm Beach, Florida. Trump continues to fill posts in his upcoming administration ahead of his January 20 inauguration. (Photo by Eva Marie Uzcategui/Getty Images)
Melania Trump arrived at Mar-a-Lago for a New Year's Eve celebration in Palm Beach, Florida, on December 31, 2024 (Eva Marie Uzcategui/Getty Images)

"A billion?" the host asked him, visibly stunned by the figure during the episode.

"Well, yeah, a billion," Hunter responded. "Like, by the way, I don't have two nickels to rub together, let alone a billion dollars," reported the Irish Star.

"You got sued for a billion dollars?" Lil Dicky questioned incredulously.

"Yeah, well, she sent me a cease and desist letter and said that they were going to sue for a billion dollars," Hunter explained.

Melania Trump's legal threat stemmed from Hunter Biden's remarks

Hunter's comments have renewed interest in the reported legal clash between the Biden and Trump families, which has unfolded alongside several other legal and political battles involving both camps.

Melania Trump, Prince Andrew, Gwendolyn Beck Jeffrey Epstein
Melania Trump maintained a limited public profile during President Donald Trump's second term while focusing on children's initiatives (Getty Images)

In 2025, during an interview with American journalist Andrew Callaghan, Hunter stated, "Epstein introduced Melania to Trump. The connections are, like, so wide and deep." This assertion was among those directly disputed by Melania.

According to the BBC, Melania's legal letter indicated that Hunter's claim was partially attributed to author Michael Wolff, who wrote a biography of President Donald Trump.

A letter from the first lady's attorneys, directed to a lawyer representing Hunter, demanded he retract the statement and issue an apology, or face "over $1bn in damages," according to the BBC.

The letter further alleged that Melania had endured "overwhelming financial and reputational harm" as a result of the claim.

Donald Trump, his wife Melania Trump, and the late financier Jeffrey Epstein and his longtime partner Ghislaine Maxwell (Getty Images)
Donald Trump and Melania Trump were pictured with Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell at a past event (Getty Images)

In April 2026, Melania issued a rare public statement, declaring: "Epstein did not introduce me to [President] Donald Trump."

No evidence exists suggesting Donald Trump and Melania Trump were introduced by Epstein. Melania stated in April, "I met my husband, by chance, at a New York City party in 1998. This initial encounter with my husband is documented in detail in my book, 'MELANIA.'"

Hunter's decision to publicly comment on the reported legal threat added another chapter to the long-running tensions between the Trump and Biden families. Although his remarks were brief, they once again drew attention to a dispute involving two of America's most recognizable political families.

GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

Marjorie Taylor Greene insisted that she had remained committed to the conservative and 'America First' principles she once shared with Donald Trump
1 hour ago
The remarks, reported from a recording shared with The Canadian Press, came as the countries were engaged in last-minute talks over threatened tariffs
1 hour ago
Nancy Mace questioned Darline Graham’s readiness for the Senate after her remarks on Taiwan, the South China Sea and relying on Trump on Iran
1 hour ago
Lisa Demuth says there’s a real disconnect between what Amy Klobuchar is saying now and how she stayed quiet when the 'Feeding Our Future' fraud broke
1 hour ago
Critics have condemned the measure, arguing that it could intimidate people 'trying to shine light on bad behavior'
2 hours ago
Hunter Biden conceded that Benjamin Netanyahu had sought Jared Kushner's involvement as Maher challenged his criticism of Trump's Middle East envoy
3 hours ago
Tom Homan cited deportations to 180 countries while responding to Florida Senate candidate Angie Nixon’s concerns over ICE enforcement
3 hours ago
Hunter Biden's comments come after his mother, Jill Biden, said that the family would support him if he ever decided to run for president
4 hours ago
Donald Trump made the claim while campaigning for Darline Graham in South Carolina, offering no details about hospitals allegedly carrying out the procedures
5 hours ago
Michael Wolff said Melania Trump had abandoned the traditional first lady role after making just 38 public appearances through July
10 hours ago