Internet wants 'mute button' for Trump as Seth Meyers wishes Obama could 'tap in' for Joe Biden in upcoming presidential debate

As the first of two presidential debates is scheduled for June 27, Seth Meyers proposed the idea of Obama making a surprise appearance in the debate
Seth Meyers humorously suggested former President Barack Obama could sub for Joe Biden in upcoming debates (Late Night with Seth Meyers/Getty)
Seth Meyers humorously suggested former President Barack Obama could sub for Joe Biden in upcoming debates (Late Night with Seth Meyers/Getty)

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Seth Meyers expressed his reluctance towards the upcoming debates between President Joe Biden and Donald Trump, suggesting in jest that it would be preferable if former President Barack Obama could substitute for his former Vice President.

Meyers, the host of 'Late Night', humorously proposed the idea of Obama making a surprise appearance in the debate, akin to the dramatic entrances seen in professional wrestling matches.

Donald Trump accepts Joe Biden's challenge

Biden had directly challenged Trump to debate, “Donald Trump lost two debates to me in 2020, and since then he hasn’t shown up for a debate. Now he is acting like he wants to debate me again. Well, make my day, pal. I’ll even do it twice.” 

Trump promptly accepted the challenge, with the first debate scheduled to be hosted by CNN on June 27.

(Late Night with Seth Meyers/Youtube)
Seth Meyers commented that he holds minimal expectations from the debate between Donald Trump and Joe Biden (Late Night with Seth Meyers/YouTube)

Seth Meyers mocks Donald Trump's confidence

Meyers, during his 'A Closer Look' segment, played clips from their previous debate and ridiculed Trump's self-perception during these exchanges.

Meyers remarked, "I’m not gonna sit here and pretend Joe Biden is in tip-top shape either. This is when you really wish there was a way Obama could tap in for Joe at the debate," and humorously added, "Maybe do it like one of those surprise wrestling appearances, where he walks in to loud music and pyro. And then Trump makes a shocked face like one of those Vince McMahon memes."

(Late Night with Seth Meyers/youtube)
Seth Meyers anticipates Joe Biden's triumph in the presidential debate against Donald Trump (Late Night with Seth Meyers/YouTube)

Meyers further commented that he holds minimal expectations from the debates, likening them to a less grandiose spectacle than the legendary Ali vs Frazier bout, instead comparing it to observing an elderly individual attempting to capture an alligator in a garbage can. Nevertheless, the late-night host anticipates Biden's triumph, attributing it to Biden's contrastingly composed demeanor, in stark contrast to Trump's perceived aggressive disposition.



 

Social media weighs in on Donald Trump's participation

As the anticipation builds for the upcoming debates between President Biden and Donald Trump, social media users have been actively sharing their thoughts and speculations.

One user wrote, "They are going to have to cut Trump's mic if there is a debate. He refuses to engage in even basic decorum."

Another said, "Rules of Debate: No audience. When one is answering, the mic is turned off for the other."

One user commented, "Daddy trump will bail on the debates at the last minute. He’s a coward."

One user replied, "It won’t be this debate that makes us aware how far the USA has gone down the drain politically. We, internationally, have known that since 2016."

One said, "During the debate, Trump should wear a shock collar, any time Biden is talking, and he interjects, Bzzt! maybe that will shut him up."

Another added, "They need a mute button and a fact checker for any debate involving Trump."

One said, "If Trump does Debate Biden it would be so funny if Trump fell asleep the same way he did in court."

Another added, "Biden keeps roasting Trump!!"

One added, "I so want to see him testify.. he has no decorum."

One said, "Diaper Don wants to debate so he doesn’t have to go to the courthouse."

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.

GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

Donald Trump scaled back US-South Korea drills, saying he was 'not happy' with participation due to his 'very good relationship' with Kim Jong-un
28 minutes ago
Ossoff praised the USS Abraham Lincoln crew’s service, saying they endure hardship but deserve competent leaders and clarity about the purpose of war
1 hour ago
Trump made the announcement Sunday, August 16, as the Ulchi Freedom Shield exercises were set to begin Monday
2 hours ago
Donald Trump renewed his dispute with Jeanine Pirro after her office blamed faulty construction for damage to the newly renovated landmark
2 hours ago
Greene also accused the administration of sidelining US intelligence assessments that found Iran was not actively pursuing a nuclear weapon
4 hours ago
'The deep problem here is that this administration did not plan for this war, did not plan how to get out of this war', Ruben Gallego said
9 hours ago
Jared Kushner was joined by Nickolay Mladenov and Tony Blair, while Hamas leader Khalil al-Hayya attended with Egyptian, Qatari, and Turkish officials
9 hours ago
Kristen Welker asked Todd Blanche if he would follow Trump if asked to cross 'an ethical or legal line', but Blanche said the president never would
10 hours ago
The attorney general addressed concerns over his transition from Trump's personal lawyer to the Justice Department
11 hours ago
James Carville said Democrats should not just celebrate reclaiming seats but pressure Republicans on popular issues and seek broader voter support
12 hours ago