Trump campaign criticizes Hillary Clinton for saying ex-POTUS plans to 'reenact' 1939 Nazi rally at MSG

This will be Donald Trump’s first rally at the iconic New York venue which has previously hosted both Democratic and Republican national conventions
Donald Trump's campaign slammed Hillary Clinton’s remarks as 'disgusting' (Getty Images)
Donald Trump's campaign slammed Hillary Clinton’s remarks as 'disgusting' (Getty Images)

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: Donald Trump's campaign condemned Hillary Clinton's criticism of Donald Trump, accusing him of planning a rally in Madison Square Garden resembling the infamous 1939 Nazi gathering at the same venue.

Speaking with CNN host Kaitlin Collins, Clinton claimed that Trump’s behavior aligns with fascism, a label she openly applied to the Republican frontrunner.

Hillary Clinton raises fascism concerns against Donald Trump

Addressing Donald Trump's upcoming Madison Square Garden rally, Hillary Clinton said, “Sadly, here in America, the term fits. One other thing that you’ll see next week, Kaitlin, is Trump actually reenacting the Madison Square Garden rally in 1939.”



 

The former Secretary of State further elaborated on the historical event, explaining how President Franklin Roosevelt was “appalled” by the American neo-Nazis who attended to pledge support for Germany’s government at the time.

“I don’t think we can ignore it,” she stated.

Trump campaign slams Hillary Clinton’s remarks as 'disgusting'

Trump campaign spokesperson Karoline Leavitt reacted strongly, condemning Hillary Clinton’s comparison of Donald Trump’s planned event to the 1939 rally as “disgusting” and “hypocritical.”

Leavitt highlighted that Clinton herself held a Madison Square Garden event as a senator, and her husband, former President Bill Clinton, accepted the Democratic nomination there.

“Hillary Clinton is so messed up from her raging eight-year-long case of anti-Trump derangement syndrome that she forgot SHE did an event at Madison Square Garden when she was a senator, and her husband Bill accepted the Democrat nomination there,” Leavitt said in a statement.

She added that Clinton’s rhetoric “demonizes half of the country."

Former Trump official condemns Hillary Clinton’s remarks as 'disturbing'

Former Trump administration official, Kaelan Dorr, also spoke out, denouncing Clinton’s comments as “deeply disturbing rhetoric” that insults both Trump and Holocaust survivors.

“This is deeply disturbing rhetoric that is not only irresponsible to use against someone who’s survived multiple assassination attempts … It demonizes half of the country,” Dorr wrote on social media platform X.

Calling Clinton’s words disrespectful to Holocaust survivors, Dorr dismissed her message by predicting, “Kamala will lose. Just like this nasty woman.”



 

Donald Trump’s rally is expected to draw massive turnout at Madison Square Garden

Despite the controversy, Donald Trump’s Madison Square Garden rally, scheduled for Sunday, October 27, nine days before Election Day is expected to attract a large turnout, according to New York Post.

This will be Trump’s first rally at the iconic New York venue, which has previously hosted both Democratic and Republican national conventions.

GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

JD Vance blamed the Biden administration for leaving behind what he called a 'debt bomb'
32 minutes ago
'I solved the problem in 30 days and solved it beautifully in 60, and at the end of 90 days, nobody comes in,' Trump said
48 minutes ago
In one letter, Natalie Harp told Donald Trump, 'You are all that matters to me,' and said she never wanted to disappoint him
58 minutes ago
JD Vance said the administration is at the same time also working to increase oil and gas supplies to ease pressure on American consumers at the pump
3 hours ago
Donald Trump and Michael Cohen revisited their fractured past during a radio interview, reflecting on years of conflict and Cohen’s decision to seek a pardon
3 hours ago
Jill Biden said doctors examined Joe Biden after the debate and told her, 'Jill, he's fine, he's okay'
8 hours ago
'She's not the White House press secretary. She's not a household name, and I just find it to be appalling', Scott Jennings said
9 hours ago
Asked whether the US would pressure China, Bessent said 'many conversations are best to have in private,' but called on Beijing to 'get with the program'
9 hours ago
On Wednesday, August 19, President Donald Trump announced a ‘most crushing economic operation’ and ‘economic warfare’ against Iran
10 hours ago
President Donald Trump had warned that the US would impose major economic penalties on any country providing 'any type of lifeline' to Tehran
12 hours ago