Video shows US F-15E jet tailspinning to ground in Kuwait amid Iran operation

Kuwait’s Ministry of Defense confirmed on Monday, March 2, that 'several' US fighter jets had gone down over the country
In a statement, US Central Command confirmed that three American F-15E Strike Eagle fighter jets crashed on Monday, March 2, in what was described as an 'apparent friendly fire' incident (@EdKrassen/X)
In a statement, US Central Command confirmed that three American F-15E Strike Eagle fighter jets crashed on Monday, March 2, in what was described as an 'apparent friendly fire' incident (@EdKrassen/X)

KUWAIT CITY, KUWAIT: Dramatic video circulating online shows a US fighter jet spiraling through the sky in flames before crashing to the ground.

Kuwait’s Ministry of Defense confirmed on Monday, March 2, that “several” US fighter jets had gone down over the country.

The incident unfolded as the US and Israel continued air strikes against Iran, escalating tensions across the region.

Video shows a US F-15E fighter jet crashing in Kuwait

Footage widely shared on social media captures what appears to be a twin-engine fighter jet falling in a fiery tailspin. A CNN analysis of the video suggested the aircraft was an F-15E Strike Eagle. 

In a statement, US Central Command (CENTCOM) later confirmed that three American F-15E Strike Eagle fighter jets crashed Monday morning in what was described as an “apparent friendly fire” incident.

According to CENTCOM, the US Air Force jets were mistakenly shot down by Kuwaiti air defenses. Military officials said the aircraft were engaged in active combat at the time, facing attacks from Iranian aircraft, ballistic missiles, and drones.

All six crew members aboard the three jets ejected safely and were reported to be in stable condition.

Kuwait’s Ministry of Defense said, “Relevant authorities immediately initiated search and rescue procedures, whereby the crews were evacuated and transferred to the hospital to check on their health status and provide the necessary medical care, noting that their condition is stable.” 

Incident comes amid US and Israel air strikes on Iran

The crashes took place as the US and Israel intensified air strikes against Iran. The campaign has been described as an effort to weaken Iran’s leadership.

President Donald Trump told Fox News on Sunday that 48 of Iran’s top leaders had been killed during the strikes.

President Trump announced today that the United States and Israel had launched strikes on Iran targeting political and military leaders, as well as Iran’s ballistic missile and nuclear programs. (Photo by Daniel Torok/White House via Getty Images)
President Trump announced today that the United States and Israel had launched strikes on Iran targeting political and military leaders, as well as Iran’s ballistic missile and nuclear programs (Daniel Torok/White House via Getty Images)

Meanwhile, CENTCOM also confirmed on Monday that six US service members have been killed in action amid the massive operation.

Two US officials had earlier told The Washington Post that the three previous fatalities were members of a sustainment unit in Kuwait.

Trump warned that more US casualties were likely as the conflict continues.

People watch as smoke rises on the skyline after an explosion in Tehran, Iran, Saturday, Feb. 28, 2026 (AP Photo)
People watch as smoke rises on the skyline after an explosion in Tehran, Iran, on Saturday, February 28, 2026 (AP Photo)

Iran’s state broadcaster reported that 555 people had been killed in the ongoing airstrikes carried out by the United States and Israel, citing figures from the Iranian Red Crescent Society.

The reported toll could not be independently verified.

Investigation underway as regional tensions remain high

While the loss of three fighter jets marks a serious development, officials emphasized that all six aircrew survived the crash.

The Kuwaiti Defense Ministry confirmed that search and rescue teams responded immediately and transported the crews to a hospital for medical checks. Their condition was described as stable.

An investigation is now underway to determine how the friendly fire incident occurred. Military officials have not released further operational details.

RELATED TOPICS US STRIKES IRAN

GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

Preston Harp said Natalie Harp’s admiration for Donald Trump stems from their upbringing and the values their mother taught them
2 hours ago
Loomer’s strongest objection was directed at the suggestion that Harp and Trump are romantically involved
6 hours ago
The suspect was also reportedly refused service at a Dunkin’ while wearing the unusual mask
7 hours ago
English acknowledged that he had traveled to Washington with the intention of killing a government official
9 hours ago
Zimmerman rejected the suggestion that the blow happened merely as part of a struggle with security
10 hours ago
The store, described as a family-owned operation, was left dealing with the consequences after the crowd departed
12 hours ago
Disney has sued the FCC over early ABC license reviews, alleging retaliation by the Trump administration and warning that scrutiny is affecting political programming
12 hours ago
An 11-year-old boy criticized Donald Trump and referenced Jeffrey Epstein as he explained his anger toward the president in the widely shared footage
18 hours ago
'Hes with me every day even when I’m not thinking about him, he’s certainly part of my heart,' Jill Biden shared
19 hours ago
Melania Trump’s diplomatic outreach has focused on children separated from loved ones during the Russia-Ukraine war, using back-channel communication
20 hours ago