White House shooting suspect Nasire Best reportedly threatened Trump in past social media post
WASHINGTON, DC: White House shooting suspect Nasire Best reportedly threatened President Donald Trump on social media, writing that if he had been the gunman at the July 2024 Butler, Pennsylvania rally, “it woulda been a totally different story.”
Secret Service agents shot and killed the 21-year-old on Saturday, May 23, after he opened fire outside a White House checkpoint.
EXCLUSIVE:
— Laura Loomer (@LauraLoomer) May 24, 2026
The shooter at the White House today, identified as a black male named Nasire Best made previous threats of assassinating President Trump on his Tik Tok.
This was posted on his Tik Tok on December 9, 2025.
He said if he was the Butler shooter, Trump would be dead.… pic.twitter.com/xKYLbpclRD
Suspect Nasire Best's social media posts surface after shooting
Following the shooting, details emerged about the suspect's past online activity.
Laura Loomer claimed on X (formerly Twitter), “The shooter at the White House today, identified as a black male named Nasire Best made previous threats of assassinating President Trump on his Tik Tok. This was posted on his Tik Tok on December 9, 2025.”
The post featured a photo of Trump from the Butler rally with a text overlay reading, “Man cuh aint have no aim if it was me behind the (gun emoji) it woulda been a totally different story.”
Loomer further wrote, “He said if he was the Butler shooter, Trump would be dead. Thank God the shooter has been killed. I’m sure his friends will say he Dindu Nuffin… they always do.”
CNN also reported that Best's social media included a post threatening violence against Trump and another where he wrote, “I’m actually the son of God.”
Suspect was already known to Secret Service
Court records show that Best had encounters with law enforcement at the White House complex last summer.
According to a court affidavit, he was “known to the Secret Service” for “walking around the White House complex inquiring how to gain access at various entry points.”
He was involuntarily committed on June 26, 2025, for “obstructing vehicle entry” to a section of the complex. Weeks later, on July 10, Best ignored warning signs and walked into a restricted area outside the White House. When officers confronted him, Best claimed he was Jesus and said “that he wanted to get arrested.”
Shooting marks latest gunfire incident near White House
The latest incident happened when Best approached a checkpoint at the intersection of 17th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue NW and started shooting at officers.
Agents shot and killed him, and a bystander was hit during the gunfire.
Trump was inside the White House at the time but was not impacted.
This shooting is part of a recent wave of gunfire incidents near the White House.
Nearly a month ago, another suspected gunman, Cole Tomas Allen, fired shots at the Washington Hilton while Trump was attending the White House Correspondents’ Dinner.
A little over a week later, Secret Service officers shot a man who fired at police near the Washington Monument.
That suspect, 45-year-old Michael Marx, of Midland, Texas, was charged in US District Court for the May 4 shooting.