Seventh US service member dies from injuries in Iran’s initial retaliatory attacks: CENTCOM

The Pentagon first released 4 names of troops killed in a Kuwait drone strike, later adding 2 more, confirming 6 service members among the fallen
Donald Trump honored six US troops killed in Kuwait as a seventh American service member dies from injuries in the Iran conflict during 'Operation Epic Fury' (AP Photo)
Donald Trump honored six US troops killed in Kuwait as a seventh American service member dies from injuries in the Iran conflict during 'Operation Epic Fury' (AP Photo)

WASHINGTON, DC: As the US-Israel conflict with Iran enters its 9th day, reports confirm another American casualty. A 7th US service member has died from injuries sustained in the fighting.

This latest death raises the total number of US service members killed in 'Operation Epic Fury'. Just days ago, the 6 previous fatalities were identified, including the youngest, 20-year-old Sergeant Declan Coady. The Pentagon has not yet released the name of the most recent fallen soldier.

On Saturday, March 7, Donald Trump attended a dignified transfer ceremony at Dover Air Force Base to honor the 6 US service members who were killed in a drone strike in Kuwait. The conflict with Iran began on February 28. The war in Iran has escalated to new levels of intensity, spreading across the Middle East. 

People watch as smoke rises on the skyline after an explosion in Tehran, Iran, Saturday, Feb. 28, 2026 (AP Photo)
People watch as smoke rises on the skyline after an explosion in Tehran, Iran, Saturday, Feb 28, 2026 (AP Photo)

7th service member dies amid Iran retaliation 

The US has confirmed the death of a service member who was injured during an attack in Saudi Arabia on March 1, part of Iran’s initial wave of retaliatory strikes, Central Command (CENTCOM) said. The exact circumstances of the injury, including where it occurred, have not been released.

Officials said the soldier passed away last night, according to NBC News. The identity of the service member will be made public after the next of kin are officially notified. It is also unclear whether the 7th casualty was serving with the 103rd Sustainment Command, based in Des Moines, Iowa, as that information has not been confirmed. 

Military identifies 6 Soldiers killed in Kuwait drone strike

President Donald Trump, first lady Melania Trump, Vice President JD Vance and second lady Usha Vance attend a casualty return for the soldiers who were killed in a drone strike at a command center in Kuwait after the U.S. and Israel launched its military campaign against Iran, Saturday, March 7, 2026, at Dover Air Force Base, Del. (AP Photo/Mark Schiefelbein)
President Donald Trump, first lady Melania Trump, Vice President JD Vance and Second Lady Usha Vance attend a casualty return for the soldiers who were killed in a drone strike (AP Photo/Mark Schiefelbein)

Previously, 6 US service members were reported killed in a drone strike in Kuwait, but initially only 4 names were released by the Pentagon. Later, 2 more names were added, completing the list of the fallen.

The War Department has now officially identified all 6: Major Jeffery O’Brien, 45, of Indianola, Iowa; Captain Cody Khork, 35, of Winter Haven, Florida; Sergeant First Class Nicole Amor, 39, of White Bear Lake, Minnesota; Sergeant First Class Noah Tietjens, 42, of Bellevue, Nebraska; Sergeant Declan Coady, 20, of West Des Moines, Iowa; and Chief Warrant Officer 3 Robert Marzan, 54, of Sacramento, California.

All 6 were serving in the Army Reserve with the 103rd Sustainment Command. They were carrying out operational duties in Port Shuaiba when the drone strike hit their position. Families of the fallen attended a dignified transfer ceremony, joined by military leaders and government officials, to honor their sacrifice.

RELATED TOPICS US STRIKES IRAN

GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

Trump has nominated Lance Schroyer, a former Oklahoma Highway Patrol major and DHS senior adviser, to permanently lead Immigration and Customs Enforcement
5 minutes ago
Harp joined Trump at the Washington event and was seen chatting with his son Eric
6 minutes ago
Byron Donalds linked recent measles outbreaks to illegal immigration after CBS host Margaret Brennan pressed him on vaccination policy
35 minutes ago
President signed an executive order on August 10, 2026 to split the combined measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccine into three separate doses
51 minutes ago
'The federal gov tend to want to lock us up, keep us from developing our resources and so he's pushing back against that', Former Sen Steve Frank said
1 hour ago
Former Vice President of the United States and Trump’s aide Mike Pence has a advice for the president to solve the longstanding Iran problem
1 hour ago
Disowning Jared Kushner’s role in White House, Mike Johnson said that Trump’s son-in-law has interest in a lot of things
2 hours ago
After Trump announced tariff, Ottawa responded with a resolution to impose retaliatory import taxes on American products, vowing 'dollar for dollar'
3 hours ago
Trump responds as US-Canada trade tensions escalate following failed negotiations
3 hours ago
'We've got to make sure we continue to get rid of toxic Trump cabinet secretaries', Hakeem Jeffries said
4 hours ago