Donald Trump accepts 'crooked' Joe Biden's face-off request, first of 2 presidential debates set in June

The second presidential debate between Donald Trump and Joe Biden is set to take place on September 10
Donald Trump and Joe Biden are set to face off each other in a highly awaited presidential debate (Getty Images)
Donald Trump and Joe Biden are set to face off each other in a highly awaited presidential debate (Getty Images)

WASHINGTON, DC: Donald Trump and Joe Biden have accepted an invitation to debate months before the November elections, with two summer debates scheduled in June and September.

The President and his GOP rival have agreed to face off a historic early debate on June 27 and September 10 as they have accepted the challenge following invitations from CNN and ABC respectively.

@euanapolli/Instagram)
Donald Trump accepted Joe Biden's debate challenge (Getty Images)

Joe Biden challenged Donald Trump to the presidential debate

On Wednesday, May 15, Biden took to X (formerly Twitter) to reveal he has accepted the invitation to debate as he wrote, “I’ve received and accepted an invitation from @CNN for a debate on June 27th."

Joe Biden (Getty Images)
Joe Biden challenged Donald Trump to the much anticipated presidential debate (Getty Images)

"Over to you, Donald. As you said: anywhere, any time, any place,” he added.



 

Responding to the challenge, Trump said, “The answer is yes, I will accept,” according to CNN’s Kaitlan Collins.

Both candidates have also agreed to the second debate on September 10.

Joe Biden is 'happy to debate' Donald Trump

During his conversation with radio host Howard Stern, Biden expressed his willingness for a face-off as he said, "I’m happy to debate him,” though he was initially non-committal on the format.

In a letter to the Commission on Presidential Debates, the President's campaign laid out its proposed debate dates and terms and also acknowledged that the first of the two debates would likely be held after the conclusion of the former president's hush money trial.

In a bold move, Biden released a video on Wednesday morning in which he directly challenged Trump.

“Donald Trump lost two debates to me in 2020. Since then he hasn’t shown up for a debate. Now he’s acting like he wants to debate me again,” said Biden.

“Well, make my day, pal, I’ll even do it twice. So let’s pick the dates, Donald – I hear you’re free on Wednesdays,” he said, referring to the former president's court schedule.



 

Donald Trump recommends more than two debates with Joe Biden

Accepting the debate schedule, Trump took to Truth Social on Wednesday and wrote, "I am Ready and Willing to Debate Crooked Joe at the two proposed times in June and September."

The 77-year-old politician added that he would “strongly recommend” more than the two debates in June and September proposed.



 

Netizens 'can't wait' for Donald Trump versus Joe Biden debate

Reacting to Trump and Biden accepting the debate invitation, one user on X wrote, "It doesn't matter how biased your host will be - this is gonna be a bloodbath."



 

"Well this will be worth watching with popcorn," a user tweeted while another user wrote, "This is going to be fun. I'm excited. Can't wait."



 



 

"I want a true debate! Not a Hollywood production. I want each given a question and they debate each other. Not rehearsed political talking points. I don't care about their shoes. If a fly lands on them or if their makeup makes them look orange. I want to hear the plan forward!" demanded a netizen.



 

"This debate will do major numbers I hope they discuss the elephants in the room so the public can get a clear understanding about the next 4 years and how they are going to make things better or is our trajectory heading for worse than what we are currently experiencing," a user opined.



 

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.

GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

'DNC has got to do a lot better if they're going to meet this moment in history', Cory Booker said, calling for reforms to keep Democrats competitive
55 minutes ago
Iran’s leader reportedly backs deal to ‘in principle’ dispose of enriched uranium
1 hour ago
'To call Paxton ethically challenged is like calling Jeffrey Dahmer someone with an eating disorder', Thom Tillis told Jake Tapper
1 hour ago
'Now we are talking about a posture where we may accept the nuclear material remaining in Iran? How does that make sense at all?' Thom Tillis asked
2 hours ago
Netanyahu signals pressure on Washington as US–Iran talks move forward
2 hours ago
Trump rejects JCPOA diplomacy, maintains naval pressure, demands strict Iran enrichment limits
3 hours ago
'The deal being floated with Iran seems straight out of the Wendy Sherman-Robert Malley-Ben Rhodes playbook', Pompeo wrote
3 hours ago
Rubio defends Trump’s Iran talks, rejects claims deal would boost nuclear ambitions
3 hours ago
'Do you know how many of my friends have Purple Hearts? Do you know how many of my friends got wounded? Yeah, a lot of them' Platner said
4 hours ago
Trump triggers backlash after posting graphic depicting political opponents in prison imagery
4 hours ago