Donald Trump rips Kamala Harris for seeking 'rematch', declares 'there will be no third debate'

Donald Trump said only losing 'prizefighters' call for another rematch, likening it to Kamala Harris' call for a second debate with him
Donald Trump refused to debate Kamala Harris for the next time (Getty Images)
Donald Trump refused to debate Kamala Harris for the next time (Getty Images)

WASHINGTON, DC: Former president Donald Trump announced on Thursday, September 12 that there would be "NO THIRD DEBATE" with Vice President Kamala Harris.

This reportedly comes shortly after an internal campaign poll showed that Harris gained no significant boost from their recent verbal exchange on ABC News.

Donald Trump says Kamala Harris' rematch plea reflects she lost presidential debate

Donald Trump used his Truth Social platform to make the declaration, likening Kamala Harris to a loser prizefighter, asserting that he had already won and there was no need for another rematch.

His refusal for a third debate comes as initial polls from major outlets suggest that more voters believed Harris performed better than Trump.

In the Truth Social post, Trump, 78, took a jab at Harris, saying, "When a prizefighter loses a fight, the first words out of his mouth are 'I WANT A REMATCH.'"



 

Donald Trump on why there will be no 'third debate' with Kamala Harris

Donald Trump claimed numbers are in his favor, suggesting he outperformed Kamala Harris.

"Polls clearly show that I won the Debate against Comrade Kamala Harris, the Democrats' Radical Left Candidate, on Tuesday night, and she immediately called for a Second Debate," he added.

WASHINGTON, DC - JUNE 22: Former U.S. President Donald Trump walks off stage after speaking at the Faith & Freedom Coalition's Road to Majority Policy Conference at the Washington Hilton on June 22, 2024 in Washington, DC. The conservative Christian group is hosting a series of congressional members and political candidates to speak on the upcoming 2024 elections. (Photo by Samuel Corum/Getty Images)
Donald Trump claimed numbers are in his favor, suggesting he outperformed Kamala Harris (Getty Images)

Despite Trump's claims, polls from Reuters, YouGov, and CNN showed that voters felt Harris outperformed him as noted by CBS News.

Trump, however, remained firm in his stance, referencing the ABC debate as their second matchup and pointing to previous instances where Harris supposedly avoided debates which included a "no-show" for a pre-planned debate on Fox News and refused to do so on "NBC & CBS"

"THERE WILL BE NO THIRD DEBATE!" Trump declared, drawing attention to Harris’ performance during the second debate after initially debating Joe Biden on June 27.

'Good call': Internet lauds Donald Trump's refusal for another debate with Kamala Harris

Donald Trump's refusal to debate has many excited with users on the internet calling it a "good call." However, some said he was afraid after taking a "horrible beating" from Kamala Harris.

"It's a good call by Trump. Kamala was probably unwilling to do another debate that was not rigged in her favor," wrote one on X.

Another one wrote, "The only reason you request a second debate is, if you still have something to prove or you feel like you lost the first one."

However one asked, "This could lose him the election………. WHY?!?"

"He doesn't need another debate to win this election," wrote one more.

"Trump took such a horrible beating he’s afraid to do it again. BTW, nice job ignoring the new Reuters and Morning Consult polls showing a Kamala landslide," one noted. 



 



 



 



 



 

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.

GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

Trump acknowledged that no peace talks are underway with Tehran as the 60-day deadline for reaching a permanent ceasefire expired
4 hours ago
A Democratic senator’s jab at Trump’s close aide sparked a fierce White House response as fresh scrutiny surrounds Harp’s unusually prominent role
4 hours ago
Last month, Rubio escalated the administration’s fight against the ICC, calling it a State Department-led campaign to dismantle the court
5 hours ago
Sean Spicer says Trump’s next press secretary will likely need his trust, understand his communication style and already have a close relationship with him
5 hours ago
Judge Brian E Murphy rejected a bid to delay ending TPS for about 5,000 Ethiopians as their legal challenge continues
6 hours ago
A planned discussion on violent crime in Washington was abruptly pulled, adding fresh uncertainty around Trump ally Jeanine Pirro’s standing in DC
6 hours ago
Trump had criticized Pirro after her office dropped charges against former Olympian David Hearn, but she quickly appealed a judge’s decision to release Melissa Farris
7 hours ago
Trump has labeled the Strait of Hormuz 'new US territory,' escalating his fight with Iran over a waterway vital to global oil supplies
8 hours ago
Trump casts a mail-in ballot in Florida’s Republican primary while his administration pushes to restrict mail voting nationwide
10 hours ago
'The BBC is simply trying to distract away from their own obvious liability,' a spokesman for Trump's legal team said
18 hours ago