Ex-Navy SEAL Robert Harward says 'deterrence is back' as Iran now fears US strength under Trump

Robert Harward pointed to recent actions as proof of US strength, saying Iran now recognizes Washington’s capability to use force if necessary
Admiral Robert Harward noted that Iran previously neither trusted, respected, nor feared the US, but believes current leadership under President Donald Trump has altered that dynamic (@IngrahamAngle/X, AP Photo/Alex Brandon)
Admiral Robert Harward noted that Iran previously neither trusted, respected, nor feared the US, but believes current leadership under President Donald Trump has altered that dynamic (@IngrahamAngle/X, AP Photo/Alex Brandon)


WASHINGTON, DC: Admiral Robert Harward made it clear that Iran’s attitude toward the United States appears to have shifted. He said that while Iran previously “didn’t fear” the United States, that no longer seems to be the case. According to him, deterrence is now “back on the table.”

Speaking during an interview, he remarked, “The Iranians know he was going to take them to the Stone Ages... now we watch what they do.” Harward added that, unlike many others, the president has been unusually open and outspoken. He said President Donald Trump often shares what he is thinking, but may later change his position.

President Donald Trump speaks with reporters in the James Brady Press Briefing Room at the White House, Monday, April 6, 2026, in Washington. (AP Photo/Mark Schiefelbein)
President Donald Trump speaks with reporters in the James Brady Press Briefing Room at the White House, Monday, April 6, 2026, in Washington (AP Photo/Mark Schiefelbein)

Robert Harward highlights renewed pressure on Iran as US influence grows 

During an interview with Fox News, Robert Harward was asked about recent comments from Iranian state media and President Trump’s approach toward Iran. He suggested that the situation reflects a major shift in how the region views the United States.

Harward explained that Iran’s attitude has changed over time. He said, “They did not trust the United States anymore.” He added that they “did not respect the United States” and “did not fear the United States.”

According to him, this situation has now shifted. He stated that current leadership has “corrected that” and changed the overall dynamic. This, he believes, has helped restore influence and pressure in the region. 

He also pointed to broader outcomes. “If that is accomplished and things start flowing, that is a huge victory,” he said. This shows that he sees both political and strategic results as important indicators of success.

Plumes of smoke rise as strikes hit the city during the US.–Israeli military campaign in Tehran, Iran, Thursday, March 5, 2026. (AP Photo/Vahid Salemi)
Plumes of smoke rise as strikes hit the city during the US–Israeli military campaign in Tehran, Iran, Thursday, March 5, 2026 (AP Photo/Vahid Salemi)

Harward further emphasized the role of military strength in shaping outcomes. He said, “Deterrence is back on the table,” highlighting that actions and capabilities now send a stronger message. He also suggested that Iran understands the level of force the United States can apply if needed.

He added, “The Iranians know he was going to take them to the Stone Ages,” a statement meant to underline how seriously the situation is being taken. He said this awareness plays a key role in current decision-making. Finally, Harward pointed to recent military actions as evidence of capability. He said, “We can do anything and everything we want to do."

US-Iran ceasefire on both ways  

New updates are emerging as Trump outlines a temporary ceasefire with Iran, tied to conditions on the Strait of Hormuz, while discussions continue and Israel shows partial agreement.

Trump announced on Tuesday, April 7, that he has agreed to a two-week ceasefire with Iran, on the condition that Iran allows a “COMPLETE, IMMEDIATE, and SAFE OPENING” of the Strait of Hormuz, with ongoing negotiations by Pakistan. 



On Truth Social, Trump said that Iran has submitted a 10-point peace proposal and described it as a “workable basis on which to negotiate.” “Yes, Israel has agreed” to the broad outline of the ceasefire, a White House official told CBS News.

The White House has not yet specified which parts of Iran’s 10-point proposal have received Israel’s approval, leaving key details of the agreement still uncertain.

RELATED TOPICS US STRIKES IRAN

GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

Administration flags foreign embassy and consulate IDs as potential risks to US banking system
20 minutes ago
Patty Murray accused Sean Duffy of self-promotion over addressing Americans’ financial strain, calling his actions 'out of touch'
7 hours ago
The results highlight the continued importance of Trump’s endorsement in shaping GOP primary outcomes
8 hours ago
Taking to X after the race was called, the California Democrat blasted what he described as attacks on Massie and argued the libertarian-minded Republican was punished for taking on powerful interests
9 hours ago
The bipartisan praise highlighted how Massie’s brand of anti-establishment politics has attracted support beyond traditional Republican circles
9 hours ago
Appearing on Hannity, Gallrein recounted a conversation he said changed the course of his campaign
10 hours ago
In a lengthy post on X after the results, Marjorie Taylor Greene hailed Thomas Massie as 'a giant among weak pathetic men'
10 hours ago
Michael Caputo said the FBI probes were ‘weaponized’ against his family as he filed $2.7M DOJ claim
10 hours ago
Speaking at his concession event in Hebron on May 19, Thomas Massie framed the loss as part of a larger purpose
11 hours ago
Thomas Massie criticized Donald Trump’s White House ballroom project, saying Americans are struggling while gas and diesel prices rise
11 hours ago