Fact Check: Did Trump say NBA All-Star Weekend was 'a disgrace of an event'?
INGLEWOOD, CALIFORNIA: NBA All-Star Weekend 2026, held February 13–15 in Los Angeles at the brand-new Intuit Dome, wrapped up as the league's 75th edition, marking LA's record 7th time hosting.
Interestingly, following the event, a rumor surfaced online claiming that President Donald Trump said the NBA All-Star Weekend was 'a disgrace of an event'. But is there any truth to this? Let us find out below.
Claim: Trump said NBA All-Star Weekend was 'a disgrace of an event'
A viral post on X claimed, "Donald Trump on NBA All-Star Weekend: 'Such a disgrace of an event. You know, back in my day, we had Michael Jordan. Now we have a bunch of nobodies'."
The post also had images of Trump and Michael Jordan. The post garnered more the 8,45,000 views, and more than 14,000 people reacted to the viral post at the time of filing this story.
Donald Trump on NBA All-Star Weekend:
— Hoops Crave (@HoopsCrave) February 15, 2026
“Such a disgrace of an event. You know, back in my day we had Michael Jordan. Now we have a bunch of nobodies.” pic.twitter.com/KmC1TvqLsz
The 2026 NBA All-Star Weekend introduced a fresh, competitive format to address past criticisms of low-effort exhibitions. A USA vs World round-robin mini-tournament with three teams, playing four 12-minute games, was held on Sunday, February 15, leading to a championship matchup.
The USA Stars dominated the final, as they defeated the USA Stripes 47–21 to claim the inaugural championship. The tournament saw close early games before the finale as youth prevailed over experience in an all-U.S. championship.
The new format brought back real competition while it celebrated the milestone anniversary.
Fact Check: False, the post originated from a parody account
The claims made in the online post are false, as the post is satirical fiction from a parody account. Searches for the exact phrase across news outlets, President Trump’s official statements, interviews, or his X account showed no credible sources.
Interestingly, the quote appears only in this @HoopsCrave post, its direct reposts, and meme versions on Facebook/X, all tracing back to the same viral joke. So far, the POTUS has not publicly commented on the 2026 NBA All-Star Weekend at all.
No recent interviews, press briefings, social media posts, or news reports from credible outlets, such as CNN, Fox, ESPN, TMZ, showed Trump criticizing the game, the new USA vs World format, the players, or comparing them to Michael Jordan.
However, the POTUS has criticized the NBA in the past, but nothing matches this specific rant about the 2026 All-Star event. No Trump involvement or commentary surfaced in any major coverage of the recently held event.
The verdict of the post is false, as it is a meme that went viral since it sounded like something Trump might say, but he did not. No such actual statement exists.