Iran targets Melania and Barron Trump in disturbing 'how-to' video encouraging their assassination

The video suggests Melania Trump's shopping trips could be 'suitable for operations by global freedom fighters'
The video targeting Melania and Barron Trump was posted by Tasnim News Agency, which is associated with the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) (Screengrab/@Regina10271/X, Getty Images)
The video targeting Melania and Barron Trump was posted by Tasnim News Agency, which is associated with the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) (Screengrab/@Regina10271/X, Getty Images)

WASHINGTON, DC: A video circulating out of Iran is encouraging supporters of the regime to assassinate first lady Melania Trump and her and the president's son, Barron Trump.

Titled "How to Kill Melania Trump," the video posted by Tasnim News Agency, a semi-official news agency associated with the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC), shows images of the first lady traveling in her motorcade and visiting locations around New York City, going so far as to name specific designer stores where she shops.

New video is part of an escalating pattern of threats against the family

The footage suggests Melania's shopping trips could be "suitable for operations by global freedom fighters," and even floats the idea of using a nerve agent to poison clothing she might purchase.

One clip shows a limousine carrying Melania passing Bergdorf Goodman and Saks Fifth Avenue, with red target-like circles overlaid on the store signs.

Barron Trump and first lady Melania Trump listen as President Donald Trump gives his inaugural address in the U.S. Capitol Rotunda on January 20, 2025 in Washington, DC. Donald Trump takes office for his second term as the 47th president of the United States. (Photo by Saul Loeb - Pool/Getty Images)
Barron Trump and Melania Trump listen as President Donald Trump gives his inaugural address in the US Capitol Rotunda on January 20, 2025, in Washington, DC (Saul Loeb - Pool/Getty Images)

Near the video's end, Barron, 20, is directly threatened as well: "This is just the beginning. Barron Trump, wait for us." The East Wing and the Secret Service haven't commented on the video. 

Both the first lady and Barron have full-time Secret Service details. All the Trump residences, the White House, Trump Tower in New York, the Bedminster golf club and the Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida, are heavily secured. 

The video is the latest in a string of threats aimed at the president's family since the war with Iran began. Billboards demanding the deaths of Trump and his relatives, including Melania and his children Don Jr, Ivanka, Eric, Tiffany, and Barron, appeared around Tehran last week, reading simply, "Blood for blood."



Melania has kept a lower public profile this month, skipping Friday night's White House Correspondents' Dinner; a source close to her told the New York Post she had a "scheduling conflict."

Trump says he's prepared for the worst

Trump also has faced threats from Iran and acknowledged he’s their number one target, after a US-Israel operation knocked off its supreme leader and regime figures.

Earlier this month, the president had to switch from his new Air Force One to take the older model out of Turkey, where he was attending a NATO meeting, due to Iranian threats, the New York Times reported.

President Donald Trump speaks at an event at the General Motors Proving Ground Monday, July 27, 2026, in Milford, Mich. (AP Photo/Paul Sancya)
President Donald Trump speaks at an event at the General Motors Proving Ground on Monday, July 27, 2026, in Milford, Michigan (AP Photo/Paul Sancya)

Trump told the New York Post he has made arrangements in the event of a successful attempt on his life.

"I've been on their list for a long time. That's what we're dealing with," he said. "The only thing is, I've left instructions, if anything happens, to just literally bomb them at levels that they've never seen before."

The threats against Melania and Barron come as separate reports indicate ceasefire talks between the US and Iran made "significant" progress this week, with Trump voicing cautious optimism while warning the conflict could reignite if negotiations collapse. 

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is separately expected to brief Trump on intelligence alleging Iran continues building up its nuclear program at a secretive site known as Pickaxe Mountain, according to a source in Jerusalem.

RELATED TOPICS US STRIKES IRAN

GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

Trump rejected claims that November's midterm elections influenced his approach to the conflict, saying they had 'nothing to do' with his thinking
2 days ago
A Wall Street Journal report says Iran used the diplomatic window to strengthen the IRGC, rebuild weapons capacity and prepare for wider conflict
2 days ago
Donald Trump cited cost, diplomacy with Kim Jong Un and Seoul’s Iran stance as the Pentagon reduced US participation in annual military drills
2 days ago
Iranian Army chief Amir Hatami said the reward was created after a surge in requests from Iranians seeking to join the conflict
2 days ago
Kazem Gharibabadi said Tehran would decide when the strategic waterway opens or closes, rejecting Washington’s claim of control
4 days ago
Iran said the United States must pledge never to threaten Tehran again and permanently end its war with Iran and its regional allies
Aug 9, 2026
Kazem Gharibabadi said negotiations were essential as inflation hit 88.6% and Iran’s oil exports faced mounting disruption
Aug 9, 2026
Iran said the Strait of Hormuz would remain closed until the US ended military action, lifted sanctions, and withdrew its forces
Aug 8, 2026
Reza Valizadeh also revealed that Iranian authorities have prevented his family from visiting him for five months, which he believes is punishment
Aug 8, 2026
Ron Dermer served as Israel’s ambassador to the US from 2013 to 2021 and later worked as Benjamin Netanyahu’s strategic affairs minister
Aug 8, 2026