'Iran will be hit very hard': Trump escalates 'relentless' Operation Epic Fury as new targets emerge

Ongoing strikes are said to have diminished Iran's regional influence and impacted its diplomatic interactions
President Donald Trump labeled Iran a 'loser' in the Middle East, suggesting prolonged instability if current leadership remained in power (Getty Images)
President Donald Trump labeled Iran a 'loser' in the Middle East, suggesting prolonged instability if current leadership remained in power (Getty Images)

WASHINGTON, DC: President Donald Trump announced via social media on Saturday, March 7, that the United States will intensify its military campaign, warning that Iran will be "hit very hard" throughout the day.

The president indicated that the scope of 'Operation Epic Fury' was expanding to include "areas and groups of people" that had not been considered for targeting until this moment.

Trump characterized the escalation as a response to Iran’s "bad behavior," stating that "complete destruction and certain death" were now under serious consideration for these new targets.

The announcement signaled a deepening of the conflict as the administration sought a total collapse or unconditional surrender of the Iranian leadership.

President signals shift in targeting strategy



The president’s remarks suggested a possible shift in targeting strategy as the operation continued. Trump did not identify specific locations but said that the ongoing US and Israeli military pressure had significantly weakened the Iranian leadership.

He also argued that the current military campaign had influenced Iran’s recent interactions with neighboring countries. The administration, he said, remains prepared to apply “serious” military force to prevent threats to regional stability and US assets.

Iran labeled 'loser of the Middle East'

GAZA CITY, GAZA - MAY 14:  Rockets launched towards Israel from the northern Gaza Strip and response
Trump warned that military strikes on Saturday would target groups not previously considered for engagement (Getty Images)

Trump also claimed that Iran had issued apologies to neighboring countries and pledged to reduce hostilities in the region. He framed those developments as evidence of a shift in the regional balance of power.

“Iran is no longer the ‘Bully of the Middle East’, they are, instead, ‘THE LOSER OF THE MIDDLE EAST,’” Trump wrote in his post. He suggested that the country could face prolonged instability if its current leadership remained in power.

Demanding unconditional surrender for future peace



The president reiterated that there would be "no deal with Iran except UNCONDITIONAL SURRENDER."

He maintained that only after a total capitulation and the selection of "GREAT & ACCEPTABLE" new leadership could the process of rebuilding begin.

Trump concluded his remarks by thanking the public for their attention to the matter, promising that once the regime was removed, the US and its allies would work to "Make Iran Great Again" (MIGA). 

Until that surrender gets finalized, he signaled that the "relentless" strikes would continue to mount.

RELATED TOPICS US STRIKES IRAN

GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

The UN-authorized Omani route is opposed by Iran, but vessels increasingly use it despite risks, relying on US naval forces for protection
56 minutes ago
David Morens admitted to using a personal email account to conduct government business and circumvent federal public-records laws
1 hour ago
The USS Benfold lost power in the South China Sea, disrupting water, food, air conditioning and toilets before it was towed to the Philippines
3 hours ago
Haley Van Erem alleges some university investigations lacked evidence of Title VI violations and were steered toward settlements
4 hours ago
Trump acknowledged that no peace talks are underway with Tehran as the 60-day deadline for reaching a permanent ceasefire expired
10 hours ago
A Democratic senator’s jab at Trump’s close aide sparked a fierce White House response as fresh scrutiny surrounds Harp’s unusually prominent role
10 hours ago
Last month, Rubio escalated the administration’s fight against the ICC, calling it a State Department-led campaign to dismantle the court
11 hours ago
Sean Spicer says Trump’s next press secretary will likely need his trust, understand his communication style and already have a close relationship with him
11 hours ago
Judge Brian E Murphy rejected a bid to delay ending TPS for about 5,000 Ethiopians as their legal challenge continues
12 hours ago
A planned discussion on violent crime in Washington was abruptly pulled, adding fresh uncertainty around Trump ally Jeanine Pirro’s standing in DC
12 hours ago