Joy Reid calls for turning Mar-a-Lago into a 'Black, LGBTQ museum' to avenge Trump's WH demolition

'Raze every edifice he's built; strip his name from everything, restore the White House as if he never lived there,' Joy Reid further said
Joy Reid said she prays that a future president will erase every trace of Donald Trump's existence in a Bluesky post (Arturo Holmes/Getty Images for ESSENCE, Joe Raedle/Getty Images)
Joy Reid said she prays that a future president will erase every trace of Donald Trump's existence in a Bluesky post (Arturo Holmes/Getty Images for ESSENCE, Joe Raedle/Getty Images)

WASHINGTON, DC: Former MSNBC anchor Joy Reid took jabs at President Donald Trump for the demolition of the White House's East Wing and called for converting his Mar-a-Lago residence into a museum for Black and LGBTQ people.

She had earlier posted a video on TikTok where she ranted about the construction of the new ballroom in Trump's White House and said it was taxpayer-funded.

Joy Reid calls to raze every edifice built by Trump

Joy Reid wrote in a Bluesky post, "I pray that a future president, if we still have a democracy, will erase every trace of Trump's existence."

"Raze every edifice he's built; strip his name from everything, restore the White House as if he never lived there & turn Mar-a-Lago into a Black, LGBTQ, women's, AAPI & immigrant history museum," she added.

(@joyannreid.bsky.social/Bluesky)
Joy Reid's post slamming Donald Trump for the East Wing demolition (@joyannreid.bsky.social/Bluesky)

Moreover, she took another jab at the POTUS during a conversation with former GOP strategist Steve Schmidt.

NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA - JULY 07: Joy Reid speaks during the 2024 ESSENCE Festival Of Culture™ Presented By Coca-Cola® at Ernest N. Morial Convention Center on July 07, 2024 in New Orleans, Louisiana. (Photo by Arturo Holmes/Getty Images for ESSENCE)
Joy Reid speaks during the 2024 ESSENCE Festival Of Culture™ Presented By Coca-Cola® at Ernest N Morial Convention Center on July 7, 2024, in New Orleans, Louisiana (Arturo Holmes/Getty Images for ESSENCE)

"This is not an American president. An American president is somebody who has reverence for the American experiment, who has reverence for the Constitution, who has reverence for the process and for the American people," Reid said.

"The destruction of the East Wing is a metaphor for what this man, this venal character, has promised to do to the American experiment and is doing to it. I'm... I am horrified," the journalist expressed. 

The Trump administration has faced a flurry of negative coverage for its decision to demolish the East Wing without any notice to make way for a planned $350 million ballroom.

An excavator works to clear rubble after the East Wing of the White House was demolished on October 23, 2025 in Washington, DC. The demolition is part of U.S. President Donald Trump's plan to build a ballroom reportedly costing at least $250 million on the eastern side of the White House. (Eric Lee/Getty Images)
An excavator works to clear rubble after the East Wing of the White House was demolished on October 23, 2025, in Washington, DC (Eric Lee/Getty Images)

Interestingly, the Republican leader earlier promised the construction would not interfere with the mansion itself and has since maintained that the ballroom will be paid for privately.

According to the White House, the multimillion-dollar project is being funded entirely by private donors rather than taxpayers' money. Some of the donors are Lockheed Martin, Booz Allen Hamilton, and Blackstone CEO Stephen A Schwarzman.

Joy Reid posts unhinged rant crying about White House ballroom

Joy Reid also posted a TikTok video ranting about Donald Trump's new ballroom project and claimed it was taxpayer-funded.

"We have all of the money. We have available money to do all those kinds of things, but not real healthcare. We had the money to make the tax cuts for billionaires permanent, so they get them forever," she said in the video.

Reid added, "We had that money and we had the money to do this to your White House," as a clip of the East Wing being bulldozed played.



Continuing her rant, she said, "There's no money for you. No money for food stamps. People are gonna run out of food stamps as those are not gonna be renewed. It is going to create a crisis of hunger across this country. We have no money for that. No money to pay federal workers. No money to pay the TSA workers who are keeping you safe, or the Air Traffic Controllers to make sure your planes don't crash."

"But we have money for this? Make this make sense. Is that how you want your money to be used? Is that what you voted for? Cause if this is make America great again, we need to stop making America great again cause I am exhausted. Morally, physically and mentally exhausted," Reid concluded. 

An excavator works to clear rubble after the East Wing of the White House was demolished on October 23, 2025 in Washington, DC. The demolition is part of U.S. President Donald Trump's plan to build a multimillion-dollar ballroom on the eastern side of the White House.
An excavator works to clear rubble after the East Wing of the White House was demolished on October 23, 2025, in Washington, DC (Photo by Eric Lee/Getty Images)

She is not the only one who has said that the new White House ballroom is taxpayer-funded. 'The View' co-host Whoopi Goldberg made the same accusations.

During the October 22 episode of the show, Goldberg addressed viewers and said, "You know yesterday who was asked about demanding up to $230 million in damages over the past federal investigations against him. Which just happens to be the price tag of the ballroom. What a coincidence!"



She also played a video of Trump saying, "If I get money from our country, I will do something nice like give it to charity or give it to the White House while we restore the White House. We are doing a great job. As you know, the ballroom is under construction. All I know is they would owe me a lot of money, but I am not looking for money."

After the clip ended, Goldberg remarked, "So, this will also be decided by some of the same Justice Department lawyers who worked with him on these past cases. So Americans, the question is, are you on board with all of this? This is like a cash grab. And your taxes are probably going to be paying for that ballroom. I mean, it’s kind of cooky."

GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

Laura Loomer also claimed Nasire Best made a TikTok post threatening violence against Donald Trump in December 2025
11 hours ago
Amin Abdullah’s sons remembered their father as a hero after he died protecting children during a mosque attack
12 hours ago
'Forever yours, forever mine,' Bettina Anderson captioned a black-and-white photo shared on Instagram Stories
13 hours ago
Karoline Leavitt praised Marco Rubio and JD Vance after the pair stepped in during her maternity leave
13 hours ago
FBI agents must qualify through local rounds before competing in Quantico, where the event will focus on fitness and team-building
13 hours ago
More than 40,000 residents were evacuated after emergency teams were unable to neutralize the chemical tank at an aerospace facility
14 hours ago
Abdul Carter mocked Jaxson Dart’s Donald Trump rally appearance, saying he thought the viral clip was created using AI
16 hours ago
Donald Trump Jr and Bettina Anderson celebrated their union alongside Ivanka Trump, Eric Trump and relatives
16 hours ago
A source said Tiger Woods believes Vanessa Trump will recover and is supporting her despite his recent DUI troubles
18 hours ago
Nasire Best allegedly violated prior stay-away orders before opening fire near the White House checkpoint
18 hours ago