Renee Good’s family condemns ICE after Alex Pretti’s shooting: ‘It has clearly gone too far’

The deaths of Good and Pretti have intensified protests and scrutiny over actions of federal immigration enforcement, especially ICE agents, in Minneapolis
PUBLISHED JAN 26, 2026
Renee Good’s family blasts ICE after Alex Pretti’s death, calling for a full halt to federal operations in Minneapolis (X @Breaking911 and X@AFStreamWatch)
Renee Good’s family blasts ICE after Alex Pretti’s death, calling for a full halt to federal operations in Minneapolis (X @Breaking911 and X@AFStreamWatch)

MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA: Renee Good's family has publicly condemned the shooting of Alex Pretti, a 37‑year‑old ICU nurse who was killed by Border Patrol agents.

Good, a Minnesota mother and a US citizen, was fatally shot by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) earlier this month. 

Both her and Pretti's killings have led to widespread anti-ICE demonstrations across Minnesota, spiking tensions in the state.

The man fatally shot by federal officers in Minneapolis has been identified as Alex Jeffrey Pretti, according to sources familiar with the investigation (@va.gov/X)
Alex Pretti, a Veterans Affairs ICU nurse, was fatally shot by federal officers in Minneapolis (@va.gov/X)

Renee Good's family blasts federal actions

The family, speaking through their attorneys on Sunday, January 25, decried Pretti’s death and the broader federal enforcement efforts in the city. 

“The events of this weekend in Minneapolis are terrifying, deeply disturbing, and heartbreaking - with yet another US citizen losing their life while taking part in the time‑honored and Constitutionally protected activity of being present to observe and peacefully advocate for their beliefs,” the statement said.

Good’s relatives urged Americans to interpret available video evidence for themselves, calling for a complete end to ICE’s presence in Minneapolis.

Renee Nicole Good, 37, identified by mother after Minneapolis ICE shooting (@krassenstein/X)
Renee Nicole Good, 37, was killed after a Minneapolis ICE agent shot her (@krassenstein/X)

“We urge all Americans to trust their own eyes as they interpret the horrific video, and to call for an absolute end to ICE activity in Minneapolis."

"It has clearly gone too far and strayed far beyond its stated mission of removing criminal non‑citizens from the country. It is time for a hard reset. ICE agents can leave Minneapolis. The residents of Minnesota cannot,” they said.

The family added, “We call for a complete and immediate end to the ICE invasion of this beautiful American city.”

Good, a mother of three, was shot and killed by an ICE agent on January 7; her death was later ruled a homicide by the Hennepin County Medical Examiner’s Office.

Alex Pretti's family rejects government narrative

Pretti was killed on Saturday, January 24, during a federal immigration enforcement action in south Minneapolis, less than three weeks after Good’s death.

Federal authorities said a Border Patrol agent fired after Pretti “approached” officers with a handgun and resisted disarmament, but the account has been challenged by local officials and video evidence.

Video footage circulated widely appeared to show Pretti holding a phone, not a weapon, and attempting to help others before being pepper‑sprayed and pinned to the ground.

In a statement shared by the Minnesota Democratic–Farmer–Labor Party, Pretti’s parents, Michael and Susan Pretti, said they were “heartbroken but also very angry” and rejected federal officials’ descriptions of the encounter.

“The sickening lies told about our son by the administration are reprehensible and disgusting,” they said.



Pretti’s parents also maintained that their son was legally armed but never brandished a weapon during the incident.

Protests, video contradictions and ongoing scrutiny

The deaths of Good and Pretti have intensified protests against ICE and the broader federal immigration crackdown in Minneapolis, with demonstrators and local leaders pushing for transparency and for federal enforcement agents to be withdrawn.

Minnesota Governor Tim Walz and other officials have criticised the federal government’s handling of both shootings and cited cellphone footage that contradicts official accounts.



The Department of Homeland Security maintains that the Pretti shooting is under review and that agents acted within their duties, while state officials and activists argue the videos raise serious questions about use of force.

RELATED TOPICS MINNEAPOLIS ICE SHOOTING FALLOUT

GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

Incident at West Front prompts security alert; no ongoing threat, police say
2 hours ago
Civil rights leader and Rainbow PUSH founder who marched with King dies peacefully
7 hours ago
The Wall Street Journal reported Corey Lewandowski fired and rehired a pilot after Kristi Noem’s blanket was left on a government jet
14 hours ago
Mary Trump criticized Trump’s Presidents Day post, calling his 'hunter' pose absurd and questioning the holiday’s celebration and meaning
14 hours ago
An email in the newly released files shows Jeffrey Epstein asking about his 'trumpet plants at nursery,' drawing fresh scrutiny
15 hours ago
Supporters gathered early outside Trump International Golf Club as crowds grew in the heat, waving flags and chanting on Presidents Day
18 hours ago
Pima County says all relatives are victims, not suspects, as investigators enter week three with no named person of interest
18 hours ago
The suspect allegedly targeted his family at a packed arena, leaving multiple victims dead or critically wounded
19 hours ago
Nancy Guthrie’s family pleaded for her return as the FBI described a masked male suspect seen carrying an Ozark Trail backpack
20 hours ago
Minnesota BCA condemns ‘unprecedented’ FBI noncooperation, blocks access to investigation files
1 day ago