Sara Gilbert and Linda Perry, who agreed on joint custody of their son, 9, finalize divorce after 5 years

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Sara Gilbert, 49, and Linda Perry, 59, finalized their divorce on December 19, 2024, five years after the initial paperwork was filed in 2019.
The couple, who tied the knot in 2014, cited irreconcilable differences as the reason for their separation, according to People.
Inside Sara Gilbert and Linda Perry's divorce

In October 2021, actress Sara Gilbert and musician Linda Perry reached an agreement for joint legal and physical custody of their nine-year-old son, Rhodes, and neither party sought child or spousal support.
Reflecting on the breakup in 2020, Perry described the separation as a natural evolution of their relationship.
“It’s life, man. Life is happening and you’re witnessing it,” she shared.
Despite the split, she maintained a positive outlook, emphasizing growth and change.
“Things that end don’t mean they’re bad. It’s just you’re evolving into a different place,” she added.
View this post on Instagram
Weeks after Gilbert and Perry ended their five-year marriage in 2020, Perry said, "I'm still on an incredible adventure with Sara. I love her. I adore her."
"We have a beautiful child together. So that journey's not ended, it's evolved into something else," she told Page Six.
Linda Perry's health challenges amid separation
During the same year the couple was legally separated, Linda Perry had a breast cancer diagnosis.
The condition was discovered while she prepared for elective breast reduction surgery, with lab results from the procedure revealing the early-stage cancer.
“I feel so lucky because there’s so many women that don’t get that opportunity,” Perry shared with People.
Perry underwent a double mastectomy after learning the severity of her diagnosis.
View this post on Instagram
Her doctor warned that the cancer could have gone undetected for years, potentially becoming life-threatening.
“I would’ve never found it,” she admitted.
Documentary captures Linda Perry's cancer battle
While battling cancer, Linda Perry was filming her documentary 'Let It Die Here', which premiered earlier this year.
View this post on Instagram
She chose to incorporate her health journey into the film, calling director Don Hardy to share her diagnosis and agreeing to document the experience.
“The hammer was on me, and this happened in realtime,” she recalled.
Perry’s health ordeal brought new clarity to her life. “I’ve always had this thing where I just want to be the best. So much f**king pressure to be the best,” she explained.
After the surgery, she embraced a new mindset as she shared, “I just want to be the best at who I am. And that takes a lot of pressure off.”