US B‑2 bombers previously struck Iran’s nuclear facilities as Trump weighs post‑regime change strategy

President confirms Space Force surveillance and satellite tracking secure buried materials amid tariff talks
The US is using B-2 bombers and Space Force surveillance to target Iran’s 'deeply buried' nuclear sites (AP Photos)
The US is using B-2 bombers and Space Force surveillance to target Iran’s 'deeply buried' nuclear sites (AP Photos)

WASHINGTON, DC: President Donald J. Trump on Wednesday, April 8, outlined what he described as a “very productive” shift in the Iran conflict, stating that the United States is now coordinating with new leadership in Tehran on efforts to dismantle the country’s nuclear infrastructure.

The announcement follows recent developments after the expiration of the administration’s deadline tied to the Strait of Hormuz.

In public remarks, Trump said the US is working “closely” with Iranian counterparts to locate and remove nuclear materials from facilities previously targeted in military operations.

He indicated that some of these materials remain in deeply buried sites that were not fully neutralized during earlier strikes.



The President also said US military and intelligence assets have maintained continuous monitoring of these locations since the initial attacks.

No independent confirmation of a leadership transition in Iran or a formal agreement has been released by US or Iranian officials.

Space Force maintains ‘Exacting’ satellite surveillance

Trump stated that US Space Force systems are conducting ongoing satellite surveillance over Iranian nuclear sites as part of the verification process.

According to the President, the monitoring is intended to ensure that materials at these locations have not been moved or altered.

The use of satellite-based oversight reflects a reliance on remote verification rather than traditional on-site inspections.

US officials have not disclosed operational details, but such systems typically provide real-time imaging and tracking capabilities across multiple regions.

A fire burns days after a suspected Iranian attack targeting the port in Salalah, Oman, Monday, March 16, 2026 (U.S. Geological Survey)
The US Space Force is maintaining a 24/7 'exacting' watch from orbit to verify that no nuclear materials have been moved during the ceasefire transition (U.S. Geological Survey)

The President said the surveillance effort is focused on maintaining visibility over “sensitive locations” while extraction plans are being developed. Defense officials have not publicly detailed the scope or duration of this monitoring.

Fifteen points agreed for sanctions relief

Trump also referenced progress on a broader framework involving sanctions and trade measures.

He said that “many of the 15 points” of a proposed agreement have been accepted, though no formal document has been released.

According to the President, discussions include potential tariff and sanctions relief tied to compliance with the dismantling of nuclear capabilities. The administration has previously used economic measures as leverage in negotiations with Iran.

(x/@IRIMFA_SPOX)
Negotiations in Islamabad are set to finalize the remaining points of the US plan, which offers major tariff and sanctions relief in exchange for total disarmament (x/@IRIMFA_SPOX)

US officials have not confirmed the full list of terms or whether negotiations are ongoing through direct or indirect channels. Iranian authorities have also not publicly acknowledged any agreement on sanctions relief.

B-2 Bombers to extract buried ‘Nuclear Dust’

In outlining the next phase of operations, Trump said B-2 bombers could be used in missions aimed at accessing deeply buried nuclear sites.

He described these operations as focused on reaching materials that remain underground following earlier strikes.

The President referred to these materials as “nuclear dust” and said efforts would involve removing or neutralizing them.

Defense experts note that B-2 aircraft are capable of deploying specialized munitions designed for hardened or underground targets. 

(The White House)
In an unprecedented collaborative mission, B-2 bombers will facilitate the physical removal of 'nuclear dust' from Iran's most secure underground bunkers (The White House)

Trump also stated that US monitoring indicates that materials at these sites have remained undisturbed since the initial strikes. Officials have not released independent verification of that claim.

RELATED TOPICS US STRIKES IRAN

GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

Patty Murray accused Sean Duffy of self-promotion over addressing Americans’ financial strain, calling his actions 'out of touch'
6 hours ago
The results highlight the continued importance of Trump’s endorsement in shaping GOP primary outcomes
7 hours ago
Taking to X after the race was called, the California Democrat blasted what he described as attacks on Massie and argued the libertarian-minded Republican was punished for taking on powerful interests
8 hours ago
The bipartisan praise highlighted how Massie’s brand of anti-establishment politics has attracted support beyond traditional Republican circles
8 hours ago
Appearing on Hannity, Gallrein recounted a conversation he said changed the course of his campaign
9 hours ago
In a lengthy post on X after the results, Marjorie Taylor Greene hailed Thomas Massie as 'a giant among weak pathetic men'
9 hours ago
Michael Caputo said the FBI probes were ‘weaponized’ against his family as he filed $2.7M DOJ claim
9 hours ago
Speaking at his concession event in Hebron on May 19, Thomas Massie framed the loss as part of a larger purpose
9 hours ago
Thomas Massie criticized Donald Trump’s White House ballroom project, saying Americans are struggling while gas and diesel prices rise
10 hours ago
Ilhan Omar faced renewed scrutiny after revising financial disclosures tied to companies co-owned by partner Tim Mynett
11 hours ago