CENTCOM shares video of jet's precision landing on 'moving postage stamp' during Epic Fury

New footage from USS Abraham Lincoln shows carrier flight operations during Operation Epic Fury
CENTCOM’s latest video shows navy pilots and crew of USS Abraham Lincoln during Operation Epic Fury (Screengrab/@CENTCOM/X)
CENTCOM’s latest video shows navy pilots and crew of USS Abraham Lincoln during Operation Epic Fury (Screengrab/@CENTCOM/X)

WASHINGTON, DC: United States Central Command (CENTCOM) on Saturday, March 21, released a new video showcasing the skills of American fighter pilots as they conduct high-stakes missions for ‘Operation Epic Fury.’

This update comes alongside a report that says weeks of sustained combat operations have now significantly reduced Iran’s military power in the Strait of Hormuz.



CENTCOM shares video from USS Abraham Lincoln 

The US Central Command shared new footage on its X account to highlight the intense technical skill required of Navy aviators.

The post emphasizes that there is almost no room for error during carrier operations, noting, “An aircraft carrier flight deck covers approximately 4.5 acres. For pilots, it’s like landing on a moving postage stamp.” 

While these maneuvers are risky, the command praised the professionalism of the crew, adding, “The crew on USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN 72) makes launching and recovering jets look routine — both day and night.” 

According to CENTCOM, US forces have conducted more than 8,000 combat flights during the campaign, maintaining air dominance while targeting remaining threats.



CENTCOM details systematic dismantling of IRGC capabilities

Earlier in the day, in a detailed video briefing on the progress of Operation Epic Fury, CENTCOM Commander Admiral Brad Cooper explained how the campaign has systematically dismantled the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps’ (IRGC) ability to control the region. 

Over the past three weeks, US forces have destroyed approximately 130 Iranian vessels, causing a major drop in enemy activity and providing relief to commercial shipping. 

Describing how the IRGC has been forced to a standstill, Admiral Cooper stated, “Their Navy is not sailing, their tactical fighters are not flying.” 

This shift has successfully prevented Iran from launching the kind of organized, coordinated attacks seen during the earlier stages of the conflict.

(x/@CENTCOM)
CENTCOM reported the Iranian Navy’s worst defeat since 1945, saying the IRGC can no longer monitor or strike vessels in the strait (x/@CENTCOM)

CENTCOM neutralizes underground launch facilities

The operation has also prioritized eliminating land-based threats targeting international traffic in the Strait of Hormuz. 

US bombers deployed 5,000-pound munitions to strike a concealed coastal underground facility used to hide mobile cruise missile launchers and radar systems. 

In addition to these strikes, Admiral Cooper highlighted the role of regional air defense systems in countering incoming threats, noting that the system has intercepted a large number of drones launched during the war. 

With roughly 50,000 service members currently supporting the mission, CENTCOM confirmed that operations will continue as long as necessary to ensure Iran can no longer conduct military activity beyond its borders.

GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

David Axelrod explained that Donald Trump is popular with GOP voters but lacks wider appeal, creating a dilemma for Republicans in general elections
5 hours ago
Cynthia West shared a video congratulating Trump on a huge Kentucky victory, praising his America First agenda and calling America worth fighting for
6 hours ago
Hawaa said her father Amin Abdullah often skipped meals while guarding the mosque because he was focused on protecting children and worshippers
7 hours ago
Donike Gocaj died after falling into an uncovered Midtown Manhattan manhole near the Cartier store after exiting her Mercedes-Benz
7 hours ago
JD Vance accused Kaitlan Collins of misrepresenting both his previous comments and Donald Trump’s statement
8 hours ago
The data came from the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reporting Program, which gathered information from more than 17,000 law enforcement agencies
9 hours ago
Amin Abdullah, Mansour Kaziha and Nader Awad were identified as the three men killed in the attack
9 hours ago
Natalie Maines accused the Trump administration of misusing public funds amid rising gas prices, tensions with Iran, and IRS controversy
10 hours ago
Donald Trump unveiled new details about the White House ballroom, calling it a hardened structure with military-grade defenses
11 hours ago