Sean Strickland kicked out of UFC Freedom 250 event after claiming ban over anti-Trump remarks

Sean Strickland filmed himself walking through the UFC Fan Fest before photos emerged showing him being escorted out by the Secret Service
MMA fighter Sean Strickland is escorted out of the UFC Freedom 250 Fan Fest on The Ellipse by US Secret Service and other law enforcement ahead of UFC Freedom 250 on the South Lawn of the White House on Sunday, June 14 (Kevin Dietsch/Pool Photo via AP)
MMA fighter Sean Strickland is escorted out of the UFC Freedom 250 Fan Fest on The Ellipse by US Secret Service and other law enforcement ahead of UFC Freedom 250 on the South Lawn of the White House on Sunday, June 14 (Kevin Dietsch/Pool Photo via AP)

WASHINGTON, DC: MMA champion Sean Strickland’s attempt to attend the UFC Fan Fest at the White House ended abruptly after Secret Service agents escorted him out of the venue.

The two-time UFC Middleweight Champion has found himself thrust into an unusual controversy after claiming that he had been banned from the historic MMA event at the South Lawn, over his comments about President Donald Trump's connections to Jeffrey Epstein and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

HOUSTON, TEXAS - FEBRUARY 21: Sean Strickland walks out prior to the middleweight bout against Anthony Hernandez during UFC Fight Night at Toyota Center on February 21, 2026 in Houston, Texas. (Photo by Jack Gorman/Getty Images)
Sean Strickland walks out prior to the middleweight bout against Anthony Hernandez during UFC Fight Night at Toyota Center on February 21, 2026, in Houston, Texas (Jack Gorman/Getty Images)

Sean Strickland’s failed attempt to sneak into UFC Fan Fest

Despite his claims to be banned, Strickland still made his way through a fan festival, seemingly at the nearby Ellipse on Sunday, June 14.

As he filmed himself strolling through the fan festival, Strickland repeatedly told enthusiastic fans not to draw too much attention to him as they reacted to his presence.

However, he was mobbed by fans as he entered a ring in the middle of the park, leading the Secret Service and other law enforcement to escort him out.

Although Strickland was not arrested, he claims he could still face a disorderly conduct charge — a Class B misdemeanor in Washington, DC, that carries a maximum penalty of 90 days in jail, a $500 fine, or both.

“I may have been charged with disorderly conduct. I don’t know what that is but it sounds cool,” Strickland said on Instagram. “Anyways, I just want to thank you fans. I can’t thank you guys enough. After being banned, you guys riding, supporting me, it means a lot to me.”

In a separate post, Strickland shared a photo of him being removed from the event, led away by a slew of security officers working the show.

“Sorry you guys,” Strickland wrote. “We almost made it! Promise one day, we will set up a circle and box. Thanks for your support.”

Sean Strickland says he has been banned from UFC White House event

The incident came just over a week after Strickland claimed that he had allegedly been banned from attending the extravaganza at the White House.

"UFC at the White House with [Netanyahu] in the audience. Straight slope," the 35-year-old said, adding, "To be fair, they did ban me. But when you make fun of the leaders of America, they tend to be a little bit petty. By leaders, I mean Israel."

When a fan had earlier asked for specifics on why he had been excluded from the festivities, Strickland replied: “I made fun of Israel and Epstein.”



“The only male American champ banned at the White House because I said Trump is owned by [Benjamin Netanyahu]. That’s not public opinion, it’s a fact,” he remarked.

However, UFC Presdient and CEO Dana White vehemently denied his claims, stating that Strickland’s attendance would be restricted because "there are only 4,300 tickets."

"Of course Sean Strickland isn't banned [from the event]," said White, who then joked: "Sean Strickland is banned from humanity. We don't want him near any human beings anywhere."

"He shows up at Power Slap and starts fights. He made it very clear he didn't want to be part of this event, and now he's banned, apparently – nobody is banned,” he clarified.

GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

Todd Blanche also expressed regret over the lack of an update, acknowledging how heartbreaking the case has been
13 hours ago
Brad Cooper visited six countries during a 10-day Middle East tour, met over 50,000 US service members and praised the Lincoln Carrier Strike Group
16 hours ago
Joey Jones also questioned what older veterans might think when hearing younger service members complain about ordinary hardships while deployed
20 hours ago
The controversy began after a sailor's relative alleged that crew lacked care packages and female sailors ran short of hygiene products
22 hours ago
Trump continued joking about the impromptu audition, telling Alexis that he had always liked her
23 hours ago
Journalists who remained aboard Air Force One had objected to the way the operation was handled
1 day ago
Major Crimes and Crime Scene divisions led the investigation as police sought a motive and suspects, with no arrests announced
1 day ago
Camron Harris, 19, faces eight felony warrants, including malicious wounding and firearm charges, and is being held without bond
1 day ago
The USS Abraham Lincoln has faced scrutiny over its prolonged deployment, with sailors and families raising concerns about conditions aboard the carrier
1 day ago
The fundraiser was launched by Wisconsin resident Brandee Mulligan to help the couple cover personal expenses, including travel and accommodation
1 day ago