White House to remove Trump UFC arena after he floated keeping it up 'forever'

The White House confirmed Trump's UFC arena will be dismantled after he suggested it could stay
 'Let's leave it up a little bit longer. And then they said, let's leave it up longer and longer and longer' Trump said about UFC arena (AP Photo/Alex Brandon; Kevin Carter/Getty Images)
'Let's leave it up a little bit longer. And then they said, let's leave it up longer and longer and longer' Trump said about UFC arena (AP Photo/Alex Brandon; Kevin Carter/Getty Images)


WASHINGTON, DC: President Donald Trump's public suggestion that the White House UFC might remain indefinitely has been undercut by a new White House confirmation that the structure will soon be dismantled.

The update puts fresh attention on the costly spectacle that transformed the South Lawn. It also contrasts sharply with Trump’s own comments comparing the temporary venue to the Eiffel Tower.

White House confirms UFC arena teardown

A White House spokesperson told The Irish Star that the UFC stage, nicknamed ‘The Claw’ by members of the public, will eventually be removed from the South Lawn.

A White House official told the outlet that the deconstruction process should be “completed by sometime next week”.

Members of the media tour the arena for the UFC Freedom 250 fights on the South Lawn of the White House, Thursday, June 11, 2026, in Washington. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)
Members of the media tour the arena for the UFC Freedom 250 fights on the South Lawn of the White House, Thursday, June 11, 2026, in Washington (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

That timeline stands in contrast to remarks Trump made in a TikTok video before the UFC event on June 14, when he openly floated the possibility of keeping the structure in place.

“I know that in Paris, France, the Eiffel Tower, 1889, it was built. It was supposed to be taken down immediately after the World's Fair,” Trump said in the video.

“Let's leave it up a little bit longer. And then they said, 'Let's leave it up longer and longer and longer,'” he continued.

Trump then drew a direct comparison to the White House installation, saying, “Well, they never took it down.”

Trump compared arena to Eiffel Tower

The president also praised the venue while discussing the UFC event.

“And, you know, we're building something in front of the White House that's quite attractive to a lot of people,” Trump said.

“It's going to have the big UFC fight on June 14th,” he added before concluding, “And I'm looking at it, and maybe we'll never ever take it down.”

U.S. President Donald Trump arrives for the G7 summit in Evian-les-Bains, France, Monday, June 15, 2026. (AP Photo/Thibault Camus)
President Donald Trump arrives for the G7 summit in Evian-les-Bains, France, Monday, June 15, 2026  (AP Photo/Thibault Camus)

The video carried the caption, “Maybe We'll never ever take it down.”

Those remarks quickly drew criticism online. One commenter questioned, “Why is he comparing an Eiffel Tower to a UFC Ring?”

Another person joked that the United States was their “favorite reality show”.

Costly South Lawn project faces scrutiny

The arena's removal also revives attention on the cost of restoring the South Lawn after the event.

According to the report, UFC CEO Dana White faces a $700,000 bill to repair the grass following the Freedom 250 event. Accommodating the 5,000-seat venue and ‘The Claw’ reportedly required major changes to the lawn, including flattening sections of the grounds.

White previously acknowledged the scale of the challenge.

“There is no doubt about it, this is going to be the most challenging event we have ever done,” he told Sports Business Journal last October.

Criticism also came from Art Davie, a former UFC owner and Trump’s former bunkmate at the New York Military Academy.

“I think that Trump was always looking for something to glorify what he’s doing,” Davie told the Daily Beast.

Davie was even more direct about suggestions that the structure could become a lasting fixture, saying discussions about turning it into “some sort of a permanent Lincoln Memorial-type of structure” were “crazy”.

With dismantling now expected within days, the White House has effectively closed the door on Trump’s public vision for the arena, even as questions remain over the cost and impact of the temporary installation.

GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

Loomer’s strongest objection was directed at the suggestion that Harp and Trump are romantically involved
44 minutes ago
The suspect was also reportedly refused service at a Dunkin’ while wearing the unusual mask
1 hour ago
English acknowledged that he had traveled to Washington with the intention of killing a government official
2 hours ago
Zimmerman rejected the suggestion that the blow happened merely as part of a struggle with security
4 hours ago
The store, described as a family-owned operation, was left dealing with the consequences after the crowd departed
5 hours ago
Disney has sued the FCC over early ABC license reviews, alleging retaliation by the Trump administration and warning that scrutiny is affecting political programming
6 hours ago
An 11-year-old boy criticized Donald Trump and referenced Jeffrey Epstein as he explained his anger toward the president in the widely shared footage
12 hours ago
'Hes with me every day even when I’m not thinking about him, he’s certainly part of my heart,' Jill Biden shared
13 hours ago
Melania Trump’s diplomatic outreach has focused on children separated from loved ones during the Russia-Ukraine war, using back-channel communication
14 hours ago
Hunter Tirpak stole the spotlight at Donald Trump’s 2016 Pennsylvania rally after arriving dressed as a miniature Trump and being picked up by him
14 hours ago