'Why weren’t you at the party?' Congresswoman Lauren Boebert trolled after bragging about Trump's $50M fundraising gala

Lauren Boebert took to social media to compare Donald Trump's fundraising success to that of President Joe Biden
Congresswoman Lauren Boebert sparked a flurry of reactions on Sunday after she claimed $50 million was raised at a Donald Trump 'house party' (Getty Images)
Congresswoman Lauren Boebert sparked a flurry of reactions on Sunday after she claimed $50 million was raised at a Donald Trump 'house party' (Getty Images)

DENVER, COLORADO: Congresswoman Lauren Boebert (R-CO) sparked a flurry of reactions on Sunday, April 7, as she touted a claimed $50 million raised at a Donald Trump "house party," leading to a heated debate over fundraising prowess and political momentum.

Boebert, known for her controversial statements and past scandals, took to social media to compare Trump's fundraising success to that of President Joe Biden.

Lauren Boebert's comparison

The controversial GOP firebrand asserted that Trump's event outstripped Biden's, citing figures from a reported Palm Beach, Florida fundraising dinner. However, Biden and Democrats' fundraising efforts had surpassed $90 million in March, according to the New York Times.

"It took Biden two former Presidents, Lizzo and Stephen Colbert to raise $25,000,000 in one night," Boebert posted on X. "Trump threw a house party with no headliners and raised $50,000,000." She added, "It’s pretty clear where the momentum is."



 

Donald Trump vs Joe Biden fundraising

The fundraiser, hosted at investor John Paulson's home, garnered attention from the Republican National Committee (RNC), with Chairman Michael Whatley and co-chair Lara Trump hailing it as a testament to American discontent with Biden's administration. 

In a joint statement, they said the "success" of Saturday's event was "proving what we already know: Americans are fed up with Biden's record of failure, from the open southern border and sky-high inflation to the migrant crime crisis that has made everyone less safe."

The funds raised are slated to support various entities, including the Trump campaign, the RNC, state Republican parties, and the Save America PAC, aimed at covering the former president's legal expenses.



 

While Trump's fundraising efforts have surged in recent months, they still lag behind Biden's, evident in the March figures. Biden's campaign highlighted the New York City fundraiser featuring former Presidents Barack Obama and Bill Clinton as a success after raking in over $26 million in a single night.

However, Danielle Alvarez, a spokesperson for the Trump campaign, asserted their superiority in fundraising.

"It took three Democrat presidents to raise $25 million and one president to raise over $50 million, Donald J Trump," Alvarez said, echoing Boebert's sentiment about the disparity between the fundraising efforts of Trump and Biden.

Trump's personal endorsement of the fundraising event further fueled expectations, with the former president hailing it as the "biggest night" in fundraising ever. He emphasized its superiority over recent Biden fundraising efforts, CBS News reported.

Social media reactions

Regardless, Boebert's remarks triggered a backlash on social media, with critics referencing her past controversies, including an alleged incident where she was allegedly refused more alcohol at a fundraiser last year due to apparent intoxication.

"How would you know, didn’t you get tossed out? Wait, that was another party for Trump!" one posted on X.

"Why weren’t you at the party? The Donald doesn’t want you drunk dancing," another wrote.

"The Biden-Harris campaign raised $90 million in March. Trump raised $65 million. The Biden-Harris Campaign has $192 million cash-on-hand. Trump has $93 million on hand. It's pretty clear the only momentum Trump is seeing is your hands," a comment read.

"The only thing clear to me about any of your posts is that you'll believe anything your orange idol says. You are way too easily conned," someone else offered.

"They came up with that 50 Million number a week ago. Everything you ALL claim is a lie. Bobo is a joke," another chimed in.



 



 



 



 



 

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online. 

GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

Trump’s comments follow Tuesday’s denial of talks and come as the June deal remains stalled
1 hour ago
President Donald Trump says he plans to meet Kim Jong Un again and claims North Korea has 57 ‘very powerful’ nuclear weapons
1 hour ago
After Cory Mills' defeat, President Donald Trump shifted his support to Ryan Elijah, who became the Republican nominee for Florida's 7th District
2 hours ago
Nikki Haley, who backs opponent Ralph Norman, criticized Darline Graham Nordone's response, saying national security 'is not something you inherit'
2 hours ago
Comey's lawyers rejected the DOJ's interpretation and asked the judge to dismiss the case, arguing the post was protected speech, not a 'true threat'
2 hours ago
The reported courtship comes as Trump weighs several contenders for the high-profile White House role
4 hours ago
Heidi Overton has helped shape Trump’s health policies and faced criticism from MAHA advocates over several administration initiatives
11 hours ago
The UN-authorized Omani route is opposed by Iran, but vessels increasingly use it despite risks, relying on US naval forces for protection
12 hours ago
David Morens admitted to using a personal email account to conduct government business and circumvent federal public-records laws
13 hours ago
The USS Benfold lost power in the South China Sea, disrupting water, food, air conditioning and toilets before it was towed to the Philippines
15 hours ago