‘Did I drop an F-bomb? I hope I did’: Nancy Mace blames Charlie Kirk murder for airport blowup

The former moderate-turned-MAGA firebrand stood before reporters Monday and blasted what she called the 'fake news' for twisting the story
PUBLISHED NOV 4, 2025
South Carolina Rep Nancy Mace is not backing down after her expletive-laced showdown with cops and TSA agents at Charleston International Airport (Getty Images)
South Carolina Rep Nancy Mace is not backing down after her expletive-laced showdown with cops and TSA agents at Charleston International Airport (Getty Images)

CHARLESTON, SOUTH CAROLINA: South Carolina Rep Nancy Mace is not backing down after her expletive-laced showdown with cops and TSA agents at Charleston International Airport.

Instead, she’s blaming her outburst on fear for her life following the brutal murder of conservative activist Charlie Kirk.

Nancy Mace goes scorched earth against critics

The former moderate-turned-MAGA firebrand, who is now gunning for the Republican nomination for South Carolina governor, stood before reporters Monday and blasted what she called the “fake news” for twisting the story.

“I want you to know that the press, you guys in the fake news have omitted many details, and by doing so, you are lying to the people about what actually has transpired here,” Mace fumed during her morning press conference.

According to Mace, her airport tirade wasn’t about ego but about survival. She said she’s been on edge ever since the two assassination attempts on President Donald Trump and the fatal shooting of Charlie Kirk at a September campus event.

“I am not going to be the next person shot and killed in cold blood,” she declared. “I take my safety of myself, of my children, of my family, of my employees, very seriously.”

The airport incident involving Nancy Mace

A police report cited by Wired paints a slightly different picture. Officers said Mace’s BMW rolled up to Charleston International around 6 am last Thursday, but she was nowhere to be seen for several minutes.

When she finally turned up, it wasn’t at her usual checkpoint. Instead, she appeared at a TSA lane meant for airline crew.

The report said the congresswoman was “very irate,” hurling profanities and berating airport staff. She allegedly screamed that officers were “f****** incompetent” and that “this is no way to treat a f****** US representative.”

When grilled about it on Monday, Mace didn't hold anything back. “Last Thursday morning, I absolutely 100% confronted the airport employees who put my safety at risk,” she said. “Did I drop an F bomb? I hope I did. Did I call them incompetent? If I didn't, they absolutely earned it.”

However, she thanked TSA leadership. “We brought these concerns to TSA multiple times, and I am grateful to the leadership at the TSA who has worked with us to ensure that we improve the safety concerns that we have while I'm traveling," she said.

Nancy Mace's demands and complaints

While she defended her right to rebuke her staff, Mace also demanded an immediate overhaul of airport security for members of Congress, their staff, and even their kids.

“I want a designation of a single point of contact within TSA for ongoing security coordination with our office, I want a personnel review of any federal employee who has participated in compromising my safety,” she said.

Mace accused South Carolina Attorney General Alan Wilson, one of her rivals for the GOP governor’s seat, of putting her in danger by sharing her personal details online.

“I have been followed home in my personal vehicle in the weeks after Attorney General Allen Wilson posted my vehicle all over social media,” she said. “So it is a problem.”

The congresswoman also slammed Charleston International Airport CEO Elliott Summey.



“Last week, the airport rushed to compromise my safety by releasing the location of where I am normally dropped off when I am traveling alone in the video that was released last week,” she charged. “It was a limited video that was cut and that did not show the full picture.”

Nancy Mace calls it ‘a political hit job’

Mace insisted she’s the real victim and not the TSA staffers who got an earful. “This was a complete and total political hit job,” she said. “And if cursing is a crime, then myself and all of you watching this morning should have been arrested a very long time ago.”

Mace declared she wasn't going to apologize for ensuring her safety. “I am not going to apologize if there is an incompetent government employee at the airport who is expecting an apology this morning,” she said. “You are not going to get it.”

WASHINGTON, DC - FEBRUARY 28: Rep. Nancy Mace (R-SC) speaks to the media outside the Thomas P. O'Neil Jr. House Office Building on February 28, 2024 in Washington DC. A mobile billboard sponsored by the Congressional Integrity Project circled the building during a closed-door deposition with Hunter Biden and Republican lawmakers. The mobile billboard is calling on House Republicans to drop the impeachment inquiry of President Biden after their star witness Alexander Smirnov was charged with lying to the FBI and accusing him of being a Russian intelligence asset. (Photo by Jemal Countess/Getty Images for Congressional Integrity Project)
Rep Nancy Mace (R-SC) speaks to the media outside the Thomas P. O'Neil Jr. House Office Building on February 28, 2024, in Washington, DC (Jemal Countess/Getty Images for Congressional Integrity Project)

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online

MORE STORIES

West Virginia Governor Morrisey requested all West Virginians to observe a statewide moment of silence
28 minutes ago
Trump says he intends to pardon former Honduran president Juan Orlando Hernandez who was sentenced to 45 years in prison
1 hour ago
Adam Carr said while Sarah Beckstrom wanted to make a difference, she found her deployment 'pointless' because of the limitations placed on the Guard
1 hour ago
Afghans in the US condemned the DC shooting of National Guard members and urged Trump not to halt Afghan immigration
1 hour ago
NYPD said officers responded to a demonstration near a Midtown Manhattan fashion store and found about 70 protesters boycotting Black Friday
2 hours ago
Twenty year-old George Abaraonye apologized to Kirk's widow, Erika, and their two children for having 'missed the mark' with his insensitive comments
2 hours ago
Army Specialist Sarah Beckstrom dies and Air Force Staff Sgt Andrew Wolfe is critically wounded after Afghan suspect Rahmanullah Lakanwal ambushes them in DC
2 hours ago
Pete Hegseth claimed the 'fabricated, inflammatory, and derogatory reporting' was meant to discredit the 'warriors fighting to protect the homeland'
2 hours ago
Tim Walz rebuked Donald Trump for using an ableist insult and urged him to share MRI results the White House never fully detailed
2 hours ago
Rosie O’Donnell emphasizes that a 'decent person should stand up' in the face of Trump’s remarks on women reporters
2 hours ago