Elon Musk says he has ‘not been to any of Epstein’s parties, plane, or island’ amid DOJ release

The Department of Justice released millions of Jeffrey Epstein records, including over 2,000 videos and 180,000 images
PUBLISHED FEB 1, 2026
SpaceX and Tesla CEO Elon Musk denied ties to Jeffrey Epstein after documents alleged messages about meetings in 2012–2013 (Getty Images)
SpaceX and Tesla CEO Elon Musk denied ties to Jeffrey Epstein after documents alleged messages about meetings in 2012–2013 (Getty Images)


BOCA CHICA, TEXAS: SpaceX and Tesla CEO Elon Musk has rejected claims linking him to Jeffrey Epstein. In a post shared on X (formerly Twitter), Musk said he “has not been to any Epstein's party” and has not been in “his plane or his island.”

His statement followed media reports about a newly released set of Epstein-related documents published on Friday, January 30. The files suggested that the Tesla CEO exchanged messages with the convicted offender in 2012 and 2013.

The messages included discussions about possibly meeting at Epstein’s private island. They also mentioned meeting at Musk’s SpaceX facility in Southern California.

Tesla, SpaceX and X CEO Elon Musk arrives to speak during an inauguration event at Capital One Arena on January 20, 2025 in Washington, DC. Donald Trump takes office for his second term as the 47th president of the United States. (Photo by Christopher Furlong/Getty Images)
Tesla, SpaceX and X CEO Elon Musk arrives to speak during an inauguration event at Capital One Arena on January 20, 2025 in Washington, DC. Donald Trump takes office for his second term as the 47th president of the United States (Christopher Furlong/Getty Images)

Elon Musk rejects claims linking him to Epstein

Tesla CEO Elon Musk has said he has no connection to convicted offender Jeffrey Epstein. In a message shared on Sunday, February 1, Musk wrote, “Of course. They are trying to deflect responsibility to me from the truly guilty.”

“I have NOT been to any of Epstein’s party, his plane or his island. But many others have. Those who have committed serious crimes need to be prosecuted,” he concluded.



Musk’s post came after reports about emails suggesting he asked about attending the “wildest party” hosted by Epstein on his island. Musk has for years minimized his association with Epstein. Back in September 2025, Musk strongly denied ever visiting the island. “Epstein tried to get me to go to his island and I REFUSED,” Musk said in a post.

Previously, he criticized Sky News for linking his name to Epstein before mentioning Britain’s Prince Andrew, who had visited Little St James Island.

New Epstein documents reveal emails and travel information

The Department of Justice (DOJ) on Friday released millions of additional pages of records connected to Epstein. Deputy Attorney General Todd Blanche said the release also included more than 2,000 videos and 180,000 images.

The decision came after weeks of criticism that the department was not following a federal law passed in November, which required all Epstein-related files to be made public by December 19. Among the documents were emails from 2012 to 2013 that showed Elon Musk’s name, although his email address was redacted.

“The world needs more romance,” Musk wrote to Epstein in October 2012, the documents show. He told Epstein he would be traveling with his partner at the time, English actress Talulah Riley, to St. Barts and was hoping to possibly connect at Epstein’s island.

NEW YORK, NY - JULY 08: A protest group called
A protest group called 'Hot Mess' hold up signs of Jeffrey Epstein in front of the Federal courthouse on July 8, 2019 in New York City. According to reports, Epstein will be charged with one count of s*x trafficking of minors and one count of conspiracy to engage in s*x trafficking of minors (Stephanie Keith/Getty Images)

In a November 2013 email, Epstein offered to send Musk a private helicopter and asked, “How many people will you be for the heli to island?” Musk replied that it would only be him and Riley and asked, “What day/night will be the wildest party on your island?”

A December 2013 email shows Musk writing again, “Christmas and New Year’s, will be in the BVI /St Bart’s area over the holidays. Is there a good time to visit?” Epstein answered, “I will send heli for you,” and Musk replied, “Thanks.” The emails also show that in October 2012, Musk forwarded questions from Epstein to his cousin, Peter Rive, a founder of SolarCity. In those messages, Epstein asked whether the solar installer could provide electricity to his New Mexico ranch or his island.

Musk later reacted to the release in posts on X, calling Friday’s publication of Epstein-related records “a distraction.” He said the emails he exchanged with the late financier could be “misinterpreted” to harm his name.

GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

Trump praises Team USA after first men's hockey gold in forty-six years historic win big
4 hours ago
Authorities said the 21-year-old entered a restricted zone near the north gate carrying what appeared to be a shotgun before officers opened fire
4 hours ago
'He jokes now about nationalizing the elections. He’s not joking. We’ve seen enough already,' Robert De Niro said about Donald Trump’s intentions
15 hours ago
Conversations paused as diners watched the brief rendition, which ended with applause and quickly became a highlight of the evening
15 hours ago
Melania Trump's 2026 ensemble differed from her 2025 look, when she chose a black tuxedo styled with pieces from Ralph Lauren and Dolce & Gabbana
16 hours ago
JD Vance described his wife Usha as someone who 'just wants to give her kids a good life and wants to be as good of a public servant as possible'
17 hours ago
The 'Shark Tank' investor says firms are scrambling after court blocks Donald Trump tariffs
1 day ago
Israel denied the claims, saying Tucker Carlson was 'politely asked routine questions' per standard procedures for travelers
1 day ago
Mark Ruffalo said President Donald Trump cannot act alone on war and backed Representative Ro Khanna’s War Powers vote
1 day ago
Editor Mark Guiducci reportedly barred press and social media from the Vanity Fair Oscar party amid tighter guest restrictions
1 day ago