'False narrative': Elon Musk hits back after his name appears in Epstein files

'Anyone pushing this false narrative deserves complete contempt,' Elon Musk wrote in response to reports about the newly released documents
Elon Musk lashed out at a Sky News article reporting that his name appeared in newly released documents linked to Jeffrey Epstein (Getty Images)
Elon Musk lashed out at a Sky News article reporting that his name appeared in newly released documents linked to Jeffrey Epstein (Getty Images)

BASTROP, TEXAS: After his name came up in the newly released documents linked to Jeffrey Epstein files, Elon Musk has denied any involvement with the disgraced financier. 

Partial records associated with Epstein released on Friday, September 26, included a mention of Musk as a potential visitor to Epstein's island on December 6, 2014.

Elon Musk claims Jeffrey Epstein tried to get him to go to his island



 

In response to a Sky News article on the release titled "Elon Musk and Prince Andrew named in latest Epstein files release," the Tesla CEO took to X (formerly Twitter) to write, "Shame on Sky News for this utterly misleading headline."

"Anyone pushing this false narrative deserves complete contempt. Epstein tried to get me to go to his island, and I REFUSED, yet they name me even before Prince Andrew, who did visit."

Musk also hit back at a Forbes article that claimed he had planned a trip to the island, which he labelled as "false."



 

What's in the latest Jeffrey Epstein files release

The newly released documents include phone messages, flight logs, financial ledgers, and Jeffrey Epstein's daily schedule, which include mentions of figures such as Elon Musk, billionaire Peter Thiel, Donald Trump ally Steve Bannon, Microsoft founder Bill Gates, and Prince Andrew. 

One of the documents mentions Epstein's schedule for the first week of December 2014 with a reminder that read, "Elon Musk to island Dec. 6 (is this still happening?)."

Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein in Cambridge, MA on 9/8/04. Epstein is connected with several prominent people including politicians, actors and academics. Epstein was convicted of having sex with an underaged woman. (Photo by Rick Friedman/Rick Friedman Photography/Corbis via Getty Images)
Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein in Cambridge, Massachusetts on 9/8/04 (Rick Friedman/Rick Friedman Photography/Corbis via Getty Images)

The documents also mention a tentative breakfast with Bill Gates in December 2018, with Ron Baron and Josh Harris listed as invitees.

It also includes breakfast plans with Bannon and lawyer Reid Weingarten on February 16, 2019, in New York, as well as lunch plans with Thiel on November 27, 2017.

When the Daily Mail contacted Musk, Theil, Bannon, and Gates for comment, the SpaceX founder strongly denied any connection with Epstein. 

Previously, the tech billionaire highlighted that Donald Trump’s name appeared on the Epstein list after stepping down as the head of the Department of Government Efficiency (DOGE) in June. 

Musk, however, deleted and said it "went too far," but continuously called out to release the files. 

He even described the withholding of documents as an obvious cover-up and questioned Trump’s credibility for not making them public. 

Epstein files and Donald Trump

Portrait of American financier Jeffrey Epstein (left) and real estate developer Donald Trump as they pose together at the Mar-a-Lago estate, Palm Beach, Florida, 1997. (Photo by Davidoff Studios/Getty Images)
Jeffrey Epstein and Donald Trump as they pose together at the Mar-a-Lago estate, Palm Beach, Florida, 1997 (Davidoff Studios/Getty Images)

The Epstein files have been a major point of controversy since Donald Trump promised to release them as part of his 2024 campaign.

During his confirmation hearing, FBI director Kash Patel ensured to make to the public the full extent of Epstein’s trafficking network. Attorney General Pam Bondi once said in a Fox News interview that the client list was on her desk for review, and a Wall Street Journal report in May claimed that she had told Trump that his name appeared in the files multiple times. 

Recently, Oversight Committee spokesperson Sara Guerrero urged Bondi to release all the documents, stressing that Democrats would keep pushing until everyone involved was exposed. 

She noted that the files reveal Epstein’s ties to some of the world’s most powerful men, and each document produced will bring justice to victims and survivors.

GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

Laura Loomer also claimed Nasire Best made a TikTok post threatening violence against Donald Trump in December 2025
12 hours ago
Amin Abdullah’s sons remembered their father as a hero after he died protecting children during a mosque attack
12 hours ago
'Forever yours, forever mine,' Bettina Anderson captioned a black-and-white photo shared on Instagram Stories
13 hours ago
Karoline Leavitt praised Marco Rubio and JD Vance after the pair stepped in during her maternity leave
14 hours ago
FBI agents must qualify through local rounds before competing in Quantico, where the event will focus on fitness and team-building
14 hours ago
More than 40,000 residents were evacuated after emergency teams were unable to neutralize the chemical tank at an aerospace facility
14 hours ago
Abdul Carter mocked Jaxson Dart’s Donald Trump rally appearance, saying he thought the viral clip was created using AI
17 hours ago
Donald Trump Jr and Bettina Anderson celebrated their union alongside Ivanka Trump, Eric Trump and relatives
17 hours ago
A source said Tiger Woods believes Vanessa Trump will recover and is supporting her despite his recent DUI troubles
18 hours ago
Nasire Best allegedly violated prior stay-away orders before opening fire near the White House checkpoint
18 hours ago