Far-left streamer Hasan Piker mocks Trump after WH checkpoint shooting: ‘The ballroom is safe!’

Earlier, Hasan Piker claimed conservatives were using the WHCA Dinner shooting to justify Donald Trump’s ballroom project
Hasan Piker reacted to the White House shooting on X with a brief post saying, 'Uh oh' (Daniele Venturelli/WireImage, Andrew Leyden/Getty Images)
Hasan Piker reacted to the White House shooting on X with a brief post saying, 'Uh oh' (Daniele Venturelli/WireImage, Andrew Leyden/Getty Images)

WASHINGTON, DC: Far-left Twitch streamer Hasan Piker posted a series of sarcastic responses mocking the fatal shooting at a White House security checkpoint, declaring on social media that "the ballroom is safe!" to poke fun at the administration's proposed security project.

As law enforcement responded to a shooter outside the executive mansion, Piker posted dismissive commentary online targeting President Donald Trump’s heightened security measures.

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA - MARCH 15: Hasan Piker attends the 2026 Vanity Fair Oscar Party hosted by Mark Guiducci at Los Angeles County Museum of Art on March 15, 2026 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Taylor Hill/FilmMagic)
Hasan Piker attends the 2026 Vanity Fair Oscar Party hosted by Mark Guiducci at Los Angeles County Museum of Art on March 15, 2026 in Los Angeles, California (Taylor Hill/FilmMagic)

Hasan Piker mocks White House ballroom after shooting

The online commentary began when Hasan Piker reshared a post by ABC News White House correspondent Selina Wang, who was present at the White House North Lawn during the incident. "Uh oh," Piker posted on X.



Piker immediately followed up with another post mocking the construction of the White House Ballroom, writing, "Sources tell me the ballroom is safe! please god."



It is worth noting that the White House has increasingly emphasized security to justify building this structure, particularly after President Trump faced an unprecedented third assassination attempt last month at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner at the Washington Hilton.

Trump defends ballroom security after White House shooting

Following the shooting, Trump thanked law enforcement and defended the ballroom project on Truth Social.

"This event is one month removed from the White House Correspondent's Dinner shooting," Trump said.

"And goes to show how important it is, for all future Presidents, to get what will be the most safe and secure space of its kind ever built in Washington, DC. The National Security of our Country demands it!"



Piker then went on TikTok to share Wang's video and mock the ballroom again.

President Donald Trump tours Ballroom construction around the outside the White House, Tuesday, May 19, 2026, in Washington. (AP Photo/Jacquelyn Martin)
President Donald Trump tours Ballroom construction around the outside the White House, Tuesday, May 19, 2026, in Washington (AP Photo/Jacquelyn Martin)

He said the shootings only happen "because there is no ballroom" and "if they knew that there was a ballroom, you would basically stave off all potential shooters in the future because they would know how powerful the ballroom is."

The far-left streamer is a frequent critic of the Trump administration.

Last month on Instagram, he questioned the previous shooting at the White House Correspondents' Association (WHCA) Dinner, writing, "the right is using it to justify building Trump's ballroom lmao" in a post.

WASHINGTON, DC - MAY 23: Members of the U.S. Secret Service tend to a wounded man on the scene of a shooting near the White House on May 23, 2026 in Washington, DC. Emergency teams work the scene after multiple rapid-fire gunshots ring out outside the White House. President Trump was reportedly inside the White House working on a peace deal with Iran. (Photo by Roberto Schmidt/Getty Images)
Members of the Secret Service tend to a wounded man on the scene of a shooting near the White House on May 23, 2026 in Washington, DC. Emergency teams work the scene after multiple rapid-fire gunshots ring out outside the White House. President Trump was reportedly inside the White House working on a peace deal with Iran (Roberto Schmidt/Getty Images)

White House shooting leaves gunman dead, bystander hurt

The shooting happened shortly after 6 pm near 17th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue NW when a gunman opened fire toward a Secret Service booth on Saturday, May 24.

The gunman was identified as 21-year-old Nasire Best from Maryland. Best fired several shots before Uniformed Division officers shot and killed him. Officials noted that Best had a history of mental health issues and prior contact with law enforcement.

WASHINGTON, DC - MAY 23, 2026: Emergency teams work the scene after multiple rapid-fire gunshots ring out near the White House on May 23, 2026 in Washington, DC. President Trump was reportedly inside the White House working on a peace deal with Iran. (Photo by Andrew Leyden/Getty Images)
Emergency teams work the scene after multiple rapid-fire gunshots ring out near the White House on May 23, 2026 in Washington, DC. President Trump was reportedly inside the White House working on a peace deal with Iran (Andrew Leyden/Getty Images)

A bystander was wounded during the incident, but officials have not said who fired the shot or released the person’s medical condition.

No Secret Service agents were hurt. It is worth mentioning that President Trump was inside the White House working on Iran peace talks when the shooting occurred.

GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

Ryder Williams gained national attention after rescuing a 10-year-old boy from rough surf while working as a lifeguard at Seabright State Beach
27 minutes ago
Todd Blanche also expressed regret over the lack of an update, acknowledging how heartbreaking the case has been
21 hours ago
Brad Cooper visited six countries during a 10-day Middle East tour, met over 50,000 US service members and praised the Lincoln Carrier Strike Group
1 day ago
Joey Jones also questioned what older veterans might think when hearing younger service members complain about ordinary hardships while deployed
1 day ago
The controversy began after a sailor's relative alleged that crew lacked care packages and female sailors ran short of hygiene products
1 day ago
Trump continued joking about the impromptu audition, telling Alexis that he had always liked her
1 day ago
Journalists who remained aboard Air Force One had objected to the way the operation was handled
1 day ago
Major Crimes and Crime Scene divisions led the investigation as police sought a motive and suspects, with no arrests announced
1 day ago
Camron Harris, 19, faces eight felony warrants, including malicious wounding and firearm charges, and is being held without bond
1 day ago
The USS Abraham Lincoln has faced scrutiny over its prolonged deployment, with sailors and families raising concerns about conditions aboard the carrier
1 day ago