Greg Kelly slammed for defending Trump’s language in Easter post despite past anti-vulgarity views

The president sparked criticism for sharing an expletive-laden warning post for Iran on Easter Sunday.
Greg Kelly was blasted online for supporting Donald Trump (X/ @gregkellyusa and Getty Images)
Greg Kelly was blasted online for supporting Donald Trump (X/ @gregkellyusa and Getty Images)

WASHINGTON, D.C.: Newsmax host Grey Kelly was slammed online after he defended President Donald Trump’s language in an Easter post.

The POTUS had used expletives in his Sunday, April 5, post targeting Iran regarding the closure of the Strait of Hormuz.

Greg Kelly supports Trump's expletive-laden warning

President Donald Trump speaks about the Iran war from the Cross Hall of the White House on Wednesday, April 1, 2026, in Washington. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon, Pool)
President Donald Trump speaks about the Iran war from the Cross Hall of the White House on Wednesday, April 1, 2026, in Washington. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon, Pool)

Kelly took to X to justify Trump's statement. “Everyone so ‘Horrified’ at President TRUMP and his language. GIVE ME A BREAK. This is the way people TALK. Get Over it,” he wrote.



“It’s barely lunch time and I’ve heard the F word on the streets of NYC a dozen times.  TRUMP is Keeping it Real—-WE ARE GOING TO WIN!” he added.

Trump threatens Iran will be 'living in hell'

President Donald Trump answers questions from reporters after signing an executive order in the Oval Office of the White House Tuesday, March 31, 2026, in Washington. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)
President Donald Trump answers questions from reporters after signing an executive order in the Oval Office of the White House Tuesday, March 31, 2026, in Washington. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

The conservative television anchor was referring to Trump’s Truth social post.

The President had previously said, “Tuesday will be Power Plant Day, and Bridge Day, all wrapped up in one, in Iran. There will be nothing like it!!! Open the F**** Strait, you crazy b******s, or you’ll be living in Hell - JUST WATCH! Praise be to Allah.”



Internet users call Greg Kelly 'hypocrite'

But soon Kelly was schooled by many X users as some even unearthed his past stance on using vulgar language.

One user asked, “This you?” while tagging a screenshot of one of his older posts that read, “I frown upon offensive vulgarity!  I favor a ban (voluntary) on THE F WORD. Should ONLY be uttered in Private, in ‘certain’ situations. Never in public !!!”



Another user wrote, “The hypocrisy of MAGA is laughable!”



A person sarcastically commented, “Unless it's the president using it publicly, on Easter, threatening war crimes.”



“Sure. Whatever you say, hypocrite,” a critic replied.



“What a low class attempt to cover a no-class President. Trump skipped church on Easter but found time to post another example of his advanced cognitive decline….” a comment read.



“‘This is how people talk’ might apply on a street corner, not from a president discussing military action. And it’s a bit rich coming from someone who previously said vulgarity should never be used in public,” Human rights advocate, Wayne Leng, stated.



An X user shared, “Once again.  The hypocrisy is astounding.  And you believe this is the new standard of the presidency?  Lol.”



“You hypocrite. Not what you posted in 2022. The President is not supposed to be just any person. The standard should always be higher and also situations require deeper understanding and precision than this man can ever accomplish. Invoke the 25th,” a comment added.



Trump reiterated plans to destroy Iran in new interview

President Donald Trump speaks in the Oval Office of the White House before signing an executive order Tuesday, March 31, 2026, in Washington. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)
President Donald Trump speaks in the Oval Office of the White House before signing an executive order Tuesday, March 31, 2026, in Washington. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

Meanwhile, Trump’s post was not the only warning he issued for Tehran on Sunday. In an interview with ABC News, he even claimed that the ongoing war “should be over in days, not weeks but if no deal is made he’s blowing up the whole country with ‘very little’ off the table.”



Regarding targeting the civilian infrastructure, the Republican leader added, “Well, I don't want to talk about that. But the civilians want me to do it. Okay, the civilians, you know, when they're most unhappy, when they don't hear bombs going off because they're living in hell.”

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.

RELATED TOPICS US STRIKES IRAN

GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

'The View' co-host’s remarks on Helen of Troy’s portrayal triggered debate online, with critics rejecting the claim and defending traditional views
3 days ago
President Trump cited a month-old survey to claim national unity, even as data showed that a majority of Americans opposed the current conflict
May 9, 2026
The survey finds growing concern over rising gas prices and the risk of a recession
May 2, 2026
The reactions to Vance's outfit were not limited to criticism, as some users framed the moment as lighthearted internet humor rather than serious commentary
May 2, 2026
A Washington Post, ABC News and Ipsos poll found that 56 percent opposed the construction, while fewer than three in ten supported it
Apr 30, 2026
During an interview, Jasmine Crockett highlighted the disconnect she feels between her position and how she is perceived by others
Apr 30, 2026
Timothee Chalamet drew online criticism after courtside behavior at a New York Knicks game involving Tina Fey and Kylie Jenner sparked debate
Apr 30, 2026
Harry Enten said Donald Trump’s inflation ratings are unusually poor despite lower inflation, raising concerns about voter perception
Apr 30, 2026
The White House post ignited fresh row amid King Charles's state visit to the United States
Apr 29, 2026
Actor Ben Stiller faced online backlash after his Knicks post coincided with a White House Correspondents Dinner security scare incident
Apr 28, 2026