'Starting the excuse not to show up': Internet slams Trump as Biden camp hits back at ex-prez for 'playing games' by accepting third debate

Joe Biden's team criticized Donald Trump's unilateral third debate announcement after agreeing to two debates, accusing him of 'playing games'
President Joe Biden's campaign team called out Donald Trump for announcing a third debate on Fox News (Getty Images)
President Joe Biden's campaign team called out Donald Trump for announcing a third debate on Fox News (Getty Images)

WASHINGTON, DC: President Joe Biden's campaign admonished former President Donald Trump for going rogue and unilaterally announcing a third debate with his Democratic opponent after both parties agreed to two debates, reported Mediaite.

On Wednesday, May 15, the GOP presumptive nominee accepted the two debates following CNN and ABC invitations, scheduled for June 27 and September 10, respectively. Trump agreed to the much-anticipated debate ahead of the 2024 presidential election after his successor challenged him on social media to come face to face.

The ex-president, who was not part of any debates during the Republican primary race, often demanded Biden to debate "anywhere, any time, any place," after the race entered a general election mode.



 

Trump's third debate announcement irks Biden's team

The Republican White House hopeful made an independent announcement on his Truth Social on May 15 after the major party candidates agreed to two presidential debates. Apparently, without consulting the Biden campaign, Trump decided to debate "Crooked Joe Biden on FoxNews" on October 2, moderated by Bret Baier and Martha MacCallum.

Responding to the announcement in a statement, Biden-Harris 2024 Chair Jen O'Malley Dillon slammed Trump for "playing games," doubting the possibility of the ex-president showing up.

CLEVELAND, OHIO - SEPTEMBER 29:  U.S. President Donald Trump participates in the first presidential
Donald Trump independently announced a third presidential debate with Joe Biden (Getty Images)

"Donald Trump has a long history of playing games with debates: complaining about the rules, breaking those rules, pulling out at the last minute, or not showing up at all – which he's done repeatedly in all three cycles he's run for president," Dillon said, highlighting the real estate mogul's frequent rant to debate Biden "anytime, anywhere, anyplace."

Emphasizing the president's agreement for two one-on-one debates, which Trump accepted, the campaign chair stated, "No more games. No more chaos, no more debate about debates. We'll see Donald Trump on June 27 in Atlanta – if he shows up."

In 2020, both candidates engaged in a fiery debate twice out of the three planned events; one was canceled due to Trump's Covid infection.

CLEVELAND, OHIO - SEPTEMBER 29:  U.S. President Donald Trump and Democratic presidential nominee Joe
Donald Trump and Joe Biden debated twice during their 2020 White House race (Getty Images)

Biden previously had a cold approach to Trump's demands to debate but changed his stance in late April, expressing readiness to face his predecessor again.

In addition, the Biden campaign came up with a list of demands after the former president agreed to debate, including the event being inside a television studio with a moderator, muting speaker's microphone after the allotted time, and firm time limits for answers.

Internet blasts Donald Trump

Netizens called out Trump's plan to debate Biden on Fox News and suggested the former president might not attend.

One user wrote, "Here is Trump starting the excuse not to show up. If Biden won't go to Fox, he won't go to CNN. Even though Trump said anytime any place."

"I fear it’ll be another show with DT just talking over everyone with insults but no content," a  person remarked.



 



 

"Same game with taking the stand in his own defense," a third user claimed.

A fourth response read, "Trump never lived up to a contractural obligation, a marital vow or the presidential oath, nor did he permit any employee to do so! So why the surprise? This is just trump's MO!"

Another user wrote, "There will be lots of drama & nonsense coming from the trump side show, leading up to the debate, which is unlikely to happen. His handlers must be terrified at the thought of dementia don trying to answer questions that require intelligent thought & defense of policy."



 



 



 

"I seriously doubt Trump will show up for this debate. He always has some excuse or some reason why he's being treated unfairly. Always playing games. Always the victim. The American people deserve to hear from both candidates. Where they stand on the issues. No theatrics. No BS," someone else said. 

"Trump will never obey rules. He never has in his whole life," an individual chimed in. Meanwhile, another user wrote, "Trump’s strengths: Playing games, playing victim, playing competent, and playing wealthy."



 



 



 

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.

GET BREAKING U.S. NEWS & POLITICAL UPDATES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

'He'd (Don Jr) like me to go, but it's going to be just a small, little private affair, and I'm going to try and make it', Trump had said on Thursday
4 hours ago
Kamala Harris refuses to rule out 2028 White House run amid Democratic concerns
5 hours ago
Lukas, a senior intelligence figure, is to maintain continuity during leadership change
6 hours ago
In her letter, she thanks colleagues and cites personal and family reasons for stepping down
7 hours ago
The controversy centered on a series of old Reddit posts linked to the username 'P-Hustle', an account Dem Senate candidate Platner admitted owning
8 hours ago
DCCC spends $35K in intervention ad push ahead of critical primary runoff
8 hours ago
'We all would love to see an agreement with Iran in which the straits are open, and they abandon their nuclear ambitions', Marco Rubio said
9 hours ago
Trump erupts after Thom Tillis criticizes $1.776B ‘anti-weaponization fund’
9 hours ago
EU enacts emergency sanctions framework with asset freezes, travel bans on trade disruptors
9 hours ago
Secretary of State Marco Rubio urged allies to prepare backup plans for a long maritime crisis if diplomacy failed to end Iran's blockade
10 hours ago