Michael Buble proudly declares Canada is 'not for sale' in subtle jab at Donald Trump in his Junos speech

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA: Canadian singer Michael Buble boldly declared that Canada is "not for sale" in what appeared to be a subtle response to President Donald Trump at the 2025 Juno Awards on March 30.
The singer's remarks came after the American president referred to the US-Canada border as an "artificial line" and suggested that Canada could one day become the United States' 51st state last month, the Independent reported.

"It's just an artificial line that was drawn in the sand or in the ice," Trump said, before adding, "You add that to this country - what a beautiful landmass. The most beautiful landmass anywhere in the world. And it was just cut off for whatever reason."
Canadian singer #MichaelBublé stated boldly that Canada is not for sale when he hosted the JUNO Awards last night. Did you catch the show? #JUNOS #Canada #tradewar pic.twitter.com/jYdmjP48ZH
— Now Toronto (@nowtoronto) March 31, 2025
Michael Buble expresses deep pride in being Canadian as he hits back at Donald Trump
While hosting the 2025 Juno Awards, Canada's equivalent of the Grammys, Michael Buble took a moment to express his deep pride in being Canadian, calling his homeland "the greatest nation on Earth."
The singer's words were delivered with evident emotion as he got emotional as he spoke.
"Folks, we’re one of a kind. We are beautiful. We are the greatest nation on Earth. And we are not for sale," Buble declared passionately in his monologue, which viewers called a befitting reply to Trump, who expressed his desire to make Canada the US' 51st state.
🚨President Trump on Canada becoming the 51st state:
— Derrick Evans (@DerrickEvans4WV) March 15, 2025
"As a state, it would be one of the great states. This would be the most incredible country visually." pic.twitter.com/zZZ1j6Z61C
Buble then made a lighthearted joke after apparently misreading the prompter. "When they go low, we get high, we go high. Probably the same thing. Bottom line, we love this country. And when you love something, you show up for it, and we always will," he said.
He added, "We will, because we’re formidable, because we’re fearless, because we don’t just acknowledge our differences, we embrace them. Because they don’t just make us stronger, they make us a hell of a lot more interesting."
Internet hails Michael Buble's speech, calling it a 'great response' to Donald Trump

After the video of Michael Buble expressing his pride in being Canadian went viral, many internet users quickly took to Facebook to praise the Canadian singer for his speech at the 2025 Juno Awards and hailed it as an indirect response to President Donald Trump.
One social media user commented, "Good for you , great response to trump," while another encouraged the singer and wrote, "Make more noise.michael."
One Facebook user remarked, "That was great what you said. We are not for sale.."
Another declared, "It doesn't matter, I'm still a Canadian n I never let myself to lose my Canadian Citizen, I'm proud n even Michael so popular here in Hollywood n entire USA never let Trump succeeded n never!"
One individual wrote, "Bravo Michael! I am a proud American..And I DO NOT Agree in what is going on in my country right now. I pray things change."
Another added, "That is soooo true thrump hope you hear that we are not for sale! Just do work as american pres mind ur own business! We have our own country and this is not yours! Canada is for Canadien! Not yours!"
Someone else wrote, "Great Michael great response to trump x."
Canadian Prime Minister Mark Carney says relationship with US has changed

Canadian politicians and artists have made their views clear on President Donald Trump's recent remarks.
Canadian MP Charlie Angus accused the administration of committing an "act of war" due to the president's repeated references to Canada as the "51st state" and the imposition of tariffs on Canadian goods.
In early March, Trump imposed a 25% tariff on steel and aluminum imports from various countries, and Canada is set to face a similar 25% tax on all imported goods starting April 2. These tariffs have sparked boycotts of US products in Canada.

Amid escalating tensions, Canadian Prime Minister Mark Carney addressed the press, stating that the relationship between the two countries has drastically changed.
"The old relationship we had with the United States, based on deepening integration of our economies and tight security and military cooperations, is over," he said, before adding, "The time will come for a broad renegotiation of our security and trade relationship."
White House deputy press secretary Anna Kelly also weighed in, suggesting that Canadians like Michael Buble can continue to perform 'O Canada' in honor of what Trump described as America’s "cherished 51st state," according to her statement to Fox News Digital.
This article contains remarks made on the internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.